Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SanDisk 32GB Extreme Pro CF memory card - UDMA 90MB/s 600x (SDCFXP-032G-A91, US Retail Package)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 20, 2010
After purchasing my Canon EOS 1DmkIV (10 frames/second) I found the camera would stall in a few seconds using my old cards. Shooting a bird in flight would be suddenly interrupted at the most inconvenient times when the buffer filled, which was quite soon. With this card I can shoot unlimited RAW files at 10 fps without slowing at all. Shotting RAW+JPEG still slows things down after the buffer fills, but never stalls completely. If you need to shoot continuous action with a camera that produces large files, it wil not get any better than this until the next generation card comes along.
on February 28, 2010
Previously on Amazon, I have favorably reviewed CF cards at successively higher standards of capacity and write performance. This is my current champion. It is expensive but enables me to keep a 5D Mk2 pumping out RAWs without the camera stalling while waiting for the buffer to clear. Slower cards (133x, 300x) will stop the camera, but I've never been halted when using one of these 600x cards. A smaller version (e.g. 16GB) would have the same virtue at a lower price, but with RAWs on the order of 25MB apiece, one has to have speed and capacity in the same card. (I did previously buy one of the 16GB versions of this card as a "low-cost experiment," and it's fine for shorter jobs.)

I give four stars instead of five because of a fluky issue with sometimes (only sometimes) having the card not recognized at first when connected to a computer for download. This has happened with two of these cards using two different Firewire readers on three different machines running two different operating systems, and it hasn't happened with the 16GB version or with any other cards, so I think it's a card thing, not a "me" thing. It always works after a few disconnect-reconnect tries, but it does make a fellow nervous. A bit of a mystery, but not one to make me use slower, smaller cards.
VINE VOICEon May 22, 2012
Do note that SanDisk periodically updates their cards while retaining the original name. I ordered my Extreme Pro 32GB on May 12, 2012 from another site (very reputable, authorized reseller, but will remain unnamed here).

My card is marked as UDMA 7 (see photo), which is a nice surprise, as on SanDisk's website, only the 128GB cards are marked as supporting UDMA 7. I'm not sure if it makes much difference, however, as the card is also marked as having a maximum speed of 90 MB/s. In the X speed rating that other manufacturers use, this is a 600x speed card. There are cards by other manufacturers that claim 1000x speed (150 MB/s) but I have not had the opportunity to test them. Interestingly, the box states "UDMA 6".

(UDMA 6 has a maximum transfer rate of 133 MB/s. UDMA 7 has a maximum transfer rate of 166 MB/s. And if anyone is curious, 1x is the speed a CD-ROM reads at audio CD data rate - 150 kB/s.)

There's also an interesting mark on the lower left corner of my card. It's an icon of a movie clapboard, with the number "20" in it. The box explained this to mean a guaranteed sustained 20 MB/s write speed when recording video.

Other than the card in a clamshell protective case, the only other item included is a slip of paper with the serial for a 1 year license of RescuePRO Deluxe. Like SanDisk's other premium lines (Ultra, Extreme and Extreme Pro), this card comes with a limited lifetime warranty - limited because the data is not covered, only the physical media.

I tested the read and write speed on my desktop computer (i7 920, 12GB RAM, PCIe USB 3.0 card with NEC chipset) with a Transcend USB 3.0 Super Speed Multi-Card Reader for SD/SDHC/SDXC/MS/CF Cards (TS-RDF8).

The card came preformatted in FAT32, and empty. There were no errors, as expected. h2testw fills up the entire cards with pseudo-random data, then reads them back to verify they care correct. In the process, it will report sustained read and write speeds.

The card managed 63.2 MB/s write and 84.3 MB/s read speed on my system. Not quite 90 MB/s, but a respectable part of it. Perhaps a different card reader might improve performance, but I'm happy with it. At this speed, it takes about 6 minutes to download a full card onto my computer.

When using a USB 2.0 card reader, I only get 23 MB/s read speed, so you'll definitely want a fast card reader if you're spending the extra money getting this card.

Testing on my 5D III (which supports UDMA 7) there's no problem, as expected. I'll do a comprehensive test on burst speed later.
review image
on July 7, 2011
I've been using this card for well over a year now, shooting JPEGs, Raw files, and HD video, and am satisfied with this card.

It is fast, allowing unlimited HD video recording time (well, up to the camera's limit), and continuous Raw w/ JPEG (I use small JPEGs). I used the camera to shoot video for full work days (9 hours), depleting 2+ batteries, and the card worked without any problems, and getting ~75% full. It might be wise to use smaller cards, and change them everytime the battery runs out, in which case one might want to use smaller 8GB or 16GB cards.

Download speed is also fast, though even if the card reader and disk allow downloading at 90MB/s, downloading 32GB would take at least 6 minutes.

This card is expensive, but that's the price of big, fast, and reliable. I'm happy with it.
on July 19, 2012
This card is very fast on my Canon 5D Mark III. I can shoot at least 20 high speed frames of raw files to fill the buffer and then continue about 2 to 3 fps after that indefinitely. I would estimate that means that I'm shuttling real world 50-75 MB/s or so. At this point you could pay approximately $70.00 more and get the 1000x Lexar which will be a little faster but the limiting factor for me is that I use a SD card for backup and that is much slower than this CF card so I figured I'd save the $70.00.

Also, please note that packaging had this card listed as a UDMA 6 but the card inside is UDMA 7, so I was happy to see that. I've included photos to show this.
review image
on April 22, 2010
I have used two 32Gb SanDisk Extreme Pros in my Nikon D3X for a couple of weeks now. I thought they were adequately fast enough to catch action at a sporting event and was pleased with my purchase at a little over $320 each.

Then a friend of mine showed me his D3X with new Lexar Pro 600 cards and suddenly I was upset for not waiting for the Lexar. He paid about $24 each more for his two cards and they are infinitely faster when writing from the camera to the cards than my SanDisk cards that are supposedly the same speed. He tells me that the difference lies in the chip circuitry in the Lexar cards. Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Next time I'll wait...I'm a little disappointed in my purchase decision.
55 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2011
I bought this Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB CF card to replace a recently-purchased and supposedly equally-fast 32GB Duracell card. With the "bargain" Duracell card, my Sony A350 would slow nearly to a standstill when shooting continuous exposures in RAW format. The camera is capable of 2.5-3 fps if the card will write fast enough to memory, and the Sandisk Extreme Pro card does indeed allow it to do so. The Duracell does not, period...not even close. In addition, while iPhoto recognizes and accesses the Sandisk card while it is still in the camera (just like the original 8GB Sony card), it does NOT recognize the Duracell card...which required the additional purchase of a $40 card reader in order to retrieve my precious vacation pictures. This made the Duracell card even less of a "bargain". Expensive lesson re-learned: you can't save money by trying to save money, or, you get what you pay for!
on November 25, 2011
I always feel you get what you pay for. I would rather spend a little more to get a great product that exceeds my needs. This CF Card might be a little "overkill" but you can't argue with having too much speed or too much storage. This 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro gives me all that I need on my Canon 7D. No problems with how it works in my camera.
on June 2, 2010
I mostly use a Canon 1Ds Mk3, and shoot fashion - studio & catwalk.

16Gb = about 250 images in RAW+JPEG

normally keeping a Transcend 16Gb class six SDHC card in the SD slot and a CF of about 8GB (Extreme 4)
means I get through a couple of SD cards a shoot. They are easy to plug into my Toshiba laptop SC slot
for transfer.

For catwalk shoots with 500-800 shots I would shoot JPEG only. Using RAW the camera slows after 4-5 frames
in high speed shooting mode and also need to change the SD card during a shoot.

The 32Gb Extreme Pro changed things.
(1) I can shoot to one card, and although I now need a CF to ExpressCard adapter for upload, the CF does
not need changing
(2) I can do catwalks in RAW - 2 secs at 5/sec is no problem with the speed of teh Extreme Pro.

I'm also expecting to use this card (and a few more that I will buy - possibly the 64Gb) in my 1Ds Mk4
when I upgrade later this year (it has even higher wrire speed demands but has UDMA 6)

Great product - just hoping the price decline continues so the 64Gb becomes more affordable.
44 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2015
I have never had any desire to move away from the SanDisk brand of memory cards. These cards move fast and effectively. It's very helpful if you are a raw shooter and need something that can write quickly and keep that great quality. I run this card through a Nikon D800 so my files may at times be close to 50MB per photo. If you shoot RAW and are doing a wedding, I suggest grabbing 3 of these cards and one 128GB SD card as backup. UPDATE: I have recently upgraded to a 128 GB CF with a 128GB SD from Sandisk as backup. Camera works great and shows little lag.

PROS:
Reliable
Never lost a file
Fast write speeds

Cons:
Expensive
Cards fill fast