5.0 out of 5 stars A fast card makes a difference for the right camera
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:12 Mins
UPDATE: May 13, 2010
I was contacted by an Amazon shopper named Rolla Gravett. He purchased a Transcend class 6 card that could maintain the 4.5fps to 100 shots. It could be a fluke but in the interest of relaying the facts, I'm letting you know that he offered video as evidence of this feat. Neither my Transcend class 6 card or class 10 card...
Published on August 9, 2009 by Stephen

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR STILLS
I own a Canon T1i. I bought this card for 2 reasons I wanted to to decrease my instances of rolling choppy video on my class 4 cards ( I have only one class ) 6 at the moment and I was hoping to get increase my still frame rate before I buffered out. My video quality increased compared to a class 6 card but I still only get 8 frames raw in 3 seconds before my buffer...
Published on April 20, 2010 by Joshua B. Owens

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Extreme SD Card, March 1, 2010
This review is from: SanDisk 8GB Extreme SDHC Class 10 High Performance Memory Card (SDSDX3-008G-P31) (Personal Computers)
I had a class 6 card in my Canon Rebel XSI, when I would shoot action shots the camera would slow down after 6 shots... The specs on the camera say that it should take several hundred rapid shots on its Highest .JPG compression before a noticeable slowdown occured. Buying this card solved all my problems, I can take action shots without worry that I will miss the next lightning strike, or that perfect smile at a wedding. I recommend this card to anyone who needs to have speed. It certainly has it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Smoked after 5 months of use poor lifetime warranty, August 10, 2011
I was very excited about this card and all its claims, for I always want to have a robust memory card when your taking pictures that you can never replace. I have only lightly used this card in a Canon EOS 60D Digital camera for about 5 months, Probably filled the card up with pictures twice at and around the home, never did anything extreme with it. I Went to pull pictures off the card using a "Sandisk MicroMate for SD - Card reader ( SD, SDHC )" and the PC said the card was unreadable, tried it in two other card readers still not readable and unable to format. I pull the card out of the reader after trying everything I could try and it nearly burnt my finger it was darn near red hot! Ended up losing about a 600 pictures, I guess that is one bad thing about these large cards now days, if you lose the card you lose a lot more... The Transcend 16GB Class 10 SDHC Card (TS16GSDHC10) which I ordered at the same time is still going strong and I use it in all the same devices so its nothing with the readers or camera that cause this SanDisk 8GB card to short out.

It has taken about a month to go through the warrant exchange process. SanDisk concept of limited lifetime warrant is to send you something back comparable. I ended up getting an older Class 6 8GB card after I shipped my broken Class 10 8GB Extreme back to them and they verified it was truly broken. I objected to the inferior replacement card but its kind of sounding like they don't really care. I'll update the review if I get any resolution to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast but Expensive, December 24, 2010
Jeremiah Edwards (State College, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This SanDisk class 10 SDHC memory card is the fastest one I have ever seen. Sometimes, speed really does matter. Other times, saving money and buying cheaper memory makes more sense. The real question is, do you need the fastest SDHC card? If so (e.g. using a dSLR for action shots), get this. If not (e.g. using in a compact digital camera for anything or a dSLR anytime you don't fill up your memory buffer), consider other less expensive options.

I compared the following four SD memory cards:

1) Kingston 2 GB SD Flash Memory Card 2-Pack SD/2GB-2P
2) Lexar SDHC 4 GB Class 6 Flash Memory Card 100x Jewel Case Envelope Bulk LSD4GBBE100
3) Transcend 8GB Class 10 SDHC Card (TS8GSDHC10)
4) Sandisk 8GB Extreme SDHC Card-Class 10 (SDSDX3-008G-A31)

I compared the photo shooting speeds and the speeds to copy pictures onto a computer for the four different SD cards. I inserted the SD card into my Canon T1i dSRL, formatted the SD card, and shot in RAW+jpeg (which in this case was two files, 19.5mb and 4.7mb respectively). I timed how long it took to shoot 20 pictures, and then I timed how long it took to move those 40 files onto my computer. The T1i buffer filled up after 4.5 shots, so the remaining shots all depended on the write speed of the memory card. I didn't see too much difference in the time it took to copy the files to my computer, but there was a noticeable difference in the shooting speeds. The SanDisk class 10 SDHC card was clearly the fastest, but it was also the most expensive.

Shooting Speed
1) SanDisk 8gb class 10 SDHC (24 sec)
2) Kingston 2gb SD (38 sec)
3) Lexar 4gb class 6 SDHC (39 sec)
4) Transcend 8gb class 10 SDHC (45 sec)

Copy to Computer Speed
1) SanDisk 8gb class 10 SDHC (34 sec)
2) Kingston 2gb SD (34 sec)
3) Lexar 4gb class 6 SDHC (38 sec)
4) Transcend 8gb class 10 SDHC (40 sec)

Besides the speed differences, I have not noticed any other difference between these four memory cards. They are all compatible with everything I have (except for a few things that do not take SDHC cards). I have never lost anything on an SD card, and none of my cards have ever broken or failed. However, I do take very good care of them, and I always format the cards after copying pictures onto my computer. Depending on your needs, you may not need 8gb, or you may not need very fast write speeds. If speed matters to you, go with SanDisk...it is the fastest. Otherwise, consider a cheaper alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast and huge capacity, February 3, 2010
I have had nothing but good luck with SanDisk cards and this one is no different. Having purchased a Pentax K7 with hi-def movie capability I thought I should purchase a Class 10 card with some capacity to it. Well, I haven't shot many movies bhut this 8 gig card will hold 1 hours worth (doubt I'll ever do that). It holds about 650 shots at super fine (14 megapixel jpegs)and I've shot over 20 shots in burst mode at over 5 frames per second and never hit the cameras buffer. Huge AND fast!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great speed, not sure on the reliability, October 28, 2010
The speed on this card is great. I have the Panasonic 8 GB High Speed 22MB/s SDHC Class 10 Memory Card RP-SDW08GU1K and the Sandisk is clearly faster. This is a nice bonus when it comes to doing HD video at a decent frame rate. I've always bought Panasonic cards in the past and have been pleased with them, but with the reviews on here I took a chance on this one and have been happy with the speed.

The problem for this card recently has been its reliability. I've had it for 9 1/2 months and it has been great until the last month. I got a Memory Card error on my camera which I've never had before with the Panasonics. I took it out, deleted pics, and tried a reformat in the camera. Still got an error. Formatted it on the computer, and then it worked. All my other cards still work fine in the camera so I've ruled out the camera.

I just worry now that I can't depend on this card to safely store my pics. The extra cost spent for this card, even with the extra speed, doesn't seem justified at this point.

1.0 out of 5 stars Glitchy Card, April 20, 2011
The card I received turned out to have bad spots. Some of the photos came out fine, others were not viewable. I think for the most part it was the RAWS that were not retrievable and inconsistant if using video. Previously I bought a different card: Sandisk 8GB EXTREME SDHC HD Video Card Class 6 - 20MB/s (SDSDRX3-8192) and have used it for jpgs and RAWs with no problem.

I am into variety so i tried the above card which turned out to be a bad decision. Bought it through LLYTECH INC. thru Amazon. By the time i realized the card had a problem, i figured it was too late to attempt a return.

I am using the card on a Canon T2i and most recently on a small video camera. The first few videos taken with this card worked fine and were transferable and viewable, but a recent video taken, of a bluebird and chickadee fighting over a box, ended up not being viewable halfway through. I have tried software recovery programs which did not help.

In my case, I view i have no alternative but toss this card. It is not worth using a card where the photos may or may not be useable.

Moral of story - buyer beware - the card (SanDisk 8GB Extreme SDHC Class 10 High Performance Memory Card (SDSDX3-008G-P31) you receive may seem okay, but until you have taken many shots you may not realize the card has a problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars DiskMark says 21MB/s read 18MB/s write, April 24, 2011
I just uploaded a screenshot of DiskMark x64. It shows 21MB/s read and 18MB/s write for larger files, such as videos, photos, and music.

While that's very fast and is more than enough to be ranked as class 10, it falls short of the promised 30MB/s. It's also much more expensive than class 10 cards from all other brands. So it got 4 stars from me.

The high price comes from this card's ability to endure extreme weather, the downloadable error recovery software, and of course the Sandisk reputation for reliable cards. If you value the data, then spend extra on this card. If not, there are many cheaper brands out there that offer similar speed. In particular, my 16GB Lexar Full-HD SD card gets 20MB/s read and 16MB/s write, while being cheaper at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Nikon D90, April 9, 2010
I got this for my NIkon D90 and I swear the camera was working faster than it had with any other crappy SD cards I had tried. It never crashed and would load pics quick onto my laptop. Can go wrong with Sandisk. Just watch the price though because they do seem to go up and down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Canon T2i, September 17, 2010
Kenneth Depree (Sosua, Dominican Republic) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I purchased this for use with my new Canon T2i. This fast card gives me much better performance when doing continuous shooting and video than did the Class 4 cards that I used with previous camera. I still have a number of those cards that can still be used for single shots, but anytime I contemplate continuous shooting or video I immediately change to a faster card.

With a fast card, Class 6 or Class 10, you get more shots in a burst and photo quality is better than with the Class 4. I found that out using the Class 4 cards before the faster cards arrived. Camera performance and quality also much better when shooting video, which manual said required at least a Class 6 card.

I bought both Class 6 and Class 10, but plan to buy only Class 10 in future since these cards last a long time and maybe the 10 will be better for my next camera.

There are cheaper SDHC brands than SanDisk, but SanDisk has a reputation for high quality and I would prefer to pay a little more to help insure that at the end of a shooting day I have all my photos. Amazon seems to have the best price for these cards,

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything it was billed to be, November 11, 2010
I just bought a DSLR and needed a card to save the photos to (obviously). After reading multiple reviews I decided on this card and I have not been disappointed in any way by its performance. For an SD card this thing is fast! The camera comes with a burst mode of 60 shots/sec @ 3.5 MP and the card writes fast enough that I can shoot 3-4 bursts before a write time lag occurs. If this card lasts as long as the other reviews suggest then I will be more than pleased for a long time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›