5.0 out of 5 stars NOT COUNTERFEIT
SD-card counterfeiting is truly rampant online (e.g. eBay). A 2GB card is modified to look like a 16GB card (both the packaging and the actual interface circuit, so it even tricks your computer). The card works fine until you use more than 2GB; then data corruption occurs.

Published on August 6, 2010 by karups

3.0 out of 5 stars Spacious and quick, but not fast
So far I haven't had any major issues with the card other than some write errors using an internal card reader on a laptop (I believe it was the laptop's fault).

Published on April 22, 2009 by Jonathon Suggs

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT COUNTERFEIT, August 6, 2010
This review is from: SanDisk 16 GB Class 4 microSDHC Flash Memory Card (Personal Computers)

This 16GB card is a good 40% cheaper than anywhere else I've seen, so I was initially very suspicious. Amazon is certainly reputable; however, in this case the seller is some third party (BoBoTECHNIC), and Amazon is shipping it on their behalf.

"H2testw" is a standard program used to verify SD card legitimacy. It writes a bunch of data to the card and then makes sure that it reads back exactly what it wrote. I am happy to report that the card passes the test.

Incidentally, the card holds 14.8GB (differs from 16GB due to marketing tricks that SD card makers play). H2testw averaged about 3.4MByte/s on both reads and writes. It takes about an hour to transfer 15GB to the card.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow writes but worth it., October 23, 2008
The chip I got had a very slow write speed (<500kbps) And syncronizing 10 gigs of music files took many hours. However the read speed is fast enough for the music player and I've had no trouble with video files so the read speed is fine.

The long sync was so worth it. Having my entire music collection at my fingertips anywhere I go definitely made this a must-have upgrade for my phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Spacious and quick, but not fast, April 22, 2009

Moving from 1GB to 16GB of storage has really allowed to me put a lot more data (pics and music) on my phone (n95). It is definitely quick enough for playing music and snapping pictures, even 5MP ones. However, when I went to sync my 8GB of music it definitely took a while.

Bottom line is that it is a great value for the money, just don't expect blazing transfer speeds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ordered Class 2 and got Class 4--good cards., May 11, 2011
I bought 2 of these cards from eTECH, but received Class 4 cards instead of Class 2. I can't fault the seller for thinking it was nothing but an upgrade, as the Class rating doesn't consider small-block random writes (which were relatively good for both cards), but this spec may possibly be important if you're running your OS from the actual card (Nook Color CM7 from SD, etc). Benchmarks are below for each card, and were taken on an internal card reader that's connected via USB to my mobo, prior to having written any data to the card. Neither of the cards quite hit the Class-4 promise of 4 MB/s sequential write speed--luckily that's not important for my usage, besides which, the item is listed as Class 2, and the cards do exceed Class 2 specs.

CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 0.958 MB/s [ 233.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.639 MB/s [ 155.9 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 1.191 MB/s [ 290.8 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.660 MB/s [ 405.2 IOPS]

Test : 50 MB [J: 0.0% (0.0/14.8 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2011/05/06 0:35:15
OS : Windows XP Professional SP3 [5.1 Build 2600] (x86)

CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 1.014 MB/s [ 247.6 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 1.646 MB/s [ 401.9 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 0.927 MB/s [ 226.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.500 MB/s [ 366.2 IOPS]

Test : 50 MB [J: 0.0% (0.0/14.8 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2011/05/06 0:44:50
OS : Windows XP Professional SP3 [5.1 Build 2600] (x86)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Blackberry curve., December 20, 2008
Its 16GB, and it is a great price for just being released.

For the BB you do have to update the device software to at least 4.5. It will not work if your BB does not have 4.5. When installed in a BB with older software the BB only sees about 6gb, and it causes the BB to act strange.

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk 16GB conpatablable with Google G1, May 3, 2009
This product is great, not only did it come with an SD card Converter, but the card is compatible with the Google G1 phone. Which is the main purpose of me buying it, not only does it allow the convenience of having more space, I can store tons of files on the card and just pop it into the phone. The 16GB sandisk has the highest rating, best review and holds the highest capacity. If taking interest in purchasing one, rest assured that your money is not going to waste. The Micro SD is becoming one of the most commonly used memory card for phones, pda, GPS, etc. it's becoming the most used memory card for portable devices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, December 15, 2010
Got this for my htc droid incredible, its just like the picture, 16GB scan disk with the number "2" on the top right, been working great so far, (its been a month). no problems so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Surprise, Works as Advertised, January 9, 2010
I am using this chip in my Samsung Omnia smart phone and it works perfectly. Vendor delivered product as advertised and I would recomend this vendor to anyone considering this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Micro SD 16 GB SanDisk - Good product and good price, June 10, 2009
I don't have any complaints of the product, worked perfectly nice in my Blackberry Bold.

3.0 out of 5 stars Windows Phone - Samsung Focus, January 4, 2011
Christopher Leonard (Burke, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I had been reading about the issues the Windows phones were having with the MicroSD cards, but I still decided to purchase this card knowing the risks, but also knowing that the Class 2 cards may actually work. The install went well, easy to format, and once formatted, it functioned great. After finally installing my apps again and loading all of my files, I still didn't have any problems.

The problems occurred when the phone was left idle. Not long after putting my phone down, I noticed that it was rebooting. This would happen again and again, and after a few times, the phone reset back to its initial format. The icons were there, but my contacts, music, videos, etc. were all gone. I simply restarted the phone, and everything was back. But then the process repeated. I noticed that as long as you used the phone, everything worked properly. The problems always occurred when idle, even if it was just for a minute.

I finally decided to power down, eject the microsd card, and reformat the internal memory, and now everything is back to normal. Unfortunately even though the card itself is very good, the Samsung Focus does not function properly, so my recommendation if you have a Focus is to continue looking for something that is Windows certified.

SanDisk 16 GB Class 4 microSDHC Flash Memory Card