Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on October 27, 2011
Capacity:
The actual capacity of the formatted card is 30GB not 32GB. This is due to the way the industry rounds down the actual bytes. Instead of 1024 being a megabyte that call 1000 a megabyte. Add that up over a 32gb card and you lose 2GB of perceived storage. Despite that I can still capture more than a thousand RAW images on the card which can be a game changer when photographing a wedding.

Speed:
This card averages just under 2MB/s write speed advantage over my SanDisk 8GB Extreme IV - Compact Flash memory card (Retail Packaging) (45MB/s) card.

File Transfer:
Copying files to the computer is actually I again average almost 2MB/s increase over the 45Mb card in real world use. Using a Kingston 19-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader FCR-HS219/1.

Considering I paid almost as much for my 8GB card two or so years ago the 32GB card is a superb value and as always it comes with Sandisk's limited lifetime warranty. Which I have never actually had to put to use in all the years I have been using Sandisk cards. With my first card being an old but whopping 32MB card. :)

UPDATE: Note that I have rewritten my review as of 11/11/11. The reason being is that my first 32gb card was actually a counterfeit purchased from an unreputable seller on ebay. I have also uploaded a gallery image of the performance tests.

IMPORTANT: If your Sandisk card does not come new in a retail package Sandisk will not honor the warranty and it is likely a counterfeit with questionable performance and reliability. Buyer Beware!
review image
on January 27, 2010
Sandisk 32GB 60MB/sec compact flash card is a good product. I went on vacation for 11 days. I took at leatd 4000 pictures and video using my new Canon 7D. The CF card performed beautifully. I really like this card.
I bought three of these to use with my Canon XF100, and they've all worked great. They record video just fine, even at the highest speed of 50MB/s. I've used them extensively while recording video for a documentary shoot - filling each of them several times and then reformatting to start over, and I haven't had any problems with them.

Unless you plan to transfer videos or other files by hooking the camera or camcorder or other device to the computer, it's a good idea to pick up an adapter like the Transcend P8 15-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP8K (Black). I bought one along with these and it makes it very easy to upload files to my computer for backup and editing.

In part, my positive response to the SanDisk comes from the fact I've had a bad experience with a different brand. I'd also purchased a couple of Kingston CompactFlash Ultimate 600x 32 GB Flash Drives at the same time - and while this may be anecdotal, and may be due to a dud, I kept getting recording errors with the Kingstons. I haven't had any problems like that with the SanDisk - so when I decided to return and replace my Kingston, I bought another one of these. I've been quite happy with it.
on December 1, 2011
I've been using these cards professionally in my 5dmkii for video applications for about 6 months now. Not a single failure or clogged/slow media write. Don't cheat yourself, buy a reliable card and keep your camera ready for shooting.

NOTE: I haven't used the newest 90MB/s cards. Canon 5dmkii video has a data rate around 40-50Mbit/s (5 or 6 MB/s), leaving plenty of headroom in this cheaper 60MB/s card.
on March 25, 2013
After upgrading to a Canon 5d Mark III full frame camera, I found that the 8GB disks were filling up too fast. You don't want to. press the shutter button and get a "card full" message! By the time you fumble around in your pockets and find another card, turn the camera off, install the card and safely put the full card away, you've probably missed the shot you were going for. I was going to wait for the price of the 32 GB card to come down (which is inevitable), but an upcoming trip to Machu Picchu and Galapagos convinced me that the card is needed now. Now I can shoot all day without running out of memory. The card is fast, though I haven't done any side by side comparisons. I just know that even when I'm shooting in burst mode the card can keep up with the camera.

Update: My camera also has a second card slot for an SD card, and I used that card as a back-up when my primary SanDisk CF card was nearly full. The SD card is significantly slower as compared to this extremely fast CF card. When using the SD card shooting in auto-bracketing mode (5 images back to back), or in continuous shooting mode, the camera would slow down and wait for the buffer to empty before allowing me to shoot any other images !
on April 26, 2012
The SanDisk 32GB compact flash card is the workhorse of my video camera. I'm using a Canon XF100 camera (which I also reviewed here on Amazon) to make short subject videos and the SanDisk CF cards are doing a great job. The camera is recording at 50MB/s, getting close to the capability of this card. It has never let me down through heavy use, which includes recording to near full capacity and then deleting and recording again, sometimes twice a day. At the time of this writing, I've made more than 100 videos using the SanDisk CF cards to store the raw footage and they've worked perfectly, without a single incident. My camera allows for "hot swapping" of the cards because it has two slots. I was worried about a data error when removing a card, but it has worked great every time. I highly recommend this brand for this application. I also have the 16GB size.
on April 1, 2010
I bought this for my new Canon 7D. It holds more than 1000 25 MB raw images at formatted capacity, and it has no problem keeping up with recording HD video. You can see the performance difference between it and the Ultra II cards I was using with my 20D, there is a notable difference in time emptying the buffer of the camera to the card. A big difference when you are shooting raw at 8 fps and need to wait before you can shoot the next round. When shooting large jpegs, I have yet to be able to fill the buffer to the point where the camera makes me wait.
on December 19, 2012
I have a number of Compact Flash Cards because I have always practiced not overusing any one card too long. I love the speed of this card and I plan to purchase the 64GB card so that I can do longer video when I purchase the Canon 6D which allows 29m59s of continuous video at a time.
on January 6, 2012
I purchased this because my 8 GB card wasn't enough. This 32 GB card is well built, fast, and reliable. That's about all I can say! You won't be disappointed. It works very well with both photos and HD video.
on May 29, 2014
Having purchased a few of these CF cards that failed, and having suffered the problems that a failed card bring, I really appreciate the quality and integrity of this card. It ALWAYS works. It always works perfectly, and for me that is a matter of success or failure. I use it constantly, and I appreciate the quality of the SanDisk product.