5.0 out of 5 stars It is like Star Trek to me!
I am 70 years old and personal computers weren't even invented til I was in my 30s. So it is all still like magic to me. However, these little flash drives are unbelievable. I have four in a little tin box that once carried breath mints--and they carry over 500 GB of movies. Even Spock wouldn't have belieived it.
Published 13 months ago by Lao Tan

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge Capacity - a bit slow...
Published 20 months ago by Deniz Sevki Kayabay

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge Capacity - a bit slow..., October 29, 2012
I've got several USB flash drives, both from Corsair & Sandisk with considerably large capacities. I've bought the Sandisk Cruiser 128Gb for the back-up of essential files. Though the drive has a large capacity, the speed of the drive is not satisfactory, as 6 to 7 Mb/seconds write mode and 22.5 Mb/seconds read mode. The fastest flash drive I've ever used was a Corsair Flash Voyager Mini 32Gb, which exceeds 20 Mb/second write & 35Mb/seconds read capacities. So if you're looking for a huge flash drive but no performance Sandisk Cruiser 128Gb might be the only choice. But if you need some performance & a speedy drive I'll propose Corsair Flash Voyager Mini 32Gb. ( The first test result of the Sandisk Cruiser: 12Gb ( 12,500 files ) transfer from a high end computer will last about an hour ! )

1.0 out of 5 stars Large capacity, but slower than a turtle!, August 13, 2012
I have used a lot of flash drives, dating back to 4/8mb drives. I've received a lot of promotional drives free from various conventions, but I've yet to see a flash drive made out of material as cheap as the Glide drives are.

The transfer speed is just plain simple horrible. I transferred 500mb of data, various sized files and I got an average of 4.1MBps transfer speed. So to fill the drive, it'll take 4+ hours. In this day an age, having a write speed of 4MBps is just not acceptable. No matter how low the price point of a drive this size is, a low write speed is not acceptable. I got this fairly cheap for the storage size and I don't expect the memory chip on-board to last long. Sadly I no longer have the packaging to return it to the store.

I've owned plenty of SanDisk products (SD Card, CF Card, USB Drives) over the years, and I've seen the decline in quality over the years. Wonder where it goes from here!

5.0 out of 5 stars It is like Star Trek to me!, May 16, 2013
Lao Tan (Pensacola, FL United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Big, Good Looking Drive, but not fast, June 12, 2012
I recently purchased this through an Amazon Daily Deal, needing some additional storage space for music to interface with my car stereo. When I plug this into my computer to transfer music to, I average around 5.5 mb/s, which I am satisfied with. I paid 39.99 and at 62 cents a gig, was a very good deal. I always delete all of the software off of a flash drive before I use it, so I cannot comment on the quality of the software.

All in all I'm satisfied with the performance of the drive and would say the cheap price is the main selling point.

1.0 out of 5 stars Died almost immediately, May 29, 2013
I loaded approximately 30 gb of files on to the drive with no problem. The next day when attempting to add more files, I could not. I received an error message that recommended the flash drive be re-formatted. I tried to do that but the drive was defective. I tried to erase my files but again, could not because the drive is defective. Bottom line I wasted $70 on this because it died within 24 hours.

1.0 out of 5 stars Became read-only after a week. Does not work anymore, December 5, 2012
Many other users seem to have had the same problem. Complete waste of money. The consolation is that I bought it for 5 dollars on Black Friday.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed., August 6, 2012
I received the product today, and set about downloading the necessary software so that I can use the encryption feature with Macintosh computers. I'm not a novice with thumbdrives, and use them all the time. Couldn't install the software. Lo and behold, the thumb drive arrived locked in the "Read Only" setting, and there is no way for me to correct this. On a lark, I ran my utility programs to check the drive for problems and set the stage for a reformat, and am informed that there are fatal errors in the thumb drive. Perhaps it happens very rarely, but this one is a dud and I'm not sure I'll trust SanDisk in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I hoped for!, March 24, 2013
This device has allowed me to consolidate several other flash drives plus allows lots of room for backing up data in large quantities. The speed is very good. I provide IT support, so I've connected it to many computers of various types and have never had a problem with it connecting successfully. It seems solidly built and the retractable plug feature (no cap needed!) makes it even easier to work with. The plug extends far enough out of the device to reach fully into every USB port I tried it in. I cannot comment on the software that came with it as I deleted it right away. A lanyard of some sort would have been a plus, but lack of it is certainly not a deal breaker. There is a solid attachment point to connect your own thread-type lanyard if you'd like.
I would definitely recommend this to others!

1.0 out of 5 stars Slowest hardware I've ever owned., February 11, 2013
This is quite possibly the single slowest piece of data storage technology I've owned since back in the days of floppy disks. Those actually might have been faster. There's pretty much no guarantee that this drive will operate at ANY reasonable speed, since I've tried it on several computers and it won't connect to my gaming desktop which boasts the fastest data rates and newest tech of any of my computers, my Dell desktop works with it, but the data rates are never higher than 4MB/second, and the same thing with my HP Pavilion DM1Z. And don't ever think about re-formatting these drives. It was a miracle that I managed to get it to an exFAT partition in the first place, even more so that after around 10 tries, it finally showed up on a Mac. Don't waste your money. Just buy a Transcend JetFlash 700 of whatever size you need. It's around the same price, but it's ABSOLUTELY the better drive than this piece of s***.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought this on Black Friday, December 21, 2012
Jeremy (Spokane, WA) - See all my reviews
I did the math on my speed transfers, and it would take just over 10 hours to fill this 64GB flash drive. It was originally formatted as exFat. The transfer was TERRIBLE. I reformatted it to NTFS, and the speed picked up a bit, but files would hang-up on the last few seconds, took about 30 minutes to transfer 3GBs. I've been using flash drives since 2004, and this is the worst drive I've ever encountered, and the first Sandisk flash drive I've used. I am inclined to not recommend this brand in the future. I would have liked to have the speed transfers printed on the packaging before I purchased this item, but other brands don't need to do that, because some other brands I've used have reasonable transfer speeds. This is equivalent to travelling across the United States in a car that only goes 5 mph.

Rate and Discover Movies