- HIGH SPEED 2.0 FLASH DRIVE SKYPE CERTIFIED 8GB
SanDisk Cruzer Micro 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive SDCZ6-8192-A11
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Retractable USB connector: A sliding USB connector means theres no cap to lose, and the connector is protected from damage
- The slider switch is illuminated by an amber LED light when the drive is active, making it easy to see when the light goes out
- Enhanced for Windows® ReadyBoostTM ; Compatible with Mac and PC
- Ultraportable design
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface and connectivity
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The Cruzer Micro is a great USB flash drive with some significant advantages. You don't have to worry about losing the cap. There is a chance of getting dust in the head, so make sure to clean it from time to time with compressed air. Kingston also makes some retractable USB models as well, but in general I still prefer SanDisk.
This guy has 2, 4 and 8 GB sizes. 8GB is kind of the minimum size I would purchase at this point, since I have a ton of smaller drives already. This guy has the smallest case out of regular USB drives out there. The only way to get smaller storage is to my a memory card or a micro drive.
The small slot and ring are not really sturdy enough to secure this drive. The Cruzer Slide, on the other hand, has a nice attachment ring. But it is much bigger than the Micro, meaning that many users will still opt for this one instead.
I make a point of obliterating the U3 software whenever I get a new drive. That way I don't have to worry about it loading itself every time I insert it. It just slows it down and I don't use those apps anyway.
+ Great storage capacity in a brand that honors their warrantees
+ The case is small and attractive
+ The slide-back head means there is no cap to be lost
+ Nice color options for different tastes
+ Durable body and NAND memory stands up to a lot of abuse
+ Compatible with old and new Mac and PC Operating Systems (XP, Vista, OS X)
+ USB 2.Read more ›
1. In Windows Explorer allow hidden files to be seen.
2. Delete everything in 'new' Cruzer.
-- If you click on the 'U3...(E:) drive, it will now hang.
3. Right click on 'Removable Disk (F:) and choose 'Properties'.
4. Click on the 'Hardware' Tab.
5. There will be 2 listings for 'SanDisk U3 Cruzer Micro USB Device'.
-- Type = 'Disk Drives'
-- Type = 'DVD/CD-ROM Drives'
6. Highlight the second 'DVD/CD-ROM Drives'.
7. Click the 'Properties' button. A new pop-up will appear.
8. At the bottom there is a pull-down menu titled 'Device usage'.
9. Choose 'Do not use this device (disable)'.
10. Click the 'OK' button.
11. Now the 'U3...(E:)' drive will disappear from Windows Explorer.
So why 4 stars and not five?
-Does not come (at least in my purchase) a round-the-neck lanyard. Maybe this was a error in the original plastic packaging but without this, worried about forgetting it.
-I cannot get rid of the pre-installed software on this. (As soon as I plug in via USB, it "pops up" a message and then my (Vista) PC displays the device discovered message. I have tried to uninstall the software to make the USB drive a "dumb" device but after three attempts (format, erase and using the device software's uninstall programme), nothing works.
Otherwise, have used Sandisk in past, all have worked great and I really have recommended this to friends as an ideal backup solution.
The most useful U3 application for me is OpenOffice 2.0. It is fully compatible with Microsoft office and allows me to work on presentations and papers from any computer I happen to be near. Firefox (browser) and Thunderbird (email) are my other two most used applications. These are all proven open source applications that have been around for years, and they are all available at no charge.
I own two 512mb Micro Cruzer drives , a 2.0gb, and the 8gb. I bought my first one about 2 years ago maybe? I have never had a problem with any of them. I really like the retractible plug and they have proven to be plenty durable for my purposes. They all live on lanyards and have been used daily while I'm at college. Very nice sturdy little gadgets.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fast data transfer and reliable. Very sturdy and safer to carry around in your pocket or key chain for quick transfer from/to any laptop. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Justin Time
I got one of these several years ago. The paint for the labels is all worn off now. I accidentally put it through the washing machine the other day. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Ivan