6,168 Reviews
 (4,780)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk 8GB SD Memory Card Works Well
This memory card from Sandisk works just as expected. The quality of the pictures loses nothing and yet the amount of photos stored is immense!

Note: Be aware that not every digital camera has the capability to read memory cards above a certain ceiling (my Canon Powershot SD630 can only read memory cards up to 2gb), so make sure your camera is capable...
Published on March 25, 2008 by Paul E. DuBois Jr.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Class 2 card, but make sure you have an SDHC reader.
Please note that this is a Class 2 card (Class 6 is the current "top of the line"). Class 2 transfers two mega-thingies per second rather than the six mega-thingies per second for Class 6 cards.

This transfer rate is fine for most devices, but takes 3 times as long to copy files back and forth from your computer.

Please also note that older card...
Published on June 2, 2008 by LargeHeadedMagoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk 8GB SD Memory Card Works Well, March 25, 2008

I use this memory card for my Canon Powershot G7. With the shooting function on Manual, recording pixels at M1 (2816x2112, enough quality for an 8x10 printout), compression at Superfine, I can take a max of 1915 photos or 64'50" of video at 1024 High Resolution. At around $50, this is a good price, although I'm sure in 10 years we'll have 1tb memory cards for the same inexpensive price and this comment will be scoffed at for being sooo from the '00's.

I'd recommend this product to anyone who will be traveling for an extensive time and won't have the chance to dock to a computer and upload their pictures.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Class 2 card, but make sure you have an SDHC reader., June 2, 2008

Please also note that older card readers are not able to handle SDHC (HC stands for "High Capacity"). Some card readers are good for only 1 GB, some go up to 2 GB or 4 GB, but only the latest generations are capable of 8 GB.

Lastly, if you are using Windows XP, you may need to either add Service Pack 3 or add a patch before the high capacity card can be recognized by your system.

I recommend adding the patch rather than SP3. Some things haven't been working quite right since I installed the latest service pack from Microsoft - you may not wish to take that chance...

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but worth it., November 20, 2012
Although I had to liquidate the assets of an entire third world nation in order to afford these SDHC cards, they hold a lot of pictures of my dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, Economical 8 gb flash memory for still photography, August 9, 2011
L. G. CHARLOT (California, USA) - See all my reviews
The Sandisk brand of flash memory cards seems to be the best all-around quality. This particular card is a good value, I paid around $12 for it. It arrived in bulk packaging, meaning without a re-useable case. The newer Sandisk cards are black, so I assume this blue card is a year or two old model, but that's okay. I have had a few failures with Transcend and Kingston memory cards, but all of the Sandisk cards I own are still working, even the oldest ones. This Class 4 card will give adequate performance for capturing stills in any digital camera that uses SDHC cards, and it will capture Standard Definition (640 x 480) video. It might not be fast enough to record High Def video in some cameras, but in my Canon 60D, I have been able to shoot full HD videos up to three minutes long with no problems. This probably pushed the card to it's limits, as the User manual for the 60D clearly states that a Class 6 card is recommended as the minimum for HD video. A class 10 SD card is probably the best choice for HD video cameras, but beware of the cheaper Class 10 cards; some of these are labeled as Class 10, but don't actually deliver enough read/write speed for HD video.

Note on HD video recording capacity and cost. My Canon 60D needs 355 megabytes, more or less, per minute of HD video, so an 8 gb SD card will hold only about 22 minutes worth of video clips, with 4 gb being the maximum size of any single clip. That's three 8 gb cards for 1 hour of HD video; cost is about $90 for class 10 cards. By comparison, the Canon HV-40 HD camcorder stores a full hour of HD video on a single Mini-DV tape that costs about $2.00, and there is no inherent limit other than the 1 hour length of the tape, on long a single video clip can be. In many ways, a camcorder like the HV-40 is much easier to use for shooting HD video than a DSLR like the Canon 60D; for one thing the HV-40 has continuous auto-focus, which the 60D does not. What this means is that video of moving subjects shot with the DSLR will likely have a much higher percentage of out-of-focus segments than a video of the same subject shot with a camcorder. Bottom line is that just because most modern DSLR's can shoot HD video, this doesn't mean that a DSLR is your best choice for video; if you shoot a lot of video, a camcorder is probably a better choice, and one that records on to an internal hard disk drive or mini-dv tape will certainly cost far less for the recording media than high speed flash memory for a DSLR. I own an HV-20 camcorder, and it's definately easier to get nice video clips with it than with a DSLR, especially of moving subjects at close distances.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice card, works well, July 13, 2009
No complaints at all about this card, works great for me.

Just make sure you are ready for the SDHC card as opposed to a standard SD, as SDHC is a newer format to allow more storage and will not be compatible with some older cameras or PC card readers that can read standard SD.

If you have an older PC but a new camera, you can still download the images by connecting the camera to the PC via the USB link, instead of using the PC card reader. If you're not sure if your camera can use this card, look up your camera model online and see if it's SDHC compatible before buying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Memory for My Camera, June 11, 2008
Yousuf Mamsa (Minneapolis, MN, USA) - See all my reviews
8GB is more than enough for my Canon PowerShot. I recently went to New York City for vacation and took more than 250 plus pics with the best pixel quality the camera could provide and still had more than enough memory left. Highly recommend this product. You don't need to carry any extra memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Digital Cameras, March 20, 2008
Nick (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
I bought this to go along with a Canon PowerShot SD850. Even with the camera set to take the highest quality pictures (3264 × 2448, around 3mb each) this card will hold over 1100 images!! I doubt I'll ever fill the card, especially since I try to download once a week or shortly after pictures are taken, but still...1100 pictures! It's almost ridiculous.

The card itself seems very fast and has been reliable so far. If anything changes, I'll update this review. I think it's worth the few extra dollars to have all the additional storage capacity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing device...totally worth the money!, January 8, 2008
Tomas R. Chavez (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this memory card for my girlfriend for Christmas, since the biggest memory card she had was 64 MB (I know, it's a damn shame...). We popped it into her Canon Powershot SD 750 and it worked flawlessly. Lots of room for high-res pictures, video, and anything else you want to put on it. I fully recommend this product to anyone who uses alot of space on their memory cards quickly: it will be well worth the money. Be forewarned, however: this memory card only works in HC-compatible devices, so older digital cameras may not pick it up. You might want to check with the company that developed your camera first to see if it will work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well. Expensive though., December 20, 2012
The card is good but I had to sell my girlfriend to a guy in Egypt for several Ferraris and the promise of my first born child. Also, I think he took my watch. The card is good though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of pics..., May 15, 2010
Went form the original 128K card to this. Wow. From 40 available pics to 2000+. That's great!