Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on February 28, 2014
Bought from BestBuy online the day it was announced. I have tested in my Sony Xperia Z Ultra and my 12inch Samsung Pro tablet.
Both work fine. Shows 119GB available. Only issue I have is that I paid 199.99 for it :(
Best Buy will most likely match this though.
1414 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2013
Updated: 10/15/2013: I'm on my 3rd replacement card from both Amazon AND from SanDisk... (since May of this year) they've ALL failed! First two cars were in a GS3, and the 3rd went into my GS4. The GS4 just "unmounted" and "prepared card" 3 times in a row. I copied my data off this card, quickly, and pulled it. I now have a Kingston installed, and I've owned many.. never had a problem with those. After my first card dying I became MUCH better and backup up the card, which sadly was used as a backup to the internal memory in case IT failed. (Internal memory is much harder to retrieve data from than a card which can be pulled and moved, right?) Anyway... seriously, do your google-work on this card and you will find many people complaining about the same issue. SanDisk is good at "marketing a brand" but when it comes to making a quality card, they fail. And yes, there will be MANY people who have had "no problems with mine"... good for you. I look at the weakest link and also how the company approaches it. After they covered up the truth before FINALLY admitting there was an issue, I have zero faith in this company and their ability to trust them with my data.

Original Review:
I regret buying this card. This is an example of "it goes to show you that you should always google your product before buying" just to see what others are saying about it first. There is clearly something going on either with the connection of this card (32/64 versions) and these phones. They will work fine for a while until the sudden "card removed" message pops up which means that the card has failed. Personally, I think it's the card itself, not the device, unless the device is eating the cards alive. Either way, the card slowly starts to fail.. it will stop functioning for a while, then come back. That's your first warning. If this happens, get your stuff off as soon as it comes back while you can. It will slowly start to come and go.. I was fortunate to ultimately get my data off with enough patience, but lesson learned. Amazon was ultimately helpful in replacing my card even slightly out of warranty.. I will say that Sandisk will replace the card for life, however, what they can't and won't replace are the memories you lose when their card dies.

When calling sandisk customer support, they say they are unaware of any issues as was described.. well, apparently they suffer from the same issues as companies such as apple and others who also aren't aware of google and bing where there are usually pages and pages and pages of people discussing these "un-known issues"..

After talking further with SanDisk, a supervisor tells me that there IS an issue (would be nice if there was more warning from them NOT to use this card with Samsung, but of course, we don't want a bag image now do we? because their image is more important than our data.. after all, they'll send you another card, simple as that! well, no.. it's not) Anyone in the data storage business who has no concern over data integrity shouldn't be in the data storage business. Yes cards and drives and electronics do fail, but the lack of pro activeness to protect consumers vs profits isn't acceptable. Also, while SanDisk has a big name, big names don't always equal big quality.. it just means they invested enough into their marketing and made enough of the right deals to get into the market place.

I was sent a new card.. the supervisor at SanDisk tells me "personally, I'd replace your failed card with the new one, in the very rare instance that they fail, SanDisk is still a good card.. they're everywhere".. uh huh.. because they're everywhere, that makes them good? So the new card comes, it sits on the shelf.. I replaced it with a Kingston.

I also warned as many people as I could in this situation to move their data.. good call.. two more phones with this card have done the same thing, in my own circle... but remember, "I'd use a Sandisk card again" I'm told. HAH! To my friends that have these cards, I already got them to move their data off the cards and to their phones.. and made them back up. The sad thing is, some of us use these cards AS the backup because we're afraid the phones, themselves, will die with the data stuck in them. (Think iPhone with no removable internal memory.. at least an SD card can be "removed" and "moved" to a new device, a reason I dropped my iPhone for the android side)

Long story short... buy this card at your own risk. I rarely give a product a 1 star rating, however, due to the multiple failures across multiple cards, and multiple devices, in a short period of time, in unrelated cases, that were close to home.. combined with other people describing the same exact issues on the web, and the fact that it took 4 phone calls to SanDisk before someone FINALLY admitted that they were aware of the issue... it's a 1 star for not only this item, but consider it a 1 star for the company itself for taking the attitude they did as well. I could care less if this issue turns out to be an issue related only to Samsung phones or not, the fact is that if they did in fact know about it, they shouldn't install these cards in the phones knowing the potential risk of sudden failure, and should put out bulletins to the retails or state that they aren't compatible with these devices. Data is not just "data".. it's birthday parties, it's one in a life time trips, it's births of new born babies, etc. That's not just "data".. those are memories you may never get back.

For the record, back ups are made.. but when you're on a vacation, you've taken over 400 photos, and haven't even had a chance to get to your computer TO do the backup, don't sit in a chair at SanDisk and tell me the importance of data backup.. I'll tell YOU the importance of being honest to the consumer and building a product that works.

BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Personally, I'd pass this card up all together. I don't trust it and neither should you.
66 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2013
I bought this card to replace a lost 16 gig in my phone, (HTC G2). Seems to be working perfectly, so I will recommend to all. WAIT!!! read on...

I had this card in my phone for a little over a month when it messed up. The phone stop recognizing the card, tried it in the computer and it was not recognized either. I contacted San-disk and they did send me out a replacement but I lost the few pictures I had on the original card. I could have sent the card to San-disk's data recovery people and they would have charged me $275.00 if they were able to recover the data and nothing if they couldn't. A bit to rich for me so I passed and unfortunately lost the photos.
on April 14, 2014
I for one have not bought into Google's, or anybody else's, idea that streaming everything is so great. With all the regressive data caps and sketchy throughput, I never want to rely on something being available to me online. Much better to have it local. And with this new card I can finally pack all of my music (~56GB), all of my photos, dozens of reference ebooks, and a few videos to boot and still I have around 9GB free as breathing room for my podcatcher. The only real bummer with this card is the speed. Just as I got acclimated to SanDisk's 64GB Extreme Plus level of speed, going back to ordinary class 10 speed that this card has is a little painful. Luckily playing music or even playing videos doesn't oversaturate the read performance. What WILL trip you up however is doing a straightforward copy or move operation while you're listening to something. This card does not seem to handle multiple simultaneous operations without something going awry. So long as you understand it's limitations and you can live with them, the enormous amount of storage you can pack into your phone or tablet is very welcome.

So far I've used one of these in a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100, LG G Pad, and a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - all with success.
on March 13, 2013
I ordered this memory card in January. After my purchase, I read on numerous sites that these cards have issues, but was hoping it wouldn't happen to me. Today, it happened. All of my files mysteriously disappeared from the card. These were pictures that cannot be replaced. The card cannot be re-formatted and no files can be saved to the card anymore. There is also a folder on the card that cannot be deleted. I tried to reach out to Amazon to return this, but they will not allow it. PLEASE research the issues with the Sandisk 64GB class 10 cards before you buy. Sandisk is aware of this issue and has corrected it in newer batches supposedly. As a consumer, how do you know which batch you received before it is too late? I cant even return it to Sandisk since I bough it off of Amazon! Take this for what it is worth, but I would advise that you stay away from this class of card. This is a known issue on Sandisks own website with some of these cards.
77 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2014
TESTED - SDSDQUA-128G-G46A - 128GB version

I'll admit, I'm a power-user and storage-hound. While the Cloud is nice, I travel enough and work in Technology enough that there are simply things that I want access to on my devices without having to depend on a live Data Connection or without ripping through a metered Data Plan. If you yourself fit that description, then this card is worth considering.

And like anything truly new, you will (at least for now) pay the price. At $119.99 for 119.1GB (Formatted) storage, the price-per-Gig currently works out to almost exactly $1.00. Compare this to the SanDisk Ultra 64GB (which was $39.99 on Amazon at the time of this review), which runs about $0.67 per Gig and you will be paying a 33% premium for your Mobile Storage Needs.

First off, to answer the big question that everyone is asking: "Will it work with my device?" The answer is that if your device specifically states that it will support the MicroSDXC standard, it SHOULD support this card. If your device works with a 64GB MicroSD card, it will LIKELY support this card. If it doesn't support a 64GB card, then it is less likely this card will work as well. For those who are interested, I've tested this card on both a Nokia Lumia 1520 and a Microsoft Surface RT Tablet and neither had any issues recognizing and reading/writing data on it.

Speed-wise, Sandisk states speeds of up to 30MB/s and as is typical for SanDisk storage, the estimate seems a bit conservative, with my initial benchmarks speeds coming in at a bit over 43MB/s for 1,000KB sequential reads, and 40MB/s for 512KB random reads; with those numbers dropping off as the file sizes get smaller. This is approximately 20% faster than a back-to-back test against a Sandisk Ultra 64GB, which clocked in at 35MB/s using the same hardware and benchmark program.

(File Throughput Test using CrystalDiskMark ver 3.0.2 x64 via a USB 3.0 interface running on Windows 8.1 Update 1 --Best of 3 passes):

*****

Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 1.910 MB/s [ 466.3 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 2.948 MB/s [ 719.7 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.834 MB/s [ 447.7 IOPS]

*****

As for reliability, having only had the product long enough to benchmark it and test it on a few devices for compatibility, only time will tell on that one. All I can say is that historically for me SanDisk storage cards have been hands-down the best when it comes to overall reliability and I do still have 32GB MicroSD cards that are pushing 3 years with no issues.

So, for now the SDSDQUA-128G-G46A gets a big thumbs-up from me.

UPDATE:

I've been using the card in a Nokia Lumia 1520 for approximately two weeks now and product continues to work great. Having this much offline storage for PP Presentations, Music, Videos, and Documentation has given me a mobile device that means I rarely feel the need to pull out a Laptop or Tablet while on the "Business Run".
on March 21, 2014
So I got this SD specifically for my GoPro Black 3+, simply hoping it would work since the GoPro manual says "use cards up to 64gb" and the SanDisk says it's good for cell phones and tablets, yet doesn't mention the GoPro.
Well, turns out it works perfect! And although I haven't tried it on other devices, I think if it works flawlessly on the GoPro, it will work even better on anything else...

So at first I thought maybe since it's only 30mbps there may be frame rate issues with recording (even though I knew that shouldn't be the case). Well after popping it in, the GoPro says 9hr14min (1080p super view video) which is insane. I put it on my helmet and took it for a spin. When I came home after spending the day on the bike, the HD quality was spectacular (granted it's all thanks to the camera itself), but it was smooth, with zero frame rate issues. The only flaw is the semi long time it takes to copy files to your hard drive as it copies at only 30mbps, but honestly that's really no big deal and totally worth it still.

Bottom line, this SD plus the GoPro 3+ is the best camera combination for your money.

P.S. It's small, simple, durable, and has no lock feature (which I always found to be an annoyance anyway).

Any questions please feel free to comment, and I will do my best to answer.
on September 23, 2012
SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter SDSDQUA-064G-U46A
I bought this for my new Samsung Galaxy S III that I just got this week. I read a bunch of reviews here at Amazon before I bought, and it did seem a little risky judging by some of the reviews, but I decided to go ahead and get it because the price is just so good, plus I had two more days of Amazon Prime, so shipping was free.

Despite the poor reviews here, I personally had no problem whatsoever with it. I didn't have to do a single thing except to insert the card into it's slot on my new phone! Of course, I pulled the battery before inserting the card and used appropriate care. As soon as the phone powered up, it "saw" the card, recognized it, formatted it & it showed up as having something like 59.4 Gigs available. I have not done any official testing w/memory test software or anything like that, but I just wanted to share my experience with the product in case anyone else out there is thinking about purchasing it.
66 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2012
Bought this card for my Galaxy s3. After a while it started behaving weird. While in the phone it would constantly say "SD Card removed" and then "SD Card being prepared." It finally gave out after a while and was either not recognized by the phone at all or showed up as "Blank SD Card." Its weird because I've been using a Kingston 4 GB MicroSD Card since and haven't had any issues. So if your buying this for a Galaxy S3, beware. God bless Amazon's customer service.
1212 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2012
I hate that I have to experience this. The card failed after about a month of use on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I lost so many memorable pictures & video. I tried on my wife's SGS3 & laptop and still didn't recognize.

I bought a card and it fail me, so 1 star for the product.

Note:
- Amazon policy for only 30 days. So you can't return it to Amazon to get a full refund or replacement.
- Contact SanDisk and they will replace your card, just be patient when contacting them through live chat. I got transferred for 2 times.
- SanDisk will give you prepaid shipping label.
- I'm waiting for my replacement card.
- With this experience I'm kind of hesitate to put important files on the card. Just be careful.
- Back up your files often within the first 3 months, my two cents.