Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SanDisk 16GB 2.0 Flash Cruzer Glide USB Drive (DCZ60-016G-B35)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Capacity: 16 GB|Change

Capacity: 32 GB|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I hate the software that comes with these things - it's inconvenient, slow, and bogs down my computer while I'm using it, so as soon as I got this drive, I deleted the software right away. Just selected it and hit delete, no problem.

Once the software was out of the way, I dragged a folder with 8.53 gigabytes of items onto it to see how long it would take in comparison to my other 32 gigabyte Sandisk Cruzer SanDisk Cruzer 32 GB USB Flash Drive (SDCZ36-032G-AFFP) which I purchased in May.

To transfer 8.53 g, this Sandisk took 38:26 mins.

My other Sandisk (linked above) took a little over an hour.

Given the complaints others have about the included software, I'd advise that if you want to use the software, you go with the older version that I linked to. If you prefer to drag and drop items onto the drive like I do, this newer one is faster than the old model.
1111 comments|217 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2013
I am 70 years old and personal computers weren't even invented til I was in my 30s. So it is all still like magic to me. However, these little flash drives are unbelievable. I have four in a little tin box that once carried breath mints--and they carry over 500 GB of movies. Even Spock wouldn't have belieived it.
55 comments|148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2012
I've got several USB flash drives, both from Corsair & Sandisk with considerably large capacities. I've bought the Sandisk Cruiser 128Gb for the back-up of essential files. Though the drive has a large capacity, the speed of the drive is not satisfactory, as 6 to 7 Mb/seconds write mode and 22.5 Mb/seconds read mode. The fastest flash drive I've ever used was a Corsair Flash Voyager Mini 32Gb, which exceeds 20 Mb/second write & 35Mb/seconds read capacities. So if you're looking for a huge flash drive but no performance Sandisk Cruiser 128Gb might be the only choice. But if you need some performance & a speedy drive I'll propose Corsair Flash Voyager Mini 32Gb. ( The first test result of the Sandisk Cruiser: 12Gb ( 12,500 files ) transfer from a high end computer will last about an hour ! )
88 comments|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2013
This device has allowed me to consolidate several other flash drives plus allows lots of room for backing up data in large quantities. The speed is very good. I provide IT support, so I've connected it to many computers of various types and have never had a problem with it connecting successfully. It seems solidly built and the retractable plug feature (no cap needed!) makes it even easier to work with. The plug extends far enough out of the device to reach fully into every USB port I tried it in. I cannot comment on the software that came with it as I deleted it right away. A lanyard of some sort would have been a plus, but lack of it is certainly not a deal breaker. There is a solid attachment point to connect your own thread-type lanyard if you'd like.
I would definitely recommend this to others!
on May 29, 2013
I loaded approximately 30 gb of files on to the drive with no problem. The next day when attempting to add more files, I could not. I received an error message that recommended the flash drive be re-formatted. I tried to do that but the drive was defective. I tried to erase my files but again, could not because the drive is defective. Bottom line I wasted $70 on this because it died within 24 hours.
on September 12, 2012
Capacity: 32 GB|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Performance:
------------
Writing speed is a slow 4 MB/sec. Reading is a respectable (adequate) 20 MB/sec. This was tested transferring a 4 GB file -- the drive comes formatted as FAT32 and this is its maximum file size. For reference, reading a similar file from a USB 2.0 external hard drive tends to be about 30 MB/sec.

This product can be a good value for a number of the common uses of flash drives. For example, it may be a mirror for large portions of your laptop for those occasions where you didn't anticipate needing the laptop and the cloud isn't a practical alternative. In such cases, although the contents of the flash drive can be large, the amount of change at any one time tends to be small, so the slow write speed is not a real inconvenience.
Caveat on "value": what is a good value one day (or hour) may not be such the next.

Construction:
-------------
The plastic case _feels_ flimsy because it flexes easily, but it does _not_ display some of the other characteristics of materials that would break easily. This concern about how rugged it actually is will limit when and how I carry it.

Operation of the retractable connector: Good. It locked into the extended position reliably, and the unlock tab is big and easy to operate. However, if you are inserting this into a tight space, it doesn't take much of a bump on that tab to unlock it. I see this only as an inconvenience to those whose only available USB ports are in out-of-the way locations.

The hole for the lanyard is unusually large: over 1/4-inch across. The crossbar is thicker than that on most of the flash drives I see: it is almost 1/16-inch thick.

Included Software: Junk
-----------------------
1. SanDisk Secure Access: I am inclined to describe this a primarily Ad-ware rather than functional software. The "vault" is incredibly primitive: It is simply a partition that holds encrypted versions of your files. To update a file, you use the primitive UI to manually take it out of the vault, edit it, and put it back into the vault. When much of the information that you would likely want to put into the vault is subject to periodic updating, this is both tedious and error-prone. At the very _minimum_ you want to have the ability to record the location of the master copy of the files as part of the meta-data in the vault and have the vault's software alert you when a pairing is out-of-sync. And the vault software should not be installed on your computer because that opens the door to multiple sources of inadvertent and malicious errors. SanDisk Secure Access delivers none of what I consider to be the basics for such software, and there are better alternatives available targeted at different needs and levels of sophistication.
ADVICE: If you decide to try this in a version of Windows that has the Restore Point feature, create one so that you can roll back to it rather than having to trust the software's own uninstall process. When software has a large Ad-ware component, I find it wise to be paranoid.

2. "Club SanDisk" included software: "GoToMyPC", "RoboForm Password Manager", "McAfee Internet Security Software" and "IE8 Sidebar for eBay". I wasn't interested in any of these and didn't try them. The sidebar was described as "a free tool" and the others are presumably the trials or "lite" editions common to such offerings.

-- Douglas B. Moran
VINE VOICEon March 27, 2013
32 GB iis a nice size, read speed is good, write speed is good. But after a couple months of use this drive is hit an miss in its ability to be recognized by windows. Across 5 computers, 90% of the time the drive sits there with its light flashing yet not being recognized by windows. Very frustrating. So, this and an 8 GB version of the same model that has the same issue have had the data removed and they have been junked. Can't risk the data on drives this sketchy. This is my first experience of this sort, and my first issue with a SanDisk product. My other SanDisk drives perform flawlessly.

Since the issue is with two of the same model drives of differing storage capacities I have to conclude it's an issue with the model, at least the run I have. For this reason I cannot recommend this drive model.
on December 5, 2012
Many other users seem to have had the same problem. Complete waste of money. The consolation is that I bought it for 5 dollars on Black Friday.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on September 2, 2013
Update: 13 October 2013 - OK folks, now it is completely useless as a backup device. It's giving me a Read-only error, can't copy anything to it. 2 different windose boxes, different OSs. Apparently I'm not the only one: [...]

I have submitted my email trouble ticket. 24-48 hour interruption now. Will never buy another SANDISK product of any sort ever again. Their own website has bad hyperlink to phone support! Their own site! Just take the option off your page if you don't support phone! Link and Chat support? M-F baby! :) Never again. You have been warned reader. Pick a different brand! I will update this for fairness if/when I hear from SANDISK support persons.

Original review (still stands!) - This pen drive is horrible! Maybe I just have a defective one, but I have had to wait hours for this thing to accept data copied to it (granted it was a large transfer, but I've done it on other/older pen drives with nothing like this thing's slowness). I'll have to buy another brand because this is nearly worthless. Want and need 128GB size, but not this one. Don't know if maybe I just got a bad one, but I'll never buy another SANDISK again!

Copying images to it from a Windows XP box. Have NEVER had these types of slow speeds with any USB 2.0 pen drive. This is about 1.0, or actually slower. It locks up Windows Explorer for minutes at a time! Crazy. If I thought I could return it to Amazon without them running me thru a meat grinder I would, but I've had it a few weeks now, I should have returned it right away.

Complete Garbage, I would NOT buy another.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Dear Kelly,

The speed of the flash drive depends upon different factors. The factors includes the USB interface through which the flash drive is connected, the type of files being transferred and the operating system. Also, this flash drive is our entry level flash drive which doesn't have a published read/write speed.

If you are interested in buying the high performance flash drives, you can go for SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 and 2.0 and SanDisk Extreme 3.0. We suggest you to please contact SanDisk support at 1-866-SANDISK or submit a support request at www.sandisk.com/support for further assistance.

SanDisk Support
on February 11, 2013
This is quite possibly the single slowest piece of data storage technology I've owned since back in the days of floppy disks. Those actually might have been faster. There's pretty much no guarantee that this drive will operate at ANY reasonable speed, since I've tried it on several computers and it won't connect to my gaming desktop which boasts the fastest data rates and newest tech of any of my computers, my Dell desktop works with it, but the data rates are never higher than 4MB/second, and the same thing with my HP Pavilion DM1Z. And don't ever think about re-formatting these drives. It was a miracle that I managed to get it to an exFAT partition in the first place, even more so that after around 10 tries, it finally showed up on a Mac. Don't waste your money. Just buy a Transcend JetFlash 700 of whatever size you need. It's around the same price, but it's ABSOLUTELY the better drive than this piece of s***.