4.0 out of 5 stars TIP: 30MB/s only on supported devices
I'd just like to point out for prospective buyers that there are two similar SanDisk Extreme SD cards, but with a key difference:
- The normal one (SDSDX3-016G-A31)
- This "HD Video" one (SDSDRX3-016G-A21)

Published on December 8, 2011 by S. Gilbertson

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed on me within 3 weeks
Published on May 11, 2011 by Kevin P

4.0 out of 5 stars TIP: 30MB/s only on supported devices, December 8, 2011
S. Gilbertson (Midwest City, OK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SanDisk Extreme HD Video 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card (SDSDRX3-016G-A21) (Personal Computers)
- The normal one (SDSDX3-016G-A31)
- This "HD Video" one (SDSDRX3-016G-A21)

The limitation of this card is that it normally operates at 20MB/s and only achieves 30MB/s in the few devices that support UHS-I. If your device doesn't specifically state "UHS-I", I would highly recommend paying slightly more for the far faster "normal" version. This is based on research and responses from SanDisk. Hope this helps!

(4-star rating based on the lack of clarity of this caveat in the product description. I have only purchased the other version, but hope that others aren't unaware of their devices likely not realizing their full potential using this card.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Fast, October 22, 2010
Keeps up with the full HD video and RAW files in high drive mode my 60D wonderfully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perdect for High Definition Video Cameras, January 10, 2011
My wife and I were so impressed with our first card that we just purchased our second Extreme HD Video card. Pictures from our Canon HD video camera are perfect using this card and all features of the camera are available. We found that using cheaper cards caused the camera to disable some recording features.

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed on me within 3 weeks, May 11, 2011
Kevin P (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is my 2nd one of these cards I purchased as the first one was great (first was about 4 months ago). The product picture above is actually deceiving as when I received this card it came as "Extreme HD Video 30MB/s Class 10 SDHC UHS-I". It however is the exact same model number as the 20MB/s card I have and worked great in my Sony SLT-A33 camera until about halfway through the card capacity I took a picture, clicked review, and my camera locked up and couldn't read the memory card. I was able to thankfully retrieve all the pictures using one of my computers that same day, but trying now my computer can no longer read it. I've always used SanDisk cards and this is the first time I've ever had a read/write issue with them. Since the card is so new, SanDisk support recommended I simply get a replacement through Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great price., January 30, 2011
Clearly, the SanDisk Extreme for HD video is the right memory card for you HD video camera. But, purchasing this card at Amazon.com from one of the more competative vendors will save you big bucks. I've purchased two for a total price of less than I could find elsewhere, for a single card. The most expensive price I found was at a place that claims to be the "best buy". Not even close! This card saves my pictures and video flawlessly in both a Canon Rebel SLR and my GoPro HD Hero video cameras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, November 17, 2010
J. Abbott "Zoomer" (Portland, OR - United States) - See all my reviews
This quality of memory card may be overkill for a small point and shoot camera with HD movie capability, but it works flawlessly on the Canon SX210is 14.1MP with 720P HD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good speed/Reliable card, November 15, 2011
I bought this card for my Canon T3i after having trouble with a more expensive but less name brand card. I'm not sure why I ever bought the other one in the first place! In my eyes there are only a few things you need out of a card: It needs to be reliable and fast. So far I haven't had any troubles with videos ending in error messages or pictures that have been lost or corrupted. I haven't done any intense speed tests or anything but the fact that I've never thought to myself, "wow, this card is slow" is the only real test that matters to me. It processes pictures and videos as fast as I can take them. There are probably better cards out there somewhere but I as far as I can tell, this card excels on every level.

4.0 out of 5 stars Product shown is not what I received., June 20, 2011
The card shown is not the card I received. I got a 30mb/s card that is a class 10. This is a great card! I used it in my canon DSLR T2i down at the beach filming my youth paddlers in the canoe. Full sunlight, 1080i and not even a hiccup. These cards seem to be the best bang for the buck (excluding non-name brands of course)at the moment. Only thing that makes me hesitate buying them again is the fact that they aren't made in the USA.

1.0 out of 5 stars image does not match description, December 2, 2011
the image shows a class 10 (30MB/s) card, SDSDX3-016G-A31
the description says SDSDRX3-8192-A21 that means: class 6 (20MB/s)
I would like to buy a card class 10 for that price but if there is
such a contradiction you can't order this item.
I hope amazon can improve this mistake or stop publishing such a product
description, because that's not a fair deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work with Nikon D5100, October 15, 2011
I bought couple of these recently for use with my new camera Nikon D5100 that lists Sandisk as one of the recommended brands for memory cards. However, neither of the cards would work with my camera. My camera would stop recognizing the card after few snaps. It would recognize it again after reformatting or sometimes even after just re-inserting them. Since, my camera was new, I did not want to conclude that cards were at fault, I even got my camera replaced but the cards exhibited the same problem with the replacement camera as well. I researched internet and found that there were more users that had faced same issues with this combination. So, I would be a bit cautious with the card.