Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on August 20, 2010
If you have severe thinning wispy hair use this (ie: scalp is showing in multiple places, you have scattered "runways").

After you shower & towel dry your hair, use some spray on detangler ie: No More Tangles (so as to not pull your fine wispy hair out combing it wet when arranging it). Then, get a dime to quarter size of Fat Hair Creme, smear it in your palms, gently work it in your hair, lifting your hair up against gravity for lift & bouyancy, & leave it in (this is important!). Let your hair dry, then gently style.

May take a little longer to dry, but the feeling & look of fullness & thickness is worth it if you have thin hair.

PS: I also recommend using Xfusion hair fibers to fill in any left over scalp gaps ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't have that bad of thinning use this:

Toppik Hair Fattener 4 oz (Health and Beauty)
This would only work if you have minimal hair thinning problems. (like no scalp shows to begin with). No better than "Cowboy magic" hair shiner though (thin consistency reflects how its going to work for only minimal problems).
on January 18, 2010
I have very fine, wispy hair, but I have a lot of it. I have tried tons of products to get more volume, and very few have succeeded. I tried the Fat Hair creme after seeing the demos on HSN, and it definitely caught my attention. I bought mine and tried it on dry hair right away. If you have very straight hair, it's hard to get the the volumized effect. After curling my hair and trying it again, I liked the effect. It's very helpful for getting that 'bed head' touseled. I did try it on damp hair before blow drying, and HATED how it came out! Much too heavy to be effective. Use sparingly and dry hair and it's great!
on June 6, 2009
Mrs. "James" here. I have baby fine hair and struggle to get any oomph in my hair. Perms are drying and damaging and many products are heavy and weigh my hair down. I apply this product before putting in my velcro rollers and it gives me the perfect volumizing hold without being hard sticky or weighing my hair down! I have been complimented by co-workers and my stylist in the shine and condition of my hair. The product container however is difficult to use as it makes it difficult to get the product out of the tube. The tube also leaves a great deal of product in the tube that cannot be gotten out. That said its the first product of MANY that I have found that works for my hair.
on June 16, 2012
I have been using it for about 2 or 3 years now, I can't style my hair without it. It certainly gives volume and shape to my poor fine hair! I first use Garnier's slick and shine and leave it there for a couple of minutes to remove frizz, then use Samy on damp hair. Don't use it on dry hair cos this is when u will get the bad effects that other reviewers are talking about. It is a great product, but u need to use it right...!
Till I have enough money for a hair transplant, this one here is a good alternative!
on July 3, 2008
But use it very sparingly, otherwise it feels like you have a buildup on your hair.
on September 9, 2009
I wasn't really impressed with this product. It's really thick and sticky. If you use too much it will just weigh your hair down and make it look dirty. I've bought cheaper products at drugstores and had them work better.
on June 8, 2012
Samy Fat Hair "0" Calories Thickening Creme, 3.5 Oz., 100ml

I really like this product, but it can be a bit tricky to use. If you use too much it is a disaster - makes your hair very sticky and rough. It's really a matter of starting with a tiny amount and increasing it until you find what's right for your hair. I only use about as much as a small pea, which I rub between my hands and then apply through my hair. I let that sit for a few minutes, then add some styling mousse and blow dry my hair. Using some sort of heat to style your hair when you use it seems to make a big difference, without it the hair seems to dry with a very strange texture.
on February 22, 2012
I am a black woman with relaxed hair and decided to try this out. I purchased it from Walgreens. At first I tried it on dry hair and it was ok. My hair is already pretty thick but I just wanted a little extra volume and hair mousse was starting to dry and damage my hair. Using this product on dry hair makes it a little too stiff and limp after using too much. So I shampooed and conditioned my hair and used it on toweled dry hair, then blow dryed it and then flat ironed it. And it turned out pretty bouncy and fuller. I would usually use shine mousse on my hair before blow drying and it makes my hair bouncy and full also but as I mentioned earlier that started to damage my hair and made it dry And shed. But with this, my hair turns out with the same fullness and bouciness just without the dryness and breakage. So overall, not bad! I'll continue to use it. Just not on dry hair like the bottle says!
on March 28, 2008
A highly effective product that helps thicken fine hair. Best used after using Samy's FAT Hair Shampoo and Samy's FAT Hair Conditioner first. Lather the shampoo in well - leave it on for a full minute; then rinse well, and massage in Samy's FAT Hair Conditioner - leaving it on hair for up to 2 minutes, then rinse. Then finish with this Samy's FAT Hair finishing product.

FYI: Compare to Top Rated "Bumble and bumble" thickening shampoo and thickening conditioner. Samy's FAT hair looks and feels similar to "Bumble and bumble" - and, I have found it leaves my hair a bit more thicker and fuller; plus, to a small degree better feel and resilience. Samy's FAT Hair shampoo and conditioner costs less than "Bumble and bumble" shampoo and conditioner. While I would rate "Bumble and bumble" thickening shampoo & conditioner 5 stars, on my fine hair Samy's FAT Hair thickening shampoo & conditioner & this finishing product has the "leading edge."

Since each person's hair is different, of course, you need to try both and be the judge of what works best for you.
on August 14, 2015
I love this product. I have fine and now, thinning hair. I was having difficulty hiding my scalp. Fat Hair creme makes my hair look so much thicker with little or no scalp show through. Seems like when I find a product I really like, it's discontinued. Hope that doesn't happen with Fat Hair, don't know what I'd do without it. A side note; a friend tried this and it didn't work on her hair. So, it is an individual thing, but at least give it a try, hopefully it will work for you.