Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on August 25, 2012
Bought one for my wife. She loved it. But now it will not charge. It gets harder and harder to find some way for the PC to connect to it. Replaced the cord. Updated software. The Fuse says it connects but will not charge. Tried different PCs, all with the same result.

Why should charging a device be so hard?
Now it just shuts off saying battery is low even when it is connected to the PC.
33 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2009
I bought this because I could use it with Rhapsody as I have an account with unlimited song play. It worked great for about 6 months. Then, it started to crash in the middle of playing a songs. The player would just shut down. I reformatted and installed the latest firmware, but that only helped for a couple of days. Now it's completely dead. Too bad, because it is a nice looking player with great sound and features. It's a lemon though. I ended up spending the extra money for an iPod touch. I can't use it with Rhapsody, but I haven't had any problems with iPods.
on November 26, 2010
I bought this SanDisk Fuze as a birthday present for my son and I've just now found out that it came refurbished and when it arrived, the package had been opened and there were already songs on it, but it didn't even work at all. This was suppose to be brand new and of course work.

I bought this back in June and just now found out about this (my son thought I bought him a refurbished player and didn't want to disappoint me by telling me its condition) so of course it's even beyond the warranty, but nonetheless I am furious that this company would operate under these circumstances and I will never buy from this company again.
11 comment4 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2015
As much as I love the size, sound, price of Sandisks, they keep malfunctioning or breaking on me. For no apparent reason, they start to skip, or just go dead. Then I order another one. I have a drawer full of broken sandisks so I thought I'd write about them. So I guess I'm throwing my money away hoping the next one will work & have some longevity. This one started skipping after a few months. I use it while on an exercise machine. But that shouldn't matter & I don't think that's why it stopped working. If it is then it's not well made. I'm actually thinking of buying another sandisk but a different model. Maybe this one will work like a charm. I have colby, generic brands too but they don't have the little clip I can fasten to my pants as I work out.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2011
This was my first venture into the MP3 world and let me tell ya, what a huge disappointment this Sansa Fuze turned out to be. It didn't start off that way though and when I received the darn thing it was quite nice. Looked cool and was very simple to use (well except for video stuff but that wasn't a main concern for me). After the first week it started this freezing thing where the music would just stop and the screen would turn white, I thought that was it its dead, but (just for shites and giggles) after its battery ran out I thought to plug it in again and it came back to life....only to do the same thing the next day...and again...and again the next...and so on. And this was our relationship. Until today. It finally croaked for good. No freeze-white-screen and battery discharge and power back to life this time. I'm talkin' black screen-stillness-no hint of electricity-hey you just got suckered-DEAD.

It's a good thing I'm a millionaire cuz I guess the seller only gave like a week for money back return and all this stuff started happening after a weeks time...dude knows something...hhhmmm I wonder....???...well it sure was a nice first week.

So in conclusion: Buyer Beware! Oh and also: I'm not really a millionaire but my Sansa Fuze is really dead.
on October 12, 2011
My fiance bought this for me for Christmas. It has never worked correctly. I have read all the online directions and have downloaded all updates. Still, It does not play all the songs I download, even though they are shown on the screen briefly, so I know they're on there. Sometimes it just freezes after a song for no reason. I don't normally write reviews and I have owned Sansa MP3's in the past and never had an issue. Maybe I got a lemon? I don't know. Just very much not happy.
11 comment2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2010
I ordered this mp3 player on Oct 25th and it arrived on the 28th. I used it at work for 8 ours on the 29th and 4 hours on the 30th then it sat on my night table most of the 31st. That evening I picked it up and listened to some songs and then decided to update it for work the next day. I plugged it in fine and added some files but it wouldn't let me delete the audiobook I had on it from the computer. So I unplugged the device, deleted the file I no longer wanted. I put it down on the desk, went online long enough to download a new audiobook (Bag of Bones if you're curious) and then went to plug the mp3 player in. It wouldn't connect to the computer. I unplugged it and tried to turn the device on because it still had a half charged battery last time I used it but the Fuze refused to turn on. I let it sit for a few hours and still nothing. I tried plugging it into my laptop and still nothing. On it's second meeting with the computer the thing has died.

Now I am forced to return to my first generation iPod Nano. For even though it's five years old, has been lugged to work in a dirty backpack and used constantly 6 days a week for five years, has had the screen smashed out and is now bent so that plugging it in is a bit of trick it still has one vital advantage over my Sandisk: it turns on.
on February 20, 2009
I purchased the Fuze after doing lots of research. After receiving it promptly from an Amazon merchant(bzseller), I charged it. Started playing with its features, and while saving a voice recording, it crashed (white screen). Called Sansa support (very helpful), which instructed me to reset. Crashed a second time. Reset. Tried to update firmware, but got error message. Tried to encode video from different sources (DVD,MP4,AVI) using bundled Media Manager, which locked up on two separate computers, requiring reboots.
I gave it one star because the radio worked fine, and when it was functional, audio(mp3,wma) quality was high. I returned it to the merchant (no hassles;full refund), then purchased a Sony Walkman NWZ-E436F. A little more expensive(4GBSony vs 2GBFuze)but problem free, great sound, and crisp seamless video playback using SUPER encoder set at VIDEO mp4;H.264/AVC;320:240;384kbps and AUDIO 44.1K;96kbps. For DVDs,use DVD Decrypter or Smartripper and deselect all audio language streams except English). The Sansa did not recognize files encoded using many different variations of audio/video settings.
0Comment5 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2009
First off: According to the many great ratings it has received all over the Net, from Amazon to CNET to Joe Bob's Review Site, I'm sure this is a nifty MP3 player.
What noone tells you is that the FM reception on this thing is a JOKE.

I bought this primarily for the FM function so I would not go out of my mind at the gym, but if the headphones aren't plugged in JUST right, it doesn't pick up ANYTHING, not even static. When it does, it crackles and hisses.

As troubled as it is when standing still, it becomes absolutely unlistenable when you're moving around (even when it's resting on the machine, god forbid you'd strap it to your arm). I felt like a bit of a moron at the gym moving my MP3 player around to find a better reception spot (I didn't find it).

I got it a few days ago and I am returning it today and getting a Zune. Perhaps that will function better.
11 comment1 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2011
this was dissgustingly awful my son sat there and cryed his eyes out because this thing came late and it had a charger inside it! not correct! whats that about? and when we sent the charger back for the mp3 it was late and broke 2 weeks later dont even consider no joke terrrible assistance as well when complaining about incorrect package
11 comment0 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse