Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 1000+ questions
votes
Nope. Java has too many security problems, so Google decided not to include it.
Feb 18, 2014 by M. Merkey
votes
Yes. I have tried wireless, wired (usb), and bluetooth mice. All worked fine.
Dec 12, 2013 by Ray Nolan
votes
Its my understanding that its virtually impossible to get viruses on chromebooks
Feb 19, 2014 by Amy Holcomb
votes
Yes it is. It mostly depends on your Wi-fi connection. I have no problems with videos, and even have watched some TV episodes on it. Having a solid state hard drive with no files cluttering it up probably helps, too, since all of your files are stored on a cloud server or elsewhere.
Mar 17, 2014 by AC
votes
can i play farmville Aug 4, 2013
Okay, I've never played Farmville before, but I loaded it up just to answer your question. It seems to run perfectly fine. I ran it in comparison on Asus gaming laptop and they were totally comparable. Now, being a committed First Person Shooter fan, I was going to answer your question with something pithy like, "why would you want to play Farmville?", but after 5 minutes I kinda had trouble turning it off and also really want to go play some more. Damn you. So, the answer is "yes!".
Aug 4, 2013 by chickenclick
votes
Yes, Google Docs will allow you to do basic word processing offline as well as online. Be warned that Docs is relatively basic in comparison to Microsoft Word, and does not have anywhere near as many "bells and whistles".
Jan 14, 2014 by LS650
votes
word and excel Dec 8, 2013
You cannot install Word or Excel on it, no. You CAN, however, use Word and Excel Web Apps by way of Microsoft SkyDrive or Office365. As Ginger Taylor pointed out, you can also use Google Drive, which I prefer because it is a bit more flexible and better integrated with the rest of the Chrome operating system. Google Drive does a good job of reading and writing files in Word and Excel formats.
Dec 9, 2013 by Mojo
votes
Absolutely. I will admit that the Chromebook's PDF viewer is rather lacking in features compared to Adobe's native viewer, but it will definitely work for you offline.
Dec 3, 2013 by M. Merkey
votes
According to Melissa Daniels of Chromebook Central, you can connect CD and DVD drives to access data that has already been recorded - you can't record to the disks, and probably you won't be able to play DVDs, as you can only play mp4 videos from local storage (and several other types when uploaded to Google Drive).
Feb 20, 2013 by Dr. Mark Tweedie
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   100   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers