Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

Package Quantity: 1Style Name: classicChange

on April 6, 2011
I purchased two of these memory cards from seller "Everything But Stromboli" via Both were genuine SanDisk cards and appeared to be new as promised. Some sellers are selling fake SanDisk cards so be cautious to make sure that the seller you choose is not cheating you with a cheaper substitute.

I ran a thorough analysis on my cards and all 31,914,983,424 bytes of each card were "verified" with zero errors (it took slightly over 6 hours per card for this test!!!). The formatted capacity in a Motorola Droid X phone was 29.66 GB (which is normal for a 32 GB card---the formatted capacity is normally a little less than the unformatted capacity). Note: You should always format your card in your phone (NOT your computer) before you start using it. This is true even if your card came preformatted.

I tested the write speed of the cards and they were around 5.4 MB/s (megabytes per second) which exceeds the 4 MB/s minimum for a Class 4 card. SanDisk has a reputation for rating the speed of its cards conservatively and this is definitely the case here. By the way, I have a couple of "Class 2" SanDisk cards that are even faster than these Class 4 cards.

Further testing revealed that a Droid X (running Android 2.2.1) takes longer to mount a 32 GB card than a smaller card. Evidently the larger the capacity of the card, the longer it takes the phone to "prep" the card for mounting. This is probably because the FAT (file allocation table) is larger. I think this is normal and buyers should expect this from a larger card. The delay is noticeable when the phone is turned on and when the phone is connected to a computer via a USB cable in "Mass Storage" mode.

I also noticed that my computer seemed to sometimes have trouble mounting the card via USB cable while it was in the phone ("Mass Storage" mode). I think this may be a result of the Droid X taking a little longer to mount/unmount such a large card---perhaps the computer times out while waiting for the phone to unmount the card. A simple solution was to toggle the phone's USB mode to "Charge only" and then back to "Mass Storage" while still connected to the USB port of the computer. By the way, there was never any problem mounting the card when it was removed from the phone and connected directly to the computer via a microSDHC-to-USB adapter. However, I prefer NOT to remove a memory card from a phone unless it is necessary because they are fragile and easily damaged.

These are great memory cards and I'm very happy with my transaction with Everything But Stromboli on

Kind regards, D.Harris
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is another micro-SD card for which the product image shows a Class 4 card, but the description states that it is actually a slower class 2 card. (This seems to be a bit of an endemic problem among SD and micro-SD cards.)

This isn't NECESSARILY a problem, if class 2 is fast enough for your needs. There is no part number provided, so one would have to contact the actual seller to confirm whether this really is a class 2 or a class 4 card. But if it's a class 2 card, you can buy SanDisk 32GB Class 2 cards from other sellers more than 25% cheaper than this one. If you really need Class 4, search right here for part number SDSDQM-032G, which really IS a Class 4 card, and is sold by a number of Amazon vendors (oddly, including this vendor, Everything But Stromboli) for a lower price than Everything But Stromboli wants for this card.

Bottom line: There is no valid reason to buy this specific card, when you can get higher-speed cards of the same brand and capacity for less money even from the same Amazon seller. Play safe: ALWAYS check the actual part number, and if the seller doesn't provide a part number, pick a different item or a different seller that does. Be sure what you're buying.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2012
I was really concerned about all the negative reviews and many claiming they received a knock off micro sd card. I read hundred of reviews and based on feedback and a 99% rating I bought my Sandisk 32 gb class 4 micro sdhc from Calvin N Hobbs. I ordered it about 11:30 PM on 7/17/2012 and received it about 3:30 pm on 7/20/2012. Now that is fast shipping! I also wanted to let everyone know it is a genuine card with the serial number on the front of the card. It did not come with the 8"x11" red retail card with the blister pack, probably due to the size for shipping a tiny card & adapter in a 2"x 2" case. The micro card & adapter came in a small plastic Sandisk case in a small padded envelope. I formatted it and loaded about 25gb of pictures/video and music and it works great in my Archos Tablet. Read an write speeds are typical of the cards I bought at best buy for much more. It exceeds the class 4 base standards and much faster than the 8gb A-data it replaced. There are so many sellers on Amazon, be sure to do a little research before you order. Calvin N Hobbs sells OEM genuine cards. They weren't the cheapest.... it did cost me about $0.12 cent more to get a genuine card.
on August 28, 2011
Arrived quick, popped it in my new android smartphone, dumped a ton of video / music / apps onto it and couldn't be happier. I recommend the product and the supplier.
on October 11, 2011
I didn't need the adapter. Card is working perfectly in my wife's HTC Inspire and is holding a huge amount of music, pictures and files
on February 3, 2013
Bought this for a Samsung Galaxy SIII phone, and it worked great. Remember to put the card in your phone and plug your phone into your computer to correctly format the card. Then copy and paste and ready!
on August 28, 2013
Purchased this item at Christmas and it has already stopped working. I had it in my Samsung Galaxy Player and when the 32 Gig card crashed I lost all of my music and other important files. Never had a SanDisk item fail, very unhappy with this product. I did contact SanDisk warranty but there hasn't been any response from them yet. I will be using Samsung or Kingston in the future.

Update: 8-29-13

I received an email from SanDisk today stating >>"Also I would inform you that SanDisk has been made aware of potential product issues involving a very small percentage of its 32GB and 64GB SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSD cards. Under certain circumstances the cards may lock up and the card becomes inaccessible. The issue has been identified and a manufacturing fix has already been put in place."

This is the same problem we had with the standard 32GB Micro SD Card. I purchased one of the 32GB Ultra cards so I guess I will be having more issues in the future.
on July 13, 2013
My 3 friends and I purchase several SanDisk SD Memory cards (including this SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC) from several vendors (Online and LOCAL). All 4 of us had the SanDisk Memory cards completely FAIL TO BE RECOGNISED at about 6 months of use. TOTAL DATA LOSS!!! It is like you didn`t even insert the card in the device. One of my friends is a professional computer systems engineer and managed to get a replacement card from SanDisk. That was after over a week of going online to the manufacturer and resubmitting to many duplicate automated email questions from SanDisk. as he put it, "Hardly worth all that effort." I personally plan NOT to buy any more SanDisk Memory Products. For that much money IT SHOULD SIMPLY WORK FOR YEARS NOT MONTHS.
on September 23, 2011
I've owned this for about a month now, I put it in my Blackberry Bold 9930. I have no complaints so far, it was a reasonable price for a 32 GB drive. I've put many pictures on it already and it is holding up. Overall, I recommend this product.
on August 13, 2012
I bought this to use as a memory stick for my Android phone. I have since been through two phones with this card and it works well. 32GB is a heck of a lot of space - it's the largest amount of memory that the 1st generation iPads had. Whether you listen to MP3's, carry along a photo album that physically would be the size of an encyclopedia set, download every app you see from the play store, or you just have a lot of "heavy" files, this is your card - if you're planning on purchasing class 2 memory and that memory is what your phone needs.

But I have a big problem with this particular listing (not the brand, but the listing itself) as of August 13th 2012.

The PRODUCT PHOTO SHOWS CLASS 4 MEMORY CARD, which has a faster data tranfer rate and is more expensive than what you will actually receive.

The product detailed in the product details text - which is hidden until you click on it - clearly states CLASS 2. If the merchant would readjust the image to reflect exactly that which an Amazon customer would receive, he or she would probably get better reviews. Back when I purchased this item, I believe the photos matched the description.

But back to performance. After more than a year or so of use this card's still kicking. Can't complain about that. SD makes a good product, and if anything went wrong I know I have a manufacturer I can apply the "squeaky wheel" treatment to. Thankfully it's working as a charm, so the customer service reps at SanDisk can rest easy for another day. The Amazon, vendor, however, needs to be more cautious and exercise some ethical agency by replacing the stock photo.