5.0 out of 5 stars Touchscreen wonder
Published on May 28, 2012 by islander

1.0 out of 5 stars LCD Touchscreen broke within 10 days of purchase
Published on July 6, 2011 by Frank in Fair Oaks

5.0 out of 5 stars Touchscreen wonder, May 28, 2012
This review is from: Samsung WB210 14 Megapixel Digital Camera - Burgundy (Electronics)
Don't be put off by bad reviews. Any camera can be a lemon, but mine has worked perfectly and was well under half price, so lots of camera for cheap. The 21mm wide angle is really handy creatively, or just for cramming in lots of people or other subject matter, and the 12x zoom covers a lot of range. The touch screen is intuitive and amazingly sharp (1,152,000 dots, the highest resolution around, and it's 3.5" so it's huge!) I've take some stunning hand-held flowing water shots at 1/6 of a second (that's right, 1/6th of a second!) and the image stabilization works beautifully. Those micro-SD cards are so tiny, but they hold 122 superfine shots on a 1 GB card even at the highest resolution of 14 megapixels. I shoot most of mine at the "fine setting" at 5megapixels resolution and can get over 600 shots on that same card! (Though I seldom wait for more than two dozen or so before I put them on the computer, but for travel that capacity would be handy.) This is my first touch screen unit, and I love the touch screen, much easier to use than a button menu camera. If you use a smart phone, you'll find this camera is a breeze.

I bought the camera for it's wide-angle capability and it's long zoom range, thus, It's a great landscape camera. I'm buying a twin WB 210 to use for stereo (3D) action photography, a fun specialty niche I'm enjoying.

1.0 out of 5 stars LCD Touchscreen broke within 10 days of purchase, July 6, 2011
Frank in Fair Oaks "Frank" (Fair Oaks, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this camera at a competitor. I found the logic using the touchscreen quite inuitive. Unfortunately the touchscreen quit working properly after 10 days of use. A black "curtain" covered about 1/2 of the screen and then a jagged black shadow covered other parts of the screen and grew larger over 24 hours. This left about 20% of the screen view visible. I was overseas on a trip when this happened and returned the camera upon my return. The salesperson felt the LCD screen had cracked. The camera was never dropped and it was carefully kept in its case when not in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, September 7, 2012
It was exactly what I was looking for in a small digital camera. I really like the touch screen. The pictures are very clear and look great on my pc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 16, 2014
great camera

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, October 18, 2012
My first digital camera was a Nikon, and after using it for a while, and not liking it, I started having some ideas what features I would like to have in my next one. This Samsung is like I design it and it even surpass what I ever expected in a camera for myself. And $115 was the icing on the top of the cake!