3,710
SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB MP3 Player, Black With Full-Color Display, MicroSDHC Card Slot and Stopwatch- SDMX22-004G-A57K (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Size Name: 4GBColor Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$79.95 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on July 10, 2014
Size Name: 4GBColor Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
I've had 2 of these for over 2 years and they still work great. got 2 as gifts as well. no problems with sound, sync or charging. me and friends use them mainly to work out 3-4 hours per week, but also on car stereo and other devices. looking to buy a 5th one for my husband.
on July 9, 2014
Size Name: 4GBColor Name: RedProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
I am surprised to give a low rating for such a great sounding device. I have owned a Sansa Clip Plus for many, many years with zero issues...until I accidentally ran it through the washing machine. Letting it dry out helped a bit, but the battery won't take a charge anymore.

I thought this new one would be just as good as the Clip Plus or marginally greater, with its color screen with album art and separate back button. It isnt. It felt flimsier, hollow and cheap. The surface finish on the plastic was not to my liking, leading to slipping out of my hand sometimes when operating the clip.

I could have lived with the above, if that were all of the issues. After loading my songs, I noted that it took up to six seconds to advance to the next track. That is not acceptable. I just reordered a Clip Plus, just like my old one. Hopefully it'll be what I want.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi G G

This is Amy from SanDisk Support. Thank you for your reviews, candid feedback and suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you again. We are continuing development of features for our products. Please contact us at 1-866-SANDISK or submit a support request at www.sandisk.com/support if you would like to provide any additional suggestions.

SanDisk Suppport
Size Name: 4GBColor Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard Packaging
Worked for about 6 months and then stopped playing. The controls stopped working, then would work, then not. Every day it was a different story and started to interfere with my workout. Very frustrating. Tossed it in the trash.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi mlschrag

My name is Amy from SanDisk support. I am sorry to learn about your experience. It may have happened because of many reasons. We would like to know more about your issue in order to isolate it. I would suggest you to please contact SanDisk support at 1-866-SANDISK or submit a support request at www.sandisk.com/support. We will assist you towards an appropriate resolution.

SanDisk Support.
on July 9, 2014
Size Name: 4GBColor Name: BlueProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
Never worked sad at christmas again
Hi nanainalabama

My name is Amy from SanDisk support. I am sorry to learn about your experience. We would like to know more about your issue in order to isolate it. I would suggest you to please contact SanDisk support at 1-866-SANDISK or submit a support request at www.sandisk.com/support. We will assist you towards an appropriate resolution.

SanDisk Support.
on July 9, 2014
I purchased to play audiobooks on since the MP3 player I had would not play wma. I also love there is an FM radio so if I want to listen to something different I can. I downloaded 10 different books to it and had no trouble. I am definitely happy with my purchase. Oh and I can download .odm files to it too.
on July 8, 2014
Size Name: 8GBColor Name: GreyProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
This little guy puts out great sound, and even though the controls seem small, even my big clumsy shaky fingers navigate it just fine. Easy to download music, and I like that you don't have to be a slave to i-tunes like certain other MP3 players, that I shall not name. That said, I ended up getting a better set of earbuds - the ones included were not comfy for me, or particularly good sounding. The thing that cracked me up the most is the extremely short USB cable that is included for charging and downloading. It's like a real USB cable just got done swimming in really really cold water. This item shipped quickly, arrived well-packed, and the price was very nice, esp. when compared with competitors.
on July 8, 2014
Over time I have bought two of these SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip MP3 player, and they are the best investment I have ever made. They last a very long time. The batteries stay charged for hours. I have listened to mine almost continuously from morning to evening and still had not run the battery down completely.They are easy for the technology challenged to operate, and download music. I am so happy with mine I hope to buy a Sansa Fuzet one day soon.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Size Name: 8GBColor Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
This mp3 play is the best of the best! I have had tons of them in the past going back at least 15 years now. Technology has improved through the ensuing decades from when this type of devise was first introduced. One cannot do much better than the SanDisk Sansa Zip. it is tiny but can store tons and tons of books or music files. I clip mine onto my shirt pocket and use a unibud short cord earphone when I am gardening or doing projects which don't involve a lot of concentration. I also subscribe to audible hence have a large supply of downloaded books which fit very nicely on this devise. I prefer this product over the Sandisk Fuse, esp when driving - because the fuse has a "hair trigger" screen. Seems like you just think about touching the fuse and it reacts. The fuse is totally unsuitable for driving because you need to actually look at it to change tracts or pause or backspace or whatever. Not so with this devise. it is NOT touch screen (unlike the Fuze) so you have to physically click it to make it respond. In short order, you will memorize the location of the buttons and you can do so without looking at the devise - handy when driving. Also, it does not have a "hair trigger" so you can't change it by breathing on it (I exaggerate but you get the point). It is hard to say enough positive comments on this little devise. it is the best all around mp3 player I have ever owned - and I have had a ton of them. Several points which folks might find useful. When listening in the car or at home doing desk work - during times when one is likely to pause the devise to concentrate on something - keep it plugged in vs running on battery. Why you ask? Well if you run it on battery and you pause it, the devise will shut off in short order. Then when you are ready to resume listening - say after a tight spot in traffic wherein you shut your audiobook off - you have to restart the devise and it will need to reboot. If you keep it plugged in to your cigarette lighter jack and you pause it, the devise will not shut down. Now when you hit the replay button, it will start up immediately where it left off without the need to turn on and reboot. Not a huge deal but it makes life simpler. Same with desk work. If you plug it in to an outlet vs running it on battery. Now - when plugged in and you need to pause it - say to answer the phone, or concentrate on something you are doing - it will start right up again after you hit the resume button. No need to wait for the thing to reboot. Other times you DO need to run it on battery - say when you are gardening or cleaning the house or whatever. Here, however, you are less likely to pause it. No need to concentrate much in these settings so you are less likely to shut it off.

Now the way you keep it plugged in is to also buy either a dc or an ac (depending on whether you are in your car or at your desk) charging devise. Here are links to both and a highly recommend you get one of each.
AC: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Micro-Charger-Charge-iPhone/dp/B004CLYIZG/ref=pd_bxgy_cps_img_y
DC: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8Z446ttP-iPhone-Charger-ChargeSync/dp/B0047T79TU/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1404782931&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=belkin+micro+charger

The devise comes with the cable so you don't actually need to buy a usb cable to plug into these charger but one can never have too many usb cables. I personally like the colored ones so I have something akin to this item http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KIBPOUC?psc=1. I like to use a different color for my various devises but that is just me. If your budget is limited, the cable with comes with the devise is enough.

One last thing. It is a very tiny devise and easy to get lost if you are not wearing a shirt with a top pocket. Accordingly, I have also purchased something akin to this item

I attach a lanyard to it and wear it around my neck when gardening, traveling on a plane, walking/hiking etc. The devise is small enough to fit inside along with a short unibud ear piece. The devise will not get lost and it is ever handy esp on a plane when one can simply pull it out and start listening. Audiobooks makes a 5 hour flight go buy much more quickly and saves the hassle of rummaging through the carry on bag looking for the devise. This devise is very tiny so it can easily slip out of a pocket. This system is esp useful when checking into a hotel after listening to it while driving for several hours. It keeps the devise safe and handy so you can pick right up where you left off when you arrive in your room and start to settle in. A small earbud will fit right into the plastic case as well so you will have both at your finger tips at all times. Handy when you are listening to a really good book. I also keep a charger and an extra cable in my toiletry kit so it is always handy once I arrive at my hotel room. These items are cheap enough that an extra can be stowed away and one need not worry about forgetting to pack the charger. There is nothing worse than being engrossed in a great book while traveling, having a dead battery on your mp3 player and then remembering that your charger is on your nightstand at home. Questions? email me at brennele@npceu.com
on July 7, 2014
Size Name: 4GBColor Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard Packaging
don't like it to small, next time I will opt for next size up.
menu is confusing. To much static on the radio side.
Hi nixon

My name is Amy from SanDisk support. I appreciate your feedback. We manufacture Sansa players in different form factors. For information about our other Sansa players, please contact SanDisk support at 1-866-SANDISK or submit a support request at www.sandisk.com/support.

SanDisk Support
on July 7, 2014
Updated review 29Oct14 - 5 stars - The replacement unit I recieved works great, is very lightweight and I can't even feel it clipped onto the outside of my runnig shorts pocket. Battery last nearly two weeks based on 45min a day/ 5 days a week usage. Amazing MP3 player for $29.99.

I read somewhere that you can use a 32GB SD Card with this unit but I disagree as neither the first unit or my replacement unit function with anything larger than an 16gb SD card. But as I only use this for running/working out I don't have need for more than the 4gb on board memory.

Original review - 1-Star on 7 July 14: It only lasted 2 hours before failing to power on. It had a full charge. Now it is dead as can be, no indication of even taking a charge or anything. Returned the item and am awaiting a replacement. Will update this if the second one is as good as everyone else's reviews.
Hi Amazon Customer

My name is Amy from SanDisk support. I am sorry to hear that your Sansa player has failed. The player can go in a temporary freezing state and can easily be recovered to its original state by performing a reset. Please refer to the link below for instructions:

Now that you have already returned the product, please provide us an opportunity to help the next time you buy any SanDisk product.

Assuring you of the best services.

SanDisk support