on July 12, 2012
Size Name: SanDisk 64GB Class 10 w/ USBVerified Purchase
I was looking for a 32GB class 10 micro SD card at first. I was unsure if a 64GB would work. I decided to look anyways since I really wanted a larger storage capacity for my Samsung Galaxy S3. I found a couple that interested me. One was a class 6 and this one which is a class 10. I then thought that A class 6 would work fine for me and it was about $40 less than this class 10. As I read reviews from both, they seemed to be equally good, but then I figured that I might as well go for this one which would help me transfer files, photos and music a little quicker. Also, the camera in the Galaxy S3 is great and it just made more sense to me to get the class 10 over the 6 which helps the camera in HD video and photos.
When I got the card I right away put it in the phone. I wanted to see if the phone recognized it right away or if I was going to first have to format it. The phone recognized the card immediately. It shows 59.8GB available. I then took out the card and inserted it in my laptop so I can transfer everything that I originally had on my older card. I was afraid after doing that the phone would have difficulty reading the card. Well, the card worked great. All my information was in there and now have a total of 73GB available including my phones memory.
If you have a Galaxy S3 and have been wondering if this will work well with the phone, it does. I would recommend this for anyone who really wants to add a good amount of memory with good speed as well.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 22, 2011
Size Name: Samsung 64GB Class 10Verified Purchase
I ordered this 64gb micro SD card because my music collection is simply too large to fit on the 32gb card I had in my android phone. This new card doesn't disappoint. You lose about 4gb due to the vagaries of the FAT32 format, but that's to be expected. The net result is for $160 I have a phone with 76 gb of space (70 useable after file system reserves), which outdoes almost anything on the market.

What is absolutely great is that the card works in some older android phones, even though the manufacturers have not promised it will. I am using it in my Samsung Galaxy S, which is supposedly limited to handling only a 32gb card, but it works great. When you pop it in, you have to format it, and after that it's treated exactly like any other card, but with more space. I've read elsewhere that the card will work with a number of other older android phones, but I recommend you look into it before buying one.

This is way better than having to buy a $900 phone because I needed more space.

A word about speed: I'm only using this card for music. I believe it is fast, but I haven't tried any situation that demands the speed, so I really don't know.

Overall, if you need the space, I highly recommend this card.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 27, 2012
Size Name: SanDisk 64GB Class 10 w/ USBVerified Purchase
Okay, I bought this for my girlfriend as an early Christmas gift since her iPod died. She didn't want to buy a new one and I thought it'd be easier this way. She owns a Galaxy S III. I'll list the pros and cons, then write a quick tutorial on how to get this working in your android phone. Note: seller and shipping details aren't a part of this review. those are seller/shipping feedbacks. note: not all android phones can handle 64gb cards. do some google searching before you buy this card for your phone to make sure your phone can handle it.

Pros
1. comes in exfat, which is really nifty for people who buy phones that support that out of the box.
2. 64gb storage is awesome, holds quite a bit of music (enough to replace an ipod, that's for sure)
3. comes with some awesome accessories. Including two different adapters (SD card adapter, USB adapter) to connect the microSD card to the computer.
4. If needed, it's easy to reformat.
5. SanDisk is a trustworthy brand for these types of items.
6. Class 10 is faster than those awful class 4 cards.
7. After a month, no issues with the card. Works fine.

Cons
1. comes in exfat, which sucks if your phone doesn't support it out of the box.
2. it can be a pain to get out of the SD card adapter (like no really, find someone with fingernails)
3. I don't like the red and gray color scheme (yes, I'm reaching for cons, this is a great card)

Okay, here's the thing. exFat is still being tinkered with on Android, so it's not going to work for everyone. Here is how I fixed the problem:

1. Download the AOMEI Parition Assistant Home Version (the free one). Google search "AOMEI Partition Assistant", should be the first link.
2. Put the MicroSD card into the SD card adapter (or the USB adapter) and plug it into the computer.
3. Install and open Partition Assistant. You should see your computer hard drives and the MicroSD card listed.
4. Select the MicroSD card in the top box.
5. In the left margin (bottom box), select "Format Partition".
6. A box will pop up. Put "SD Card" (without quotes) in the first box, select "Fat32" in the second box and leave the cluster size alone.
7. Click the "Apply" button at the top left.
8. Once it's done, open up your newly formatted SD card while it's still on the computer and add some random folders and files.
9. Place it back into your phone while the power is off. Then turn the phone on.
10. ...?
11. Profit

Yes, Fat32 means you don't have support for files over 4GB. That sucks, but frankly I wouldn't be watching BluRay videos on my 720p phone anyway. I'd be watching them on my 1080p TV or computer monitor. So to each their own. Hope this helps!
on November 21, 2011
Size Name: Samsung 64GB Class 10Verified Purchase
I received the item and it works flawlessly in my Galaxy S2. It did however take quite a while to transfer 52gb of music.
on June 26, 2012
Size Name: SanDisk 64GB Class 10 w/ USBVerified Purchase
Compatibility was on my main concern when purchasing this, and its not very easy to find out which devices will work with it or not. After formatting this card FAT32 it has 59.45G available space, and works just fine on my MOTOROLA XOOM Android Tablet (10.1-Inch, 32GB, Wi-Fi).
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 22, 2012
Size Name: Samsung 64GB Class 10Verified Purchase
One reviewer suggested this would work in an Asus Transformer TF300. It would not work for me in that device. It also would not work in a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2.

A more troubling issue is the fact that the delivered item did not look like the item pictured on the site. For some reason, although it is to have 64gb of storage, it is labelled as an SDHC. An SDHC card cannot have 64gb of storage.

There is something amiss here in the production of this item. Better to stay with the better known names.

My concerns with Komputerbay are not directed at Amazon, who dealt very fairly with my concerns.
Size Name: Samsung 64GB Class 10Verified Purchase
I remember being thrilled at holding 1.44 MB in my shirt pocket. I used to walk a mile through 20 feet of snow, barefooted, uphill both ways to get my files transferred. Now I can hold 64 GB in something no larger than my fingernail, and fill it up with stuff in less than an hour.

This product solved all of my problems - world hunger, poverty, war, and a lack of space to put my content on my Android device's internal storage.

Transferred 10 GB to it from a Windows XP machine in a mere 12 minutes. That would've taken all day on any lesser card!

Tested with Galaxy Note 2 at ludicrous speed. I can't put my applications on it, but that's Android's fault.

Couldn't beat the price for this class of device. Will definitely buy from these guys again. Keep up the good work!
on October 2, 2012
Size Name: SanDisk 64GB Class 10 w/ USB
listing as class 10.
part number not for the class 10 model!
I returned it after I was sent a class 6!
I had to pay return postage
they seem to mismanage their inventory and mix up their listings.
don't trust a company that labels their product "NEW MODEL" for months and has mixed part numbers

you can find the genuine product elsewhere on Amazon for cheaper often sold by and fulfilled by Amazon itself

opinion

I wouldn't be surprised to learn they were shipping counterfeits or factory rejects
on June 27, 2012
Size Name: Samsung 64GB Class 10Verified Purchase
The Micros SD card came with an SD adapter allowing it to be used in any slot whether a micro on a phone or SD on a notepad. Shipping was fast and as always the purchase was easy.
on April 12, 2012
Size Name: SanDisk 64GB with USBVerified Purchase
The card is working perfectly in my Galaxy S2. Just format it in the phone and it will show up as 59.46GB total space. Be aware that having a huge SD card with thousands of MP3s will make your phone boot up more slowly, due to the time taken by the media scan.

The included card reader is compact, has caps on both ends, and accepts the micro-SD card directly (no need to use the included adapter).

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations