Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on September 17, 2007
...you don't have NERO installed on your computer. I got my Cruzer and plugged it in to my daughter's laptop and was very impressed. I took it to work and plugged it in to a couple of computers there - impressed my co-workers. But then I plugged it in to my home computer and the computer froze up. Every time I plugged it in, my computer froze. I was getting ready to format my hard drive and re-install Windows (thinking darn Microsoft OS is corrupt again) when I came across a little FAQ on Sandisk's web site saying there was a known incompatiblity with NERO software. I have Nero installed - leading me to think this is the issue since the Cruzer works on all of the other computers I've tried it on. The FAQ said that an update would be released soon to patch this issue - that was a year ago and nothing yet. So, Cruzer will probably work great for you IF you don't have NERO installed.
on January 23, 2008
As a college student, I needed a way to carry my files from one computer to another. The computers provided at my campus only let one store so much information before forcing one do delete already-saved files to make room for more. Needless to say, I bought a flash drive.

At first, the U3 sandisk cruzer micro 2G flash drive was perfect. I put it into one of the USB ports on my dorm room computer, and a new software I had never seen popped up. It allowed me to create a password, store files, and eject it without any problems. Sometimes before ejecting though, a small box would pop up saying that I couldn't eject it because there were programs still running by it, with no programs running at all on my computer. It didn't bother me much, because I would just wait until the next morning and it would eject just fine.

However, two months after buying it, I needed to transport a program to my Engineering class. To my dismay the flash drive showed no signs of even existing upon plugging it into my computer. The little light would not turn on to show that it was working properly, and the removable disk file (usually F) was not even showing up in My Computer. Panicking, I turned to the company for help, but they only gave me a long detailed instruction sheet on how to get the program to run properly. I don't need the program to work, I need my flash drive to work! I visited several tech forums for help, every time finding out that there are several others with my same problem. Yes, I ejected the drive properly every time. Yes, I have tried four different computers, with no results. My roomate has the same exact drive and hers works perfectly in the same computers I tried mine.

I have no idea if it was just a defect on my drive personally. There is a warranty on this product, but why would I want the company to ship me another one when it could possibly end me in the same predicament as the first? Others may find no problems with their flash drive, but as for me I will replace it with one from another company.
Everybody wants to find different ways to store their computer files, without having the need to bring their laptops or computers on the go. But, they also might want a backup that you could also have in a convient way. Sandisk knows that feeling. They've still shown that after all the past several years, they still know how to make high quality tricks for making even the most of any file safe and secure. Their Sandisk 2 GB Micro Cruser is a sleek and convient way to bring your data with you on the go. You coul easily attach it to your keychain, through the little hoop attached to the flash drive. You can securely store your music and video files that you've downloaded from music services like Napster and Urge. It is easy to setup, and the siftware is preinstalled in the USB port, so there is no need to install any CD-ROM into the computer. However, you can't use this on Windows 98 or ME. This can only be used on Windows XP, Vista or MAC OS X. I like this flash drive a lot, and I absolutely recommend this for anyone who needs a new place to store their program files. Sandisk is a name brand that really delivers in its promises.

Price: B+

Convience: B 1/2-

Easy To Setup: B+

Overall: B 1/2+
on May 13, 2007
I bought this drive for $25 on sale. My only complaint is that it does not come with a lanyard. This has created a small problem, I have washed it twice. I tend to drop it into my pocket, since I have no lanyard to reattach it to. I get sloppy and only check my upper pockets for loose change and stuff and miss my lower cargo pockets on my shorts. You get a really lump in your stomach when you open up the dryer and you flash drive falls out. Through the wonders of epoxy embedded microchips, it has survived with all data intact.
on October 18, 2008
Oops, just found the flash drive in the bottom of the washing machine. Plugged it in and it still works! That's enough for me. I wouldn't recommend this as a method for cleaning your flash drive, but it's been kicking around in my backpack unprotected and it's taken that beating as well. I think it's a great product.
on June 11, 2012
I have exclusively used Sandisk flash drives. There may be better ones out there but I havn't tried them yet. I currently use
four of them. They transfer data quickly and are durable. I especially like the retractable usb plug. Have never had any problems with them. Good value.
on December 5, 2012
Apparently they don't even make these anymore. - They sure don't support the originally supplied free software downloads, but that's of no importance.

The real reason I buy these is the hardware security features. Just be careful with your passwords. If you can't remember the password within 10 tries, you are locked out and need to reformat (any data that was on it is lost permanently).

Someday soon, these surplus U3s will all be gone, and we'll have to go back to paying the big bucks.

Paul
on July 28, 2007
Previously the SanDisk Cruser Flash Drives came with a lanyard with a quick disconnect that allowed you to disconnect it and use it or to keep the lanyard attached. This provided security and convenience and "a place to keep it." I feel that the decision to no longer provide the lanyard was a bad business decision. There apparently isn't even the option of purchasing the lanyard as an accessory.

I would have rated the Cruser a 5 but the decision to eliminate the lanyard is very short sighted.
on October 18, 2007
I've been very happy with this unit - it easily allows me to take files from one computer to the next, to the next ... without any extra steps. The retractable connection makes this a very compact unit, without any extra things falling off. I've found it durable, and reliable - a recommended buy.
on August 2, 2011
This is a good product for storing data and that is why I gave it 4 stars. I have about 20 thumb drives and bought this one because it was cheap and I did not care if I lost it or it broke. The only thing that I do not like is the sliding USB port, but it is either that or one with a lid that I will eventually lose. With all the technology in the world, why can't we come up with a better solution.