2,461 Reviews
 (1,902)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read , but mediocre write
I purchased the 32gb version . Its spacious and has great read speeds but the write speed is mediocre compared to my AmazonBasics 16gb microsd that gets 24MBps read and 22MBps write
Using a Transcend USB 3.0 card reader I get
On ATTO 45MBps read ; 14 MBps write
and on CrystalMark 45MBps ; 13 MBps write
Published on March 29, 2012 by Sushi Roll

2.0 out of 5 stars I am dispointed
I have this Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 30MB/s SD card. I have to say I am totally dispointed. It's SLOOOW. I did two speed tests.

First test was performed on a computer using a software named "CrystalDiskMark". I ran the test with 3 different SD cards on the same pc with same equipments and same setting.
Results:
Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 30MB/s...
Published on March 25, 2012 by Wei

2.0 out of 5 stars I am dispointed, March 25, 2012
Wei (San Francisco) - See all my reviews

Results:
Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 30MB/s SD card, Read 19.93MB/s and write 11.99MB/s.
Sandisk Extreme III 4GB class 6 SD (5 year old card), Read 18.67MB/s and write 16.67MB/s.
Transcend 16GB class 10 SD (8 month old), Read 18.74MB and write 17.25MB.

Second test was performed on Canon T3i DSLR with the same 3 SD cards tested above. In this test I set my DSLR to burst mode and TV mode with 1/50 sec. Within 30 seconds interval, I want to see how many pictures in RAW format my camera can shoot.
Results:
Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 30MB/s, 24 shots.
Sandisk Extreme III 4GB class 6, 34 shots
Transcend 16GB class 10, 33 shots.

Conclusion:
As you can see this Sandisk Ultra card havs higher read speed. I belived my card reader is max out at 20MB/s. that's why it show 19.9MB/s read speed. However for a digital camera and camcorder, the write speed is more important than the read speed. Both tests clearly show that the Sandisk Ultra only meets class 10 rating but far behind the other two cards. The cheaper Transcend card can outperform this ultra card easily in write speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read , but mediocre write, March 29, 2012
Using a Transcend USB 3.0 card reader I get
On ATTO 45MBps read ; 14 MBps write
and on CrystalMark 45MBps ; 13 MBps write

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent card, but misleading., March 7, 2012
I am giving this memory card a 5 star review because it is sufficient for virtually all HD video needs. I can record at 1080p @ 30 fps on my Canon T3i with absolutely no issues, however the speeds I received when benchmarking were nowhere near 30 mbps. For sequential read I got 18.70 MB/S and for write I got 11.75 MB/S. Now I know its advertised as up to 30 mbps reads. But I feel it may be misleading. However since it fulfills all my demands perfectly I will give it 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars No class 10 speed!, April 5, 2012
This SanDisk class 10 advertised as 30mb/s is slower than my SanDisk 8GB Ultra class 4 that I bough from Costco. This SDHC might be one of the China knockoffs, it gave me 8.56 mb/s of write speed and 10.9 mb/s of read speed (see uploaded photo for my speed test). This is nothing come close to the advertised speed of up to 30mb/s. Such a big disappointment as I expect it to be double the speed of my current SanDisk class 4 SDHC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value - Great Item, March 14, 2012
Amazon Customer (New Port Richey, FL) - See all my reviews
This was purchased as a Lightening item. I looked at the 64GB cards also, but decided that I can flip between cards for different events, instead of having to sort all my Pictures each time.
I was very impressed at the speed that this card writes. I use a Nikon D90, which can take about 4.5 photo's a second. I have not seen that speed with previous cards, but I believe I got close with this one. I wish there had not been a limit to one during the lightening deals, as I would have at least 3-4 more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Right performance for my LX5, March 31, 2012
This review is from: SanDisk Ultra 16GB SDHC Class 10/UHS-1 Flash Memory Card Speed Up To 30MB/s- SDSDU-016G-U46 (Label May Change) [Old Version] (Personal Computers)
I bought this card to replace Kingston Digital 16 GB Class 10 Flash Memory Card SD10G2/16GB on my Panasonic Lumix LX5 and difference is noticeable during HD video recording and also during multiple photo deletion from camera.

Now its almost 1 month using this card and there are no any issues.

I also like read/write performance when I use it in my PC Card-reader.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a Counterfeit Memory Card, November 1, 2012
I just bought this item here on amazon 7 days ago and I'm having a problem with my Canon T2i. Video recording stops after 4 seconds, which further research reveals is the fault of a counterfeit memory card. As soon as I read many similar stories on the net, I checked back here on Amazon to find the product page for this memory card indicate "This item is currently unavailable because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here." I sincerely hope Amazon supplies me with a new, non-counterfeit, fully functional memory card or refunds my money in full.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAILED AFTER 3 DAYS OF USE -- 8GB of vacation video LOST!!!, June 14, 2012
I am extremely disappointed in this SanDisk 16GB 30MB/sec (class 10) memory card. It was purchased two weeks ago at a retail store for my son's once-in-a-lifetime trip to the Florida Keys. He bought an identical replacement card and it works fine (so far), so it's not the video camera. The failed card is not recognized as even existing by either the camera or a computer. To add insult to injury, SanDisk recommends using LC Technologies for data recovery services - it costs a mere $225 - IF they can recover data from the card at all (no charge if they don't). However, SanDisk will replace the bad memory card itself. Golly gee, thanks.

LESSON LEARNED FOLKS: Buy a dozen smaller and less expensive 2GB or 4GB cards and use a new card EVERY DAY or when they fill up. That way you'll lose at most a day of vacation video. Or back it up to a notebook computer or iPhone EVERY NIGHT. These large cards are tempting, but when you loose half of your vacation memories through no fault of your own it is very painful! And what if it had failed on the last day of the trip?

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT 30 mb/s write :(, December 18, 2013
Disappointed with this purchase and think it's possible the card is a fake. Bought this to use with my new Canon 70D, which according

to the manual, when shooting video in ALL-I, requires 20 mb/s, so I felt this card, rated at 30 mb/s would do the trick. With in 10-20

seconds, the camera stops recording with this card :(
Using the CrystalDiskMark program, I tested the speed.
(Note, I used the same program and reader on a Extreme 32g card rated at 45 mb/s and sequential read was 44.920 mb/s and write was

43.230 mb/s, so the test should be reasonably accurate).
Total, I purchased three Ultra's from Amazon: one 32gb and two 16gb, all claiming to be rated at 30 mb/s (posting this review to all three).
The read speeds for all three were good, ranging from 43.984 to 44.458 mb/s, however, the write speed ( the important one) was way low, ranging from 10.043 to 11.546 mb/s. All three cards failed to record ALL-I video on the Canon 70D, which require 20 mb/s.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pictures Went POOF!!, October 21, 2012
Moose (Chicago Suburbs, IL) - See all my reviews
I bought the Ultra 32GB memory card by SanDisk at a Best Buy while on a trip to Idaho in August of 2011. It cost a whopping $89.00 at the time.

I took about 250 pictures, which I had been looking at checking & deleting pictures as I was shooting over a 2 day period. At Silverwood Theme park I took a few pictures of friends with the costumed Characters. I hit the arrow button to show the image and it disappeared kind of quick. I pressed the arrow button a second time and the screen read "No Images". All the pictures just vanished.

Friends tell me there is some sort of memory recovering software I could down load that may retrieve some of the lost image. I have yet to try it though.

I own many other SanDisk memorry cards and this is the first 32GB I bought. Never had a problem with the 4GB, 8GB or the 16GB memory cards...

Moose