5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cover - Fits Well
Although this review is based on the black cover for the 11.6" Samsung Chromebook - there are a total of nine colors of this product available. All are exactly the same except for the color. iPearl makes a variety of custom covers for tablets and laptops.

QODVU / RATINGS

Published 18 months ago by AMAZONR8R

1.0 out of 5 stars Highly Disappointed
I reluctantly must say that the quality of this cover was not what I had expected. The bottom piece fit the laptop snug, but the top seemed to have an issue around the two hinges. The top portion of the case would prevent my laptop from opening properly, almost causing me to snap off a hinge in the process. Sending back for a refund.
Published 15 months ago by Frank Ochoa

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cover - Fits Well, June 19, 2013
This review is from: iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for 11.6" Samsung XE303C12 series Chromebook (Wi-Fi or 3G) laptop (Not Compatible with Samsung Chrombook 2: XE503C12) - Red (Personal Computers)

QODVU / RATINGS

QUALITY / 9: Remember, this IS plastic. However, it appears well made. The matte finish on the black cover does show fingerprints where it was touched - unless your fingers are super-squeaky clean. I think they might show less on the clear cover. For other offered colors, this might be a concern.

OPERATION & FUNCTION / 8: Once attached, the cover does not interfere with opening or closing the Chromebook. Since the cover functions to protect the Chromebook - I would have to give the function aspect a lower rating from what the company seems to imply on Amazon. It will protect it from scratches - my main concern, but don't expect it to protect it much if you drop your Samsung. It is not thick or padded enough to prevent the shock of a drop or damage. The company states it will protect your Chromebook and that the covers are shatterproof. If you read through it too fast, you will think it will protect it from major bumps or even a drop. The company seems to say it will protect the corners and it might protect it some from slight bumps while carrying it.

DESIGN / 9: The cover is actually in two parts. Each part was wrapped in plastic and placed in an Amazon box when it arrived - well packaged. One piece snaps onto the screen, and the other onto the keyboard. This was very easy - requires no instructions. Just don't try to force them - make sure the small snap "tags" are in the right place. I took my time. The cover adds to the weight and thickness of the Samsung, noticeably so. The feet are a little difficult to open (hard to get a good hold with your fingers)...best have good fingernails! I am not sure how long they will hold up but appear to be good for plastic. Covers fit tight - no looseness or gaps noted. Bottom is very well vented to dissipate heat, even though there are no vents on the Chromebook itself. Nor does the bottom block the speakers (there are cut-outs). An added bonus: It appears that the plastic cover helps reinforce the screen...and helps reduce the pressure (from possible bending) on the screen when opening.

VALUE / 9: Since the price dropped from the $20 purchase price from when I originally ordered it, I can now boost my personal rating to a "5". It does not look as cheap as I expected it would, probably due to the excellent fit and the matte look. On some colors, fingerprints might be a concern for some and they do not rub off easily. But to be honest, I am not sure how they would resolve this.

UPDATES (Reserved): After well over a year of using this product - I can honestly say I really got my money's worth. Even after I dropped my computer bag at the airport and did some case damage to the Chromebook (though it still works fine), the cover never cracked or broke - still using it as I type this. Just remember the cover is just designed to protect the finish and is not capable of doing much protection in a drop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, September 14, 2013
J. Reyes (Florida United States) - See all my reviews
No, this is not a case to protect your Chromebook if you drop it. If you drop it, you are probably screwed. But common sense tells you that this is not that type of protection. This is a shell that fuses nicely with the device, and protects from nicks and scratches, without adding any unnecessary bulk. The tilt option is a nice little feature that aids in typing when flat on a desk or table. I also like the matte finish, color options, and see-through quality of the plastic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Chromebook iPearl mCover, October 12, 2013
We are pleased with our cover. Our expectations were met.
The cover has provided the protection and appearance we were looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, October 8, 2013
The cover helps me not scratch my Chromebook, Thank you. I love that it came in my favorite color.Again Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 2, 2013
Its exactly what i expected of the product. keeps my chromebook looking nice and new. Super easy to put on and take off so I dont have to worry about ruining my CB

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fit, January 7, 2014
This is my third iPearl mCover. This red model as well as the green model fit as they should. I found,as others have,that the blue one hangs up and puts stress on various points of the case. These are not meant to be ironclad protection,but they offer some from scratches and other light damage. Works as designed,fits as it should.

1.0 out of 5 stars Highly Disappointed, September 6, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My Wife loves it., June 25, 2014
It fits well and doesn't cover up anything you'll need to access. It even has little tilt-down feet to angle your keyboard (much like keyboards for desktops do). My wife loves the red color. No more dull gray chromebook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cover for Samsung Chromebook, June 1, 2014
The cover is a perfect fit and I am very pleased to have made this purchase. The red color adds to the basic chrome
color to distinguish it from others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 20, 2014
Love it! It's not bulky and the retractable feet are truely helpful. I did not really realize that it was a bit transparent but that's my fault for not looking at the picture carefully. I've only had it for two days and I'm loving how personalized the color makes my chromebook seem.