Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on July 28, 2013
I purchased this SD Card for my Raspberry Pi. During the initial configuration of the RPi OS, I expanded the file system to utilized the full 8GB. Then I tested the performance of the SD Card. The results show that this card is too fast for the Raspberry Pi. That is, the SD Card I/O is limited by the card reader on the RPi, not the SD Card. So, it might be better to purchase a less expensive card.

Here are the results:

1024+0 records in
1024+0 records out
524288000 bytes (524 MB) copied, 24.0708 s, 21.8 MB/s
on September 26, 2012
I use this card in my Nikon D90. I bought it with a little bit of trepidation as I had found conflicting reports as to whether the D90 supported UHS-1 and if I would see any performance gain. Having just gotten back from Paris and shot over 1,100 photos I can tell you there is *no question* in my mind that this card is significantly faster than any of the others that I have (including the other 'Extreme' Class 10 cards).

The D90 also had no problem accessing the full 32 gig. I'm not sure why some people are saying that their D90s can't access over 8 or 16 gig but mine works like a champ.
on May 20, 2013
speedtests - using a USB 3.0 card reader / 3.0 port, gets 90MB/s read and 85MB/s write. good enough for me!

real world performance:

- My Canon 6D DSLR supports UHS-I cards, but doesn't officially support UHS-1 speeds.
- I also have a SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s, which gets 47MB/s read and 45MB/s write
- doing a simple timed test, I took 10 RAW shots, found out the file size, then counted how long it took to clear the buffer.
- the 10 RAW shots (in my case) totaled 224MB.
- the Extreme Pro 95MB/s card took 7.3 sec to clear the entire buffer. 224/7.3 = 30.6MB/s!
- the Extreme 45MB/s card took 8.9 sec to clear the entire buffer. 224/8.9 =25.1MB/s!

Even though the Canon 6D doesn't support the max speeds that UHS-I cards can do in the speed tests, the Extreme Pro does definitely show an advantage over its younger sibling. try the test yourself!
on April 21, 2014
I would not purchase this product. It stopped working after 1 month. Only used it once. I never had this problem with any other cards. I do not recommend it.
Hi RC ,

My name is Allen from SanDisk support. I am sorry to hear that your memory card has stopped functioning. SanDisk stands behind the warranty on its products. We recommend you to please contact SanDisk support at 1-866-SANDISK or submit a support request at www.sandisk.com/support. The manufacturer warranty on brand new products extends beyond the Amazon.com 30 day return period. We will assist you towards a resolution including a possible warranty replacement.

SanDisk Support
on April 28, 2012
I was very pleased using Sandisk's Extreme Pro 16 GB SDHC , UHS-I memory card with my Canon T3i. Then, a few days later read Alpha Chi's review and it really concerned me the possibility of damaging my camera. So I wrote to Canon Technical Support and got a very fast reply from representatibe Christopher. He explained that "UHS is simply a newer speed specification. The card should work in any of our cameras that are compatible with the SDHC memory cards. It will not hurt the camera but the camera will not take advantage of the extra performance the card is capable of." Hope this clarification helps others, there is absolutely NO issue using this card with the T3i.
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2012
This card should also come with a new designation of "UR" for Ultra Reliable! Not only is it fast enough that you don't experience video hesitation or buffering due to overpowering a lesser card, but mine has performed flawlessly. I've experienced VERY annoying problems with other cards that my camera will suddenly not recognize. The 64 GB size is great for shooting videos in 1080p with audio and no hiccups. My next purchase will be an external drive with at least a 1TB capacity which will allow me to save my work, reformat the card and keep on truckin'. If you buy this card, you SHOULD be very pleased. Hope you don't get a lemon.
on November 10, 2012
I got this card to use with my 4 year old Canon EOS Rebel XSi. My other memory cards used with this camera are Sandisk Extreme III 30MB/s. This 95MB/s card wasn't much more expensive, so I gave it a try to see if it was noticeably faster. I also wanted the faster card because I will eventually trade in my camera for a newer model that will be able to take advantage of the higher speed.

I chose Sandisk since I have always had good luck with their cards. None have ever failed me.

I don't see any difference in speed with the new card. My Canon XSi records 6 RAW images before the buffer fills up, both with the old and new cards, and the time it takes to write the buffer to the card (when the red LED is flashing) is the same for old and new cards. Copying images from the card to my early 2011 iMac using its built-in SDHC slot takes equal amounts of time with the old and new cards.

What I wasn't expecting was that the new card has less usable space than the old. My 12 Megapixel camera reports 7.59 MB and room for 505 RAW shots with the old cards. With the new card this drops to 7.39 MB and 491 shots. I thought there might be other files on the card that accounted for the difference but that wasn't the case. I low-level formatted the new card on the camera, and there was no change in capacity.

I believe that this card only makes sense if you are using it with a newer camera and/or a USB 3 card reader that can take advantage of the extra speed. If you have an older camera, stick with lower speed cards for increased capacity and reduced price.

Update: November 26 2012
I tried comparing my old 30MB/s and this new 95MB/s cards on a brand new Canon 60D, and there was also no difference in the number of RAW images captured before the buffer filled up, or in the time taken to write the buffered images to the card.
44 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2013
I don't think I've ever researched anything online that has less reliable information than the question of why one SD card is better than another. It all seems to be opinion and speculation--and this review will be more of the same. I previously purchased at ScanDisk Extreme 32GB 80MB/s that did not give me the significant improvement in performance I was expecting when used in my Canon 70D for high speed multiple exposure stills and HD video. I then purchased this Extreme Pro card for about $20 more and tested them back to back again and again until it was quite clear that there was absolutely no difference whatsoever--which is consistent with what I'm reading in online discussion boards and seeing on YouTube. Bottom line, it's my opinion based on personal testing and the opinion of many others that this card is not worth the price and that you will get the same performance from the less expensive "non-Pro" card when used in a DSLR. As mentioned in another of my reviews, I DO believe that the quality of the ScanDisk Extreme (non-Pro) is worth the price if you can get it for a deep discount off SRP.
33 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Hi William Sidney Porter,

My name is Allen from SanDisk support. I am sorry to learn that you are not getting the expected performance from the memory card. The speed of the memory card depends up on various factors. We would need further information in order to isolate the issue.

I would suggest you to please contact SanDisk support at 1-866-SANDISK or submit a support request at www.sandisk.com/support. We will isolate the issue and will assist you towards a resolution.

Allen,
SanDisk support.
on March 21, 2015
Frustrated with the quality of these cards. Got 2 cards today. They are absolutely same, slow and jerky. See the screen shots. Just for a comparison - one screen shot made from the test of a PNY card promising 90 MB/s. The graphics is high and flat - 83.7-85.2 mb/s. COmparing to PNY, these particular SanDisk cards are much slower than should be, plus the graphics looks like a saw, which is very strange. I tried to reformat them, but since this is a low level test it didn't change the test results, so I attached only 1 screen shot for SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 cards. They are definitely not 95 MB/s. The range is 47.7-70.3 MB/s with the average speed below 60. I'd like SanDisk to explain why I see this kind of saw while it needs to be a line. Both cards are going back and I will try PNY instead. They have never failed so far and I regret I decided to try these 95MB/s cards. Although I got a very good experience. I used the built-in SDXC card slot in my Alienware A18 laptop - no doubt, it's able to provide even a higher speed if the card is able to.
review image review image
11 comment7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2015
At first I loved this card, but then I was checking out my D90 before going on a shoot and it said "no card". Took card out and put it in card reader and transferred everything (thank goodness), then I deleted everything, put it back in the camera and reformatted. Thought it was OK, but it kept freezing on me, so I changed cards - can't afford to lose shots. Then, when I transferred photos, they were fine, but it kept stopping mid process. Decided to send it back. Possible that it isn't compatible with my Nikon D90?
Update: 10/7/15:
I returned this item for a refund via UPS, and I have proof of delivery from them. See attached image of UPS tracking information. Amazon is charging me for it a second time and saying they never received it even though I provided them with this proof of delivery on 9/18/15. What a ripoff Amazon has become. Was my favorite place to shop, but until they make this right, I will not be shopping at Amazon for anything!
review image
Hi maryquitecontrary,

My name is Kevin from SanDisk Support. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your review. Our Extreme line of cards is designed to perform optimally with your camera in perfect synchronization. However as you facing inconvenience with this card I would suggest you to contact SanDisk Support at 1-866-SANDISK or www.sandisk.com/ask. SanDisk stands behind the warranty on its products. The manufacturer warranty on brand new products extends beyond the Amazon.com 30 day return period.

SanDisk Support.