Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 6, 2010
SD-card counterfeiting is truly rampant online (e.g. eBay). A 2GB card is modified to look like a 16GB card (both the packaging and the actual interface circuit, so it even tricks your computer). The card works fine until you use more than 2GB; then data corruption occurs.

This 16GB card is a good 40% cheaper than anywhere else I've seen, so I was initially very suspicious. Amazon is certainly reputable; however, in this case the seller is some third party (BoBoTECHNIC), and Amazon is shipping it on their behalf.

"H2testw" is a standard program used to verify SD card legitimacy. It writes a bunch of data to the card and then makes sure that it reads back exactly what it wrote. I am happy to report that the card passes the test.

Incidentally, the card holds 14.8GB (differs from 16GB due to marketing tricks that SD card makers play). H2testw averaged about 3.4MByte/s on both reads and writes. It takes about an hour to transfer 15GB to the card.
66 comments|196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2011
I bought 2 of these cards from eTECH, but received Class 4 cards instead of Class 2. I can't fault the seller for thinking it was nothing but an upgrade, as the Class rating doesn't consider small-block random writes (which were relatively good for both cards), but this spec may possibly be important if you're running your OS from the actual card (Nook Color CM7 from SD, etc). Benchmarks are below for each card, and were taken on an internal card reader that's connected via USB to my mobo, prior to having written any data to the card. Neither of the cards quite hit the Class-4 promise of 4 MB/s sequential write speed--luckily that's not important for my usage, besides which, the item is listed as Class 2, and the cards do exceed Class 2 specs.

CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 0.958 MB/s [ 233.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.639 MB/s [ 155.9 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 1.191 MB/s [ 290.8 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.660 MB/s [ 405.2 IOPS]

Test : 50 MB [J: 0.0% (0.0/14.8 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2011/05/06 0:35:15
OS : Windows XP Professional SP3 [5.1 Build 2600] (x86)

CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 1.014 MB/s [ 247.6 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 1.646 MB/s [ 401.9 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 0.927 MB/s [ 226.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.500 MB/s [ 366.2 IOPS]

Test : 50 MB [J: 0.0% (0.0/14.8 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2011/05/06 0:44:50
OS : Windows XP Professional SP3 [5.1 Build 2600] (x86)
on October 23, 2008
The chip I got had a very slow write speed (<500kbps) And syncronizing 10 gigs of music files took many hours. However the read speed is fast enough for the music player and I've had no trouble with video files so the read speed is fine.

The long sync was so worth it. Having my entire music collection at my fingertips anywhere I go definitely made this a must-have upgrade for my phone.
55 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2009
So far I haven't had any major issues with the card other than some write errors using an internal card reader on a laptop (I believe it was the laptop's fault).

Moving from 1GB to 16GB of storage has really allowed to me put a lot more data (pics and music) on my phone (n95). It is definitely quick enough for playing music and snapping pictures, even 5MP ones. However, when I went to sync my 8GB of music it definitely took a while.

Bottom line is that it is a great value for the money, just don't expect blazing transfer speeds.
44 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2009
This product is great, not only did it come with an SD card Converter, but the card is compatible with the Google G1 phone. Which is the main purpose of me buying it, not only does it allow the convenience of having more space, I can store tons of files on the card and just pop it into the phone. The 16GB sandisk has the highest rating, best review and holds the highest capacity. If taking interest in purchasing one, rest assured that your money is not going to waste. The Micro SD is becoming one of the most commonly used memory card for phones, pda, GPS, etc. it's becoming the most used memory card for portable devices.
on December 20, 2008
Its 16GB, and it is a great price for just being released.

For the BB you do have to update the device software to at least 4.5. It will not work if your BB does not have 4.5. When installed in a BB with older software the BB only sees about 6gb, and it causes the BB to act strange.
on December 15, 2010
Got this for my htc droid incredible, its just like the picture, 16GB scan disk with the number "2" on the top right, been working great so far, (its been a month). no problems so far.
on March 19, 2013
There's a lot of talk about fake SD cards right now and I DEFINITELY needed a true SanDisk 16gb, so I spent a stupid amount of time trying to decide which seller to go through. The majority of reviewers seem to be getting good cards, but every time someone says "I got a fake", I cringe. Obviously the quality and legitimacy of a product is the seller's responsibility, but people RARELY mention which seller they used for these "wonderful" or "horrible" transactions. That sure would be helpful tho, wouldn't it?

So, while of course I cant guarantee that every transaction is going to be exactly the same (there are ALWAYS exceptions - you cant make everyone happy all the time), nor can I guarantee the availability of this item, I can tell you that I personally purchased a 16gb SanDisk micro SDHC card from the seller "Everything But Stromboli". I those them because they had a good feedback rating, and they did not disappoint. I received my card in 3 days, in original packaging, and its the real deal.

(For anyone who doesn't know, SD cards NEVER have the exact GB they say. There is always inaccessible space reserved - they need this to work. It would be nice if they would just call it like it is, but whatever. Regardless of brands, 16gb actually equals 14.8gb of useable space. They're all like this - people who think they've been ripped off because of that missing space, are mistaken)
on June 14, 2011
Received a Samsung card instead of SanDisk. There was an initial write error but after reformatting it seems to be ok. But I don't appreciate bait and switch.SanDisk 16 GB Class 2 microSDHC Flash Memory Card Bought from HollyCellular.
on January 24, 2013
I purchased this microSD card well over a year ago for my cell phone. I have not had any problems with it- even with all the apps, photos, videos, music, and everything else stored on my phone or transferred to my computer.