5.0 out of 5 stars Save your money if you don't have a recent camera body
I've done some write benchmarks on the 16GB version of this card and others with my Canon 40D. Here are the results:

SanDisk Extreme 60 MB/s 16GB (400X)
17 RAW, 17 seconds to clear

SanDisk Extreme III 30 MB/s 8GB (200X)
18 RAW, 17 seconds to clear

Lexar Pro 1GB 133X
20 RAW, 16 seconds to clear

Kingston Ultimate 4...
Published on April 19, 2012 by D. Alexander

2.0 out of 5 stars Used with new Canon 7D, became corrupted
Published on September 3, 2010 by Nice Guy

5.0 out of 5 stars Save your money if you don't have a recent camera body, April 19, 2012
This review is from: SanDisk SDCFX-032G-A61 32 GB Extreme CompactFlash Memory Card 60MB/S (Personal Computers)

SanDisk Extreme 60 MB/s 16GB (400X)
17 RAW, 17 seconds to clear

SanDisk Extreme III 30 MB/s 8GB (200X)
18 RAW, 17 seconds to clear

Lexar Pro 1GB 133X
20 RAW, 16 seconds to clear

Kingston Ultimate 4 GB 133X
19 RAW, 21 seconds to clear

Kingston High Speed 1024 MB 80X
18 RAW, 37 seconds to clear

For this circa-2007 DSLR, no card over 133X improves write speeds. No benefit was expected; cameras of this vintage max out at about 12 MB/s.

For more recent bodies, head directly to Rob Galbraith's CF/SD/XQD database. He's tested every significant Canon and Nikon camera since October 2008, starting with Canon's 50D and Nikon's D90, with every significant memory card.

* A few general notes:

There are speed variances even among cards of equal rating. Brand matters. Cameras from Canon, Nikon, and Sony perform best with cards from SanDisk and Lexar. Other brands, even if capable of rated speed in a card reader, tend not to rival those two in-camera.

Card-to-computer transfer rates will be limited by the card reader interface or the camera. Most cameras directly connected to a computer send data at 10-15 MB/s. With card readers, USB 2.0, the most common interface, caps out at about 30 MB/s. Firewire 800 is about three times as fast and will max out this card, as will USB 3.0 and IDE/SATA converters. As well, all CF cards rated for 30 MB/s or more support UDMA.

* Are higher-rated cards faster?

Autofocus, turn-on speed, JPEG writes, movie recording, image review, maximum framerate, and so on are almost completely unaffected by faster cards. Movie recording at 1080p/30 takes just 5-10 MB/s. The sole benefit to a higher rating with a modern camera is reduced buffer clearing time with continuous high-speed raw. Put another way, the card speed only matters after you've banged off those first 20 raw shots at 6-8 fps. I have to list a caveat for certain older bodies; Sony's A850 and A350 from 2009 and 2008, and perhaps other DSLRS not from Canon or Nikon, will have delayed image review with slow cards.

Raw throughput is limited by the camera's processing hardware. Through 2008, most DSLRs maxed out under 15 MB/s. From 2008 to 2011, all but Canon's 7D and 1D IV peaked at around 35 MB/s (e.g., Canon 50D, Canon 5D II, Nikon D300, Nikon D3). Now in 2012, a number of cameras (e.g., Nikon D800, Nikon D4, Canon 1D X, Canon 5D III) reach 70 MB/s or more.

Cards faster than the camera's processing hardware may perform better, but not in proportion to their rating. Canon's 7D manages 24/41/58 MB/s with 200/400/1000X cards, respectively. The same cards with Nikon's D3S yield 24/36/42 MB/s. These diminishing returns apply doubly with SD-based cameras. Nikon's D7000 only writes 20% faster with a 650X card over a 200X card.

Unless you're riding right on the edge of the camera's raw buffer with continuous shooting, you'll never notice these differences. This 60 MB/s (400X) card is for you if you have a recent semi-professional or professional body and regularly hit a buffer limit in raw, or you shoot so much with any camera that card-to-computer times slow your workflow. Everyone else can spend less on the 30 MB/s (200X) version of same.

Please leave a comment if you intend to downvote, I do try to be accurate and I'd much rather know the issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and large CF card, January 2, 2010
I upgraded from my 20MB/s 8GB card when I got my new Canon 7D camera. The new camera takes pictures approximately 30mb per image, at 6 pictures per second. This card does not lag unless I shoot dozens of pictures in a burst.

I take pictures at concerts and tend to take bursts of 2-6 pictures every few seconds (lighting changes fast and people move fast). This card works amazingly well with my camera, I highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Used with new Canon 7D, became corrupted, September 3, 2010
Brand new card, brand new camera, very important backpack travel. The card has huge capacity, allowing (according to the camera) over 500 jpeg-plus-RAW images (over 40 Mb combined). With over half the card filled, the camera suddenly stopped recognising the card. My USB card reader also failed to recognise it. Luckily I had two spare 4 Gb cards and completed the trip. One recovery service recovered only partial files, but a software package available online recovered everything. The card's directory probably got wiped. I have heard there may be an issue with these super large capacity cards. I will now only use it for storage. (Side note: be leary of recovery services who see 32GB and want to charge $1000 (one saying "Sandisk has encryption which makes it more difficult"). The software I got cost $50 for a permanent license.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing cards for the current crop of digital cameras., March 11, 2010
Whether you're shooting a short video on your new DSLR or fashion with a medium format digital back, this card has you covered. It's fast and spacious so all you have to worry about is shooting and not changing cards. With a 21mp camera, you can expect about 1000 raw files.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, even works with the Canon 20D, May 26, 2010
S. Smith "Quality counts" (West Chester, Pa United States) - See all my reviews
Short story: the card is superb. If you are thinking of buying it, don't hesitate. But, after you click "this review was helpful", do an amazon search. This card is listed twice on Amazon. The other listing is about [...] cheaper for the identical card. Search for this:

SanDisk Extreme - Flash memory card - 32 GB - 400x - CompactFlash

Long story: Capacity is just shy of 30GB due to overhead. It it is v e r y fast; your camera will be the bottleneck, not this card! I tested in in 2 cameras: a newer Canon and an older Canon 20D. To my surprise, the large capacity works well with older cameras! Used with new cameras, there's nothing to know other than it is fast and works as expected. Thus, the remainder of this review will be from the standpoint of the older Canon 20D.

I had been using an 4 year old Lexar Pro 8GB 133x WA (back then, fast and high tech & costly). The performance of the 20D has actually been greatly improved using this card. To the point, I would recommend upgrading to any brand of 400x card even if you don't need the storage. There are no negative surprises but a few caveats to know for large cards in older cameras...

If you use large cards in older cameras, follow one simple rule: If the card is over 8GB, do not format it in the camera. It will be reduced to an 8GB card. If you ignore this rule, go to download dot com and search for this app: HP disk storage format tool

Because... Neither the camera nor Windoze can restore the card (not explorer, not disk admin, not XP pro, and not win7 entprise 64bit). But, the free HP utility is perfect. Newer cameras can format past 8gb. PS: I used a [...] usb card reader from Amaz to format mine: The Kingston 19-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only choice for DSLR Video, July 29, 2010
I have this unit as well as the 16GB version. Both get heavy use with my Canon 5D Mark II and perform without a hitch. I would recommend investing in a firewire 800 CF reader. You will thank me later for the time this saves during transfers of your large files. I have never had a SanDisk card fail on me unlike other brands I have tried over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars 32Gb Sandisk, January 27, 2010
Ban Nguyen (Cerritos, California United States) - See all my reviews
Sandisk 32GB 60MB/sec compact flash card is a good product. I went on vacation for 11 days. I took at leatd 4000 pictures and video using my new Canon 7D. The CF card performed beautifully. I really like this card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, very large, June 7, 2010
Branden (Northern California) - See all my reviews
I purchased this to use the 1080p HD video feature of the Canon EOS 5D MkII camera. This cards works great, and I'm able to long HD videos at full quality with none of the stuttering or missed frames I was seeing with slower cards.

Further, I am able to set the camera shooting mode to continuous and hold down the shutter with no problems. I've gotten up to 30 seconds at the 5D's 3.9fps with zero issues. This gives me awesome flexibility for shooting fast-paced events.

And obviously, the storage size on this card is simply huge. I love seeing my camera's display always saying "999" photos remaining (the largest number the 5D will show).

I would definitely purchase this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and fast CF card, February 1, 2012
I bought this card for my my wife for Christmas for use in her Canon 50D. She had been using the SanDisk Extreme 8GB card but had run into some capacity issues when shooting in JPEG /RAW formats, particularly on longer trips. I had concerns about the number of photos that she can fit onto the card between downloads and effectively putting a lot of eggs into one basket, but to date the card has not had any hiccups at all. We took the card on a trip with our kids during the holidays and my wife loved not needing to worry about running out of storage space. The photos transferred quickly and didn't slow down shooting in bursts at all. Because the 50D doesn't shoot video I can't speak to it's video capability.

I would definitely recommend this card for anyone looking for the convenience of having a very large amount of storage in one place.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for 7D and best VALUE per gig, December 5, 2011
This card is fast and RELIABLE, I almost went for the transcend 600x (90mb/s) cards, but after extensive research and feasibility analysis, these cards provide the best bang for the buck. I bought 4 of them and will upgrade to the sandisk extreme pro UDMA7 cards once the 5D mark 3 in out and UDMA7 is more affordable ;)

For reliability, cost per gb, and speed, there is no other card out there as of Dec 2011 that trumps in terms of VALUE. Also, trusted brands offer peace of mind.... I have had sandisk cards in the past and never experienced failure