- Save $2.00 on SanDisk 64GB microSDXC CR (B01BAJC4XK) when you purchase 1 or more BlueProton items offered by BlueProton. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "SanDisk Gaming SDTM Wii - 2GB SDSDG-2048-A11” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 37% off the $27.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
SanDisk Gaming SDTM Wii - 2GB SDSDG-2048-A11
|Price:||$19.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$8.00 (29%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- SanDisk¿s SD Gaming card is the only official licensee of Nintendo
- For maximum performance and to get the most out of all the advanced features on the Wii¿, you¿ll need a SanDisk Gaming Card
- With SanDisk, you will be able to download and store games, store game saves, and edit and store photos
- Guaranteed compatible
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
That having been said, I see little reason to buy this particular memory card. Why? As far as I can tell this card is identical to Sandisk's other 2 GB cards with one exception--it's white with the word "Wii" printed on it. It's also more expensive than a typical 2 GB card. I suppose if you really want the color of your memory card to match the system you may as well spend the extra money on it, but if not why not save yourself some cash and just order a normal SD card? They're easy to find--they're used in cameras and MP3 players, among other things--and you can find one on sale without looking too hard.
I definitely recommend an SD memory card for your Wii, but there are better alternatives than this particular product.
1. Any brand of SD card will work in the Wii; more reliable brands like Sandisk will also be more reliable in the Wii.
2. There is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between this card and a standard SD card from Sandisk, except for price. The only reason you should buy this over a standard 2 GB card is if you're willing to pay about five times more for the "Wii" label (2 GB Sandisk cards are about $6 on Amazon as of this writing).
3. The Wii can support up to 8 GB cards, so go buy an 8 GB card for this same price if you want to spend this much. If SD cards that hold more than 8 GB are ever sold, the Wii will not support them unless Nintendo updates its firmware to do so.
4. IMPORTANT: Although it seems like a great idea to have a huge memory card to hold Virtual Console games, WiiWare, and save files, these types of files CANNOT be used directly from SD card storage in the Wii. They must be in the Wii system memory to be played, and Virtual Console and WiiWare games can be re-downloaded at any time, so a large SD card will not be particularly useful for this type of data. What an SD card will be useful for is moving save files from Wii to Wii, storing music and photos that can be accessed by the Wii, and storing special types of data that certain games(Like Super Smash Brothers) will allow you to store on an SD card rather than system memory. Unless Nintendo updates the Wii firmware to allow for save file and Virtual Console/WiiWare gameplay straight from the card, a large SD card won't be very useful.
I hope this helped some of you. Now go buy a regular SD card for cheap!
I recently bought a 2gig SD Kingston memory card for $2 online and I tried it out in the Wii.
It works fine. You do not need to buy the Wii SD Card. Your just paying for the name. Any SD Card is fine.
You can pick them up pretty much anywhere for really cheap. Especially right now due to the Holiday sales.
I just wanted to share my results.
Good luck gaming!
Product does what it is supposed to do, store information making it usable on the Wii console.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Was rather pricy compared to other cards, but I am not that versed in the different types so payed the price. Have not had any problems and it seems to what I had hoped.Published 5 months ago by Jay A Thiel
THIS ITEM NEVER WORK PROPERLY. I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE. TRYING TO RETURN IT.Published 8 months ago by dagmara castro
Works without a hitch. Was cheaper than other options at the time of purchase (late 2014)Published 12 months ago by Alexi