Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Capacity: 8 GBPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

on March 25, 2008
This memory card from Sandisk works just as expected. The quality of the pictures loses nothing and yet the amount of photos stored is immense!

Note: Be aware that not every digital camera has the capability to read memory cards above a certain ceiling (my Canon Powershot SD630 can only read memory cards up to 2gb), so make sure your camera is capable.

I use this memory card for my Canon Powershot G7. With the shooting function on Manual, recording pixels at M1 (2816x2112, enough quality for an 8x10 printout), compression at Superfine, I can take a max of 1915 photos or 64'50" of video at 1024 High Resolution. At around $50, this is a good price, although I'm sure in 10 years we'll have 1tb memory cards for the same inexpensive price and this comment will be scoffed at for being sooo from the '00's.

I'd recommend this product to anyone who will be traveling for an extensive time and won't have the chance to dock to a computer and upload their pictures.
1010 comments277 of 292 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2008
It's a fine product, and it works just fine in products that support the SDHC format. However, be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN your product (be it a digital camera, memory card reader or--in my case--the Palm T|X PDA which for some STRANGE reason doesn't read it) reads it. Just because your device is new doesn't necessarily mean that it will recognize SDHC cards (as opposed to the older SD cards).

If your device recognizes SDHC cards, then by all means go forth and thrash. You won't find a better card for the price.
44 comments91 of 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2008
Please note that this is a Class 2 card (Class 6 is the current "top of the line"). Class 2 transfers two mega-thingies per second rather than the six mega-thingies per second for Class 6 cards.

This transfer rate is fine for most devices, but takes 3 times as long to copy files back and forth from your computer.

Please also note that older card readers are not able to handle SDHC (HC stands for "High Capacity"). Some card readers are good for only 1 GB, some go up to 2 GB or 4 GB, but only the latest generations are capable of 8 GB.

Lastly, if you are using Windows XP, you may need to either add Service Pack 3 or add a patch before the high capacity card can be recognized by your system.

I recommend adding the patch rather than SP3. Some things haven't been working quite right since I installed the latest service pack from Microsoft - you may not wish to take that chance...
1111 comments676 of 747 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2008
I recently bought a Kindle and wanted the extra storage space for books. The Kindle manual states that is uses SD cards, but didn't specify if it could use SDHC cards too.

After chatting with a few people in the Kindle Discussion room, I found that others are succesfully using SDHC cards in their Kindle's, but Amazon Kindle Tech Support told me that they will not support SDHC cards at this time, should they fail.

So being an avid reader, I took the chance and ordered the SanDisk 8GB SDHC card and it works like a champ in the Kindle. I've loaded 7 books to it already and can read and write to it without a problem. Be aware though, that only 7.3 GB of space is available on the card for storage when used in the Kindle.

I have had no problems with any of the SanDisk SD, SD Micro, or XD cards I've purchased over the years. They are reliable & durable and I will continue to purchase this brand again in the future.
0Comment39 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2011
The Sandisk brand of flash memory cards seems to be the best all-around quality. This particular card is a good value, I paid around $12 for it. It arrived in bulk packaging, meaning without a re-useable case. The newer Sandisk cards are black, so I assume this blue card is a year or two old model, but that's okay. I have had a few failures with Transcend and Kingston memory cards, but all of the Sandisk cards I own are still working, even the oldest ones. This Class 4 card will give adequate performance for capturing stills in any digital camera that uses SDHC cards, and it will capture Standard Definition (640 x 480) video. It might not be fast enough to record High Def video in some cameras, but in my Canon 60D, I have been able to shoot full HD videos up to three minutes long with no problems. This probably pushed the card to it's limits, as the User manual for the 60D clearly states that a Class 6 card is recommended as the minimum for HD video. A class 10 SD card is probably the best choice for HD video cameras, but beware of the cheaper Class 10 cards; some of these are labeled as Class 10, but don't actually deliver enough read/write speed for HD video.

Note on HD video recording capacity and cost. My Canon 60D needs 355 megabytes, more or less, per minute of HD video, so an 8 gb SD card will hold only about 22 minutes worth of video clips, with 4 gb being the maximum size of any single clip. That's three 8 gb cards for 1 hour of HD video; cost is about $90 for class 10 cards. By comparison, the Canon HV-40 HD camcorder stores a full hour of HD video on a single Mini-DV tape that costs about $2.00, and there is no inherent limit other than the 1 hour length of the tape, on long a single video clip can be. In many ways, a camcorder like the HV-40 is much easier to use for shooting HD video than a DSLR like the Canon 60D; for one thing the HV-40 has continuous auto-focus, which the 60D does not. What this means is that video of moving subjects shot with the DSLR will likely have a much higher percentage of out-of-focus segments than a video of the same subject shot with a camcorder. Bottom line is that just because most modern DSLR's can shoot HD video, this doesn't mean that a DSLR is your best choice for video; if you shoot a lot of video, a camcorder is probably a better choice, and one that records on to an internal hard disk drive or mini-dv tape will certainly cost far less for the recording media than high speed flash memory for a DSLR. I own an HV-20 camcorder, and it's definately easier to get nice video clips with it than with a DSLR, especially of moving subjects at close distances.
22 comments122 of 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2008
8GB is more than enough for my Canon PowerShot. I recently went to New York City for vacation and took more than 250 plus pics with the best pixel quality the camera could provide and still had more than enough memory left. Highly recommend this product. You don't need to carry any extra memory.
11 comment59 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2007
Awesome little card...I bought it for my Canon PowerShot G9 12.1MP Digital Camera with 6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom, and it keeps up with my shooting wonderfully...it also gives me plenty of space to go nuts, no worrying about running out of memory!
11 comment28 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2010
Went form the original 128K card to this. Wow. From 40 available pics to 2000+. That's great!
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2010
BEWARE hidden shipping charges!!! Like others here, I got charged FULL shipping TWICE, ordering 2 SD cards that both shipped in the same envelope - This is nothing but a cash grab as there is no extra cost to the merchant for shipping the second card. I bought from Amazon merchant BoBoTechnic. I contacted the merchant and they basically said 'sorry, that's how we do business'. I'll order from a different Amazon merchant next time.
77 comments35 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2008
In retrospect. I probably would have saved a little money and gotten a 4 gig card. I have taken well over a thousand 12 megapixel pictures on my camera and still haven't had to empty it out, and probably can take 700 or 800 more. If you take a LOT of pictures, its worth it, but it really has to be a LOT to fill this bad boy up.