|Released in 1993, Samurai Shodown remade the fighting genre by introducing weapons-based combat. With it victory was made possible with a single stroke and the popularity of the genre soared.|
|Released in 1994, Samurai Shodown II featured special moves like weapon-breaking and an increased total of 15 playable characters, as the cocky Haohmaru gladly pursues forces that seeks to destroy him.|
|Released in 1995, Samurai Shodown III featured a fighting system overhaul that made it possible for players to choose from two sword types, as well as three levels of ability when entering into a duel.|
|Released in 1996, Samurai Shodown IV introduced multiple combo elements, such as slashes, sneak attacks and suicides to the fighting system as well as time limits making for more possibilities and ratcheted action.|
|Released in 2003, Samurai Shodown V increased the number of playable characters to 24, including four that are entirely new and introduced new features like "Sword Gauge" and "Concentration One."|
|Released in 2005, Samurai Shodown VI features 2D and 3D backgrounds, a large cast of playable characters from the entire series and the "spirit select" system, which allows access to fighting styles from the entire series.|
Key Game Features:
- Features six incredible Samurai Shodown games (releases 1-6) in one.
- Samurai Shodown 6 available for the first time in North America in this compilation.
- Extensive gallery of unlockable bonus materials; concept art, soundtracks and more.
- Arcade perfect port of each title.
- Pick-up-and-play, nonstop action.
- Single player and 1-2 local multiplayer support.