1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Why Pay More?, April 17, 2012
This review is from: SELLE SAN MARCO San Marco Ponza Trilon Bicycle Saddle BLACK
This is my own opinion, and because saddles are so specific to each individual take this as merely my viewpoint.

I am new to the Aero Position, and had tried to use a regular road saddle for the first couple of rides. That was making riding painful. When this saddle arrived I was still skeptical, but after I found the sweet spot on my body for the nose of this saddle, I could focus on cadence, heart rate, and how my bike was tracking. When I did get out of the saddle to pump up a hill, or get back up to speed from a stop light, it was difficult to find that sweet spot again. This might only be a problem that I have, and will have regardless of the saddle, but I kinda doubt it.

Overall I was farely impressed. The aero position, of which this saddle is now a part, increased my average by 2 mph over the same 23 mile course, so I am of course excited about that.

I would reccomend this saddle to anyone that is a beginner to the Aero position. My idea is to learn what I like without it having to cost a whole lot of money or accumulating a bunch of expensive saddles that I don't use.

Pros:
Length (some tri saddles are too long)
Length of Rails (very adjustable to create a good stroke angle)
Color
Price*****

Cons:
Weight (Who really cares about this unless you have 3% body fat)
Sweet Spot Size