4,151 Reviews
 (3,495)

5.0 out of 5 stars Latest 45MB/s SDHC - Great Card!
Published on March 23, 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars COUNTERFEIT FAKE PRODUCT BUYER BEWARE
DO NOT BUY THIS MEMORY FROM THE "EVERYTHING BUT STROMBOLI" SELLER. I don't know if the seller is intentionally selling counterfeit product but mine had no permanent markings of SanDisk on the back, and no opaque translucent backing.

Published 21 months ago by Truth... Good, Bad, Ugly

5.0 out of 5 stars Latest 45MB/s SDHC - Great Card!, March 23, 2012
Amazon Customer (Birmingham, AL USA) - See all my reviews
I just received the card today, so not a lot of time logged... But it is smokin' fast! I had some issues recording 1080/30fps on my D5100 with previous PNY Professional card. Several tests with HD video and consecutive still frame bursts never even hiccuped! I'm 99.4% sure this is going to cure all of the past woes. (The PNY is now relegated to my sweet new Samsung TL500. No HD video on it, so No worries!)

What I wanted to point out to those looking is that this IS the latest 45MB/s SDHC Extreme 16GB card. AND it's at the same or better price as others selling the previous models!

Maybe I'm the only one that's confused about the different versions of the SanDisk SDHC cards. But I searched and searched trying to make sure I was getting the latest card instead of overpaying for old stock. I even contacted SanDisk, and their customer support didn't even know that the Extreme is now 45MB/s! They actually told me that I would have to buy the (now outdated and overpriced) SDSDXP1-016G to get 45MB/s. I researched this for a couple of evenings, and still knew enough to explain to SanDisk that the SDSDXPA-016G is the new version of what they told me to buy, and it's now 95MB/s for the same price!

So here's the breakdown of what I found as of 3/22/12:

Lower price Extreme SDHC:
SDSDRX3-016G - 30MB/s - OLD
SDSDX-016G - 45MB/s - CURRENT (Apparently Brand New)

Higher price Extreme Pro SDHC:
SDSDXP1-016G - 45MB/s - OLD
SDSDXPA-016G - 95MB/s - CURRENT

The cards are all about the same price if you buy the same classification and GB size. (A 16GB Extreme is going to be twenty-five to thirty bucks regardless if it's 20MB/s, 30MB/s, or 45MB/s.)

I don't know if you really need this Extreme card vs. Ultra or Extreme Pro. You can determine that... But don't Overpay for the same performance! Be sure you Get the Latest Version of whichever you choose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 60D + Magic Lantern, November 4, 2011
The speed of this card may be overkill for standard shooting/filming. However, I use Magic Lantern on my 60D, which is a firmware modification that runs off of the SD card. I noticed that my Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS32GSDHC10E had a hard time keeping up with some of the functions of the additional software. I decided to give the faster card a try, and the functions (such as magic zoom and focus peaking) work much better now.

Of course, pulling pictures and video off the card is also quicker than with the Transcend. Although both cards are "Class 10," the SanDisk is 50% faster than the Transcend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used in a T3i Camera for video, January 11, 2012
When I bought the new Canon DSLR camera I got what I thought was a fast memory card for it. The camera would stop "automatically" after a few seconds of HD video which was VERY irritating. The suggested fix was higher speed memory. After installing the Extreme memory the problem disappeared entirely. The price was good and the function is great! I recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in my Canon 60D, October 17, 2011
After a bit of research I purchased this card when I bought my Canon EOS 60D. I shoot RAW + JPG and have no trouble shooting at full speed with this SD card. Full HD video isn't a problem either.

I've put the card in both my desktop and laptop computers and haven't had any problem reading the images off them.

If you've spent a bunch of money on a DSLR why go cheap when it comes to the storage? A slow card can reduce the performance of the camera if you're shooting rapid fire. After looking at many reviews here and at photography websites I decided on this card and I haven't been disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered..., March 30, 2012
I shoot RAW, 14bit, "lossless compressed". The files are about 20mb in size. I usually take about 2000 pictures at a 10-hour event and 64gb is just the perfect size for this amount of shooting.
I also use dual memory card slots on my camera for instant back up. Which means the time that it takes to clear the buffer is twice as long. That's where the 45 MB/s come into play. Of course there's also the 64gb Sandisk Extreme Pro, which is twice as fast and costs twice as much, but it may be an overkill especially if you're not doing the instant back up.

I think this card is just the perfect compromise between the cost and the speed, but if money is burning a hole in your pocket might as well go for the Extreme Pro version. For my purposes 45 MB/s is plenty.

Btw, this card is a little bit slower in real life tests. The two cards that I bought topped out at about 42 MB/s (obviously it was tested over USB 3.0)
I remember when Sandisk cards used to be 2-3 MB/s faster than the speed they were rated at, even when the fastest cards were only 15 MB/s, but I guess Sandisk isn't trying to make a name for itself anymore so no real need to go the extra mile. I think as long as it's within 5%-10% of the advertised speed it's not a big deal.

Word of advice: make sure that your equipment is compatible with the SDXC standard and can take advantage of UHS-I, because most of the stuff out there isn't, so the card will either not perform at the rated speed or won't work at all.

There's also a 128gb version of this card. I'd go for it if I shot a lot of HD video, but for taking pictures 64gb should be enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extreme SDHC 32, December 21, 2011
I recently purchased a GoPro HD Hero2 which shoots both video/still pictures and have been very satisfied with the performance of this card. Without going in to what a GoPro can do and why I matched it with this card I will simply say that it handles approx. 5 hours of video time in various settings and easily handles the rapid burst photo setting of 10 photos/sec...fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Class 10 SDHC Actually Works!, April 26, 2012
M. Griffin (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
Finding high-speed digital media that actually WORK with your DSLR, audio recorder, HD Cam, or other digital media device, can be tough. Most of us have taken a chance on a lesser brand name (probably trying to save money) only to find the storage won't read or write as consistently or as quickly as specified.

This SanDisk Extreme card isn't as expensive as some of the others out there, but it actually works as specified. I'm using this card with a Nikon D7000 Digital SLR for shooting RAW and JPG still images and HD video. You might be able to get by with a lesser card if you're only shooting JPG stills, but if you want to push the capabilities of your device and avoid read/write errors, you need to get a card capable of dealing with the data your device is trying to store. I won't ever again try to save a few bucks buying off-brand digital media, because I've had so many problems.

I ordered one of these SanDisk Extreme cards to test out. It works perfectly, so I'm going to order a couple more. Well worth it!

1.0 out of 5 stars COUNTERFEIT FAKE PRODUCT BUYER BEWARE, October 28, 2012

The memory is clearly fake. I benchmarked using the same HD_Speed test on the same computer with same settings vs. the exact same memory card bought from a physical Costco store....

The memory I bought from "EVERYTHING BUT STROMBOLI" had a VERY UNSTABLE write rate meaning the memory quality was very poor. Also, the speed of write was HALF that of the Costco-bought version of the same exact memory. The version bought from Costco also wrote at a very stable linear rate (actually above the speed rating guaranteed by SanDisk).

If in doubt, buy your memory card from a local store. It may save you a lot of hassle!

1.0 out of 5 stars Make sure your card isn't a fake... Like mine was, August 24, 2012
I received my card today, and it failed to work. I called SanDisk support and they determined my card was a fake. I highly recommend if your card doesn't show up in a factory sealed box..like you'd buy from Walmart..Then send it back ASAP. The really sad part of this is that Amazon sent this directly to me.. No middleman was involved ?????????????? Here's my case # with SanDisk.. 1135669 They requested I send them pictures, and just by the Ser# I gave them..They knew it was a fake right off the bat. Amazon shame on you.. This is a opened box item with the ser# clearly written on the back. Took me all of two seconds to be told it's a fake.

1.0 out of 5 stars Card died, horrible support, June 27, 2012
The card not only stopped working on it's first use but the camera no longer even sees it, nor do either of my computers. I spent an hour doing a slow motion web chat with their technical support, who pretended to be American by name but their English useage made it clear they were not. (Ashley K wrote "find the serial number mentioned on the back of card)Most of the questions were to figure out if the card I bought on Amazon was fake. I had to provide pictures. After all that they can't fix it and ten more steps would get it replaced. All I wanted was to get my footage. Their answer to that was a company may be able to do it for $200, I can contact them.

I'll buy the replacement from a photo store and no more SanDisk.

Rate and Discover Movies