Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SanDisk Extreme PRO 8GB UHS-1 SDHC Memory Card Up To 95MB/s - SDSDXPA-008G-X46 (EOL)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 8 GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$14.50 - $767.31

on July 24, 2015
This is a great card but its sometimes a gamble if your going to get a real one or a copy rebranded card. I happen to get a fake rebranded card and it was not easy to tell. I contacted sandisk and they verified by the serials and images that it was indeed a fake card. More so I did a test on the card to see if it was a small 4-8gb card or even a real 64. Its a real 64gb card but some cheap china one I assume. You cant always tell by the cards because sometimes they look pretty good. There were a few things that threw me off.
1. the yellow lock switch
2.the serials and images on the back of the card
3. The super gold plates
4. The plastic (real ones will look different)
5. The sticker on the front (off center and not perfect)
6. Speed testing.
7. Gut instincts (varies based on size of gut and experience)
I did a heavy load on the card with 50gb of wedding images and it handled it. Next I did a Black magic speed test and ill post the numbers below. I contacted amazon and they have allowed the refund to be made. I cant risk having a low performance card for weddings especially for the price. If you can please double check your cards by verifying it through Sandisk services. All you have to do is email them with the serials on the card. Super easy and they respond within a day. I gave it two stars because amazon service is amazing. I also have some images of a fake and a real card. Hope this helps
review image review image
1414 comments|786 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2012
I have reached advertised speeds on a built-in card reader and a newer digital camera but there are a few things anyone should know when choosing a card.
Cards with 32GB or less are SDHC and should work with most devices released in the last few years. SDXC will cover cards with higher capacities, such as this card in 64GB. This is an important consideration to Linux users since SDXC uses exFAT which may not work with your OS. If you have an up-to-date Windows installation or a recent Mac release you will be fine without third party software, though a firmware update may be necessary for your card reader if it's pre-'09.
You will not achieve UHF speeds on a USB 2.0 bus - you will see a maximum 20-30MB/S depending on file size and other factors. On many host devices the speed gains are negligible during operation because of fast internal memory buffers - I can burst (9/s) an average of 15 shots in RAW+jpeg on my DSLR with a class 6 card, or 18 with this - so probably not worth the premium price for that gain alone. Video there is no difference since the class 6 can float the 20mbps required for 1080i on my camera. In other words, if you can get the extreme pro in 64GB for the same price as the extreme in 128GB, your money is probably better spent on the extreme, if not on a non-UHF card, which is to say class 6 or 10.
It may be noteworthy that this card is waterproof and x-ray proof, but does not specify that it is magnet proof as other brands' documentation does. That said, Sandisk has some of the most robust built-in error checking features in the 'biz and other brands don't really compete in quality if you do some research.
My advice is to make sure you can use the extra speed you're paying for - if you don't have a USB 3.0 card reader, a host device with USB 3.0 PC connection, or a built-in card reader on a laptop that's either newer or has a recent firmware update, you may be wasting a fair sum of money here. Also make sure your device says SDXC if you do go above 32GB. Many devices' documentation will explicitly say that it works up to 32GB. It'll just try to format the card over and over if you feed it an SDXC.
Hopefully some info here was helpful! Happy hunting
77 comments|606 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2013
My Nikon D7000 has two card slots. I had a Kingston SDHC 16GB in the second slot and the Extreme Pro 32 GB by Sandisk in the first slot. Unfortunately, I only owned ONE Extreme Pro because I could not justify spending that much on a card but I had a whole pocketful of those Kingston 16gb ones because they're only $11.00! In my mind I thought; "16 gb plus 16 gb is 32gb. Sandisk 32gb card is over $60bucks but two of these Kingston disks will total be one third that price." It's great reasoning for a person who wants to miss 1/3 of the important shots.

I have learned the error of my thinking. If you are a hobbyist photographer, shooting landscapes or family/friends you may not see a need for this disk depending on what you shoot. If you are a professional wedding photographer or a sports photographer; or any kind of photographer where you NEED to capture that one special shot then you NEED this card.

Here's my story: I had run out of space on my Sandisk 32GB while photographing the bride getting to the church. I put in a standard Kingston 16gb SDHC card to shoot the ceremony with. BIG MISTAKE!! I was preparing for the bridesmaids to march down the aisle so I had my camera set to take a quick succession of pictures (in case one had her eyes closed). My camera took so long to cycle that I missed completely the next bridesmaid. It turns out that the Kingston writes at around 4mb/s compared to the Sandisk at 95mb/s. That is a huge difference. Needless to say that I captured the bride getting fed cake, but missed her smearing it on his face. If you don't think that speed matters, wait until you have to tell the bride that you missed an important shot because the disk in your camera can't keep up with your camera. :(

I actually came to this site today to purchase another one; and while I was here decided to put in my thoughts on this disk. Don't be "that photographer" who is known for missing important shots like I did.
99 comments|451 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2012
I also own several SanDisk Extreme Memory Cards and the Extreme Pro wins 'hands down'! It is WAY faster than the Extreme card. I used this card in my D7000 and I don't have to stop taking pictures to wait for my memory card to catch up :)
33 comments|202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2013
I recently bought another SanDisk card that seemed off, black housing and only "MADE IN CHINA" stamped on the back, no SanDisk logo or serial number. I ran a speed test and on the card that was rated for up to 35MB/s it maxed out at 10MB/s read and write so I contacted Amazon and they made it right. That made me curious about this card that I had already had for over a year. So I tested it and being rated for 95MB/s I get 17.2 MB/s write and 19.2MB/s read.

Edit: SanDisk again confirms that my Extreme Pro card is genuine & tell me the slow read/write speeds are due to my card reader. I still advise you to avoid frustration free packaging as the SanDisk Ultra card I received was a counterfeit. Again, thanks to Amazon for allowing me to return it outside the standard time frame.
review image
1313 comments|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2012
I purchased this SanDisk Extreme Pro 16 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s SDSDXPA-016G-X46 for use with m y new Nikon D600 which supports UHS-1. The card is fast and allows me to shoot at high speed without worrying about the buffer slowing me down. I measured it using CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1 and measured 90.21 MB/s read and 81.06 MB/s write in sequential mode. I uploaded the screen capture of the test to the product photos.
review image
22 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 31, 2012
I have the Delkin Elite and this card, both UHS-I cards at 95MB/s. I also have the SanDisk Extreme Pro 45MB/s card

I'm using them on the Panasonic GH2 and Fujifilm X100.

On the GH2, the 95MB/s and 45MB/s cards are writing at almost the same speed. So it's probably a better choice to get the SanDisk 45MB/s card unless you can find the higher-spec cards at similar or better prices.

On the X100, both 95MB/s cards are faster than the 45MB/s card by small margin. The SanDisk 95MB/s card is slightly faster than the Delkin 95MB/s card by a tiny margin. So the fastest card for X100 is between the two 95MB/s. Which one to choose would be down to the price.
22 comments|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2013
While this card is advertised as 95 MBps, in real life, I find the performance is limited to ~ 65 MBps. Still, it's significantly faster than the Extreme (advertised at 45 MBps), which I found to be ~ 42 MBps in actual use. Being 50% faster though means shooting 50% faster when the buffer runs out and clearing the buffer in 33% less time.

About my testing: Using a Nikon D7100 (UHS-I capable) with a single Extreme Pro card, I set it to 12-bit lossy RAW files (with an average file size of 20.8MB) and held the shutter down for 20 seconds. During this time, the camera took 67 shots, which (when adjusting for a buffer size of 7, as indicated) means a transfer speed of 62.4 MBps. I did a similar test with 14-bit lossless files, and found I was able to capture 29 26.8MB shots in 10 seconds, which (adjusting for a buffer size of 5) indicates a transfer speed of 64.3 MBps.

(FYI for fellow D7100 users: adding a second card slows things down as the camera cannot write to the two slots simultaneously, but rather writes one. In order words, setting it to backup mode with two Extreme Pro cards leads to 38 20.8MB shots in 20 seconds (12-bit lossy), or an effective write speed of 32 MBps.)
on April 21, 2015
this is the 2nd sanDisk card to go bad on me. Used it for a job on Monday download the images put it back in the camera formatted it shot the next day, "the whole job on the same card". Pulled the card from the camera put in the computer and nothing, computer won't even see it, put it back in the camera get a card error, tried everything no good. Contacted Sandisk via email they gave me a address where I can send the card and pay $325 to maybe get the images off. This will be the last card I buy from them.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on September 9, 2015
At first I loved this card, but then I was checking out my D90 before going on a shoot and it said "no card". Took card out and put it in card reader and transferred everything (thank goodness), then I deleted everything, put it back in the camera and reformatted. Thought it was OK, but it kept freezing on me, so I changed cards - can't afford to lose shots. Then, when I transferred photos, they were fine, but it kept stopping mid process. Decided to send it back. Possible that it isn't compatible with my Nikon D90?
Update: 10/7/15:
I returned this item for a refund via UPS, and I have proof of delivery from them. See attached image of UPS tracking information. Amazon is charging me for it a second time and saying they never received it even though I provided them with this proof of delivery on 9/18/15. What a ripoff Amazon has become. Was my favorite place to shop, but until they make this right, I will not be shopping at Amazon for anything!
review image
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi maryquitecontrary,

My name is Kevin from SanDisk Support. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your review. Our Extreme line of cards is designed to perform optimally with your camera in perfect synchronization. However as you facing inconvenience with this card I would suggest you to contact SanDisk Support at 1-866-SANDISK or www.sandisk.com/ask. SanDisk stands behind the warranty on its products. The manufacturer warranty on brand new products extends beyond the Amazon.com 30 day return period.

SanDisk Support.