Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 11, 2009
I purchased this Samsung ultra slim wall mount for my new Samsung UN55B8000 55" LED TV. I have to admit that I was a bit apprehensive about mounting a $3K TV using such minimal hardware, but the materials and construction of the mounting system is very high quality. The ultra slim wall mount takes full advantage of the TV's thin (1.2") design and only adds a half inch when installed. Therefore, the total depth from the wall is less than 2". Awesome! If you're going to wall mount the 6000, 7000, or 8000 series LED TVs, this is the way to go.
1010 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2010
Was very pleased with the speed of the arrival of my Samsung Wall Mount.

I just got bought a Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV, and I thought this would be the perfect pair. I installed the mount, and hung the TV (which slipped off of one of the Circles accidentally, but was held in place by the other).

I believe this is definitely the case of FORM over FUNCTION. The mount looks beautiful, and when hanging the TV on the wall it was closer than some of the Pictures that I have hanging - Amazing! But when trying to pull it from the bottom and engage the "kickstand" so I could install the connection cords, it was very unstable, and slipped off of one circle once again.

I love to hook up USB sticks to my TV's for pictures, etc. And the thought of having to engage that kickstand everytime I put the USB stick in frightened me. I believe the circles should be designed in a way where the well that holds the Cord is deeper, so even if you pull it forward it would not drop off unless moving it a lot upwards.

I finally reluctantly, purchased a IC Chief Wall mount,( http://www.amazon.com/Chief-Inches-Panel-Mount-Cables/dp/B0037V01P8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1280343134&sr=8-1 )and the TV is sooo much more secure, even when placing it in "Kickstand mode", it is built with four hooks, that hook on to bars, and the bottom ones are released forward when going into kickstand mode by pulling two simple cords in the back.

Looks wise, it isn't much different than the Samsung Wall mounts, actually looks like its floating more, and the set has much more room in the back which helps in ventilation!
44 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2009
I just mounted my 40 inch LED TV, An have to say it was very simple and easy. Great mount, although it is a little pricey at the MSRP of $249. Bought it through Amazon at Beach Audio for $116 shipped. I used two in-wall cable access ports, that I found at Lowes electrical Dept. I put one behind TV and the other directly below it( in same stud cavity) by the receptacle. I passed the power and 1 HDMI cable through the one, then chased down wall, out the other. Very clean look. If you have more than 1 cable to run, use a AV receiver for your source switching. Just love the TV. Looking at the HT-BD8200 Blu-ray sound bar with wireless sub to complete the clean minimalist look.
1515 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2009
Used this mount for a Samsung 46 inch LED TV. A little over priced but I bought this TV to hang as close to the wall as possible. No point in paying a premium for a thin TV and the having it stick put from the wall 2 inches. Product quality is A+. Very well made in fit and finish. Mounts TV securely to the wall and with the cables hidden in the wall, makes the TV float. TV hangs flat to the wall, no tilt. Good instructions and comes with a varity of hardware to attach to most kinds of walls. 5 stars for a well made well designed mount. 1 star off for the price. I'd buy it again.
on June 18, 2015
Because it was recommended for my TV, used this to mount a Samsung UN55B8500 which cost around $3700 in early 2010. Today with no warning the TV dropped to the floor. What failed is the part (cable) that mounts to the back of the TV, not the parts that mount to the wall. I installed those to never come off the wall, and they have not. No, one of the cable ends that bolt to the TV came apart. They're supposed to be rated for 110 lbs. My TV weighs 60 lbs., only a little more than 50% of the load rating. The TV is now just 60 lbs. of junk. The cable itself is steel, but the terminations are just plastic, it turns out -- there's no embedded steel reinforcing them -- so it's impossible to see how they can carry their rated load.

If you have one of these, I believe it's a matter of when, not if, this will happen to you.
on October 28, 2009
ok, so the new tv is here and up. and its great. heres all the info i can give you.
first off, and i admit i should of paid more attention, see that picture they show you of the mount? that's the back of the tv. i'm sure it says this somewhere, but it got by me, shame on me. so here i was expecting this large box and when it arrived i had this small box and was intially upset b/c i thought i got the wrong thing. speaking of wrong thing, when you order the WMN1000BXZA, the box (the one i got at least) ended at B. it does indicate it's for the 860 though. i even verified at samsung. anyway, its all good.
so, i say to myself, WTF, why design this and not have it so you can secure it into 2 studs. once i see all the screws i think, oh it is just about 16 inches, maybe it will work. once i figure out the directions, pictures mostly, as there are 100 diff't languages they prepare for, i see that indeed, its as i thought, only one stud can be used. ok, this worries me. so, i do the proper measurements and what you have to do is this:
take your measurements from the tv (mine is the 50) and center it by measuring which stud you want to connect with. the directions call for you to set the 2 wall mounts 7-7.8 inches apart. so drill these in, screw in the 2 top (and bottom 2 for angling) to the tv, and there you have it. it is awesome how close it is. i have no trouble with wires (although its not exactly how it will end up) so that's nice.
giving as much info as i can, i bought it for 140, but have seen it for just under 110, doh!
worth it at 140, but still cheaper is better!
of course i wish it was 2 studs, but what they do is give you a good drywall mount to install. if you are familar, i call them toggle screws (may not be right term), you can use this for the drywall part. what it is:
you drill a 1/2 inch hole and insert the screw. the new thing for me though is this. all toggles i have worked with are the screw in variety. basically, you drill the hole, slide in the metal side, make sure the clasp flips over (to grab inside of drywall) and rather than screwing it in, you basically zip tie it in, odd but it works.
all in all, it works great. i am happy. you do need 2 for the job unless you have a large wingspan. weight not the issue, but why risk dropping on your toes!
i think that's all the details i got, i hope this helps all, i say give it a go, post back if you got questions!
on February 20, 2011
I bought this based on the reviews. For the most part I think the product is well made and it will perform (I hope) as intended. The problems I had were with the mounting hardware for drywall installation. First off, I had to drill a 1/2" hole in the wall, then insert this complicated mechanism that is supposed to snug up inside the drywall and provide a strong support. So far so good - until I tried to screw the mounting disks to the wall and the plastic thing broke inside the wall. I thought "no problem" they included an extra set. So I tried another one - and it broke too! So now I have two half inch holes in my wall and no mounting hardware left.

I should point out that it took me 2 days of careful study to decipher the instructions which are done in the "international" format of drawings, circles with slashes through them, and weirdly converted metric dimensions (what's 0.80" mean?)

I ended up using a third party drywall anchor that's rated up to 50 lbs each - which should be more than enough to hold up the TV. I guess its better than having used their crappy hardware, have it break, and watch my $2,500 TV crash to the floor. The instructions didn't include a cartoon of that happening so hopefully I'll be OK.

Samsung - get your act together on this stuff. People are paying up to use your "official" wall mount that couldn't contain more than about $12 worth of hardware. Print the instructions in English (North America is a big market) and make use of the good third party drywall mounts out there instead of inventing your own mechanisms...its not your strong suit.
on October 25, 2009
This was relatively easy to install, just two holes to drill. The written instruction were worthless. I relied on the diagrams to get the job done. I recommend you get a digital stud finder to find and use at least one stud. I was concerned that the sound quality would be effected because the speakers are mounted on the back of the TV and there is less than 3/4 inch gap between the speakers and wall. The sound quality is still excellent regardless.

I though I was going to receive a huge package by the looks of the photographs, at lease a 4' x 4' box. The mounts shipped in a box 12" x 10". 4 large circular metal mounts and several bags of hardware.

I would recommend this Samsung Ultraslim mount.
on March 28, 2013
This was pretty easy to install and the mounts aren't noticeable at all. It definitely won't leave big marks on your wall like those other mounts. Be sure to connect all the cables and then mount it. It'll make it so much easier.
on November 13, 2013
We got this when we got our TV in 2009. When we first put it up we received so many compliments on how thin our TV was … it was partly because how close this wall mount had the TV to the wall.
It was relatively easy to put up. I would say you need 2 strong people depending how heavy your TV is but it is so worth it ( we have a 50 inch Samsung plasma)! We just moved and mounted it yet again - so this mount has been in use for 5 years now and we are still getting compliments…. we recommend to all of our friends!