Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on February 7, 2012
I've got this card recently and run a CrystalDiskMark test comparing it to a Duracell 32GB Class 10 Duracell High Speed Card 32 GB class 10 Secure Digital DU-SD1032G-C I bought about six months ago. Sandisk is being conservative in advertising their cards. This class 6 card quite comfortably matches the performance of the Duracell class 10 card. Here are the numbers:

Sandisk 32GB Ultra Class 6:

Seq. Read: 17.13 MB/s; Seq. Write: 10.30 MB/s
512K Read: 15.89 MB/s; 512K Write: 0.701 MB/s
4K Read: 1.313 MB/s; 4K Write: 0.006 MB/s
4K(QD32)Read: 1.875 MB/s; 4K(QD32)Write: 0.006 MB/s

The Duracell card's write speed is over 10 MB/s, so they are not mislabeling it, but the class 6 Sandisk card is not too far off with write speeds over 8MB/s. In fact, this class 6 card outperforms the class 10 card in reading and writing smaller files.

I hope this information is helpful in your purchase decision.
on June 2, 2012
The current picture for this item shows a Class 10 card which is what I thought I would be getting. When it arrived, it was a Class 6. When I researched the fine print down below the item listing I saw that is was listed as a Class 4. I guess they should make up their mind. For me the Class 6 was a disappointment. At the present time I can't decide whether to keep it or return it. The lesson is - items on Amazon may not be as pictured.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2011
I placed an order that didn't show up for 2 weeks (probably lost in the mail). I emailed Amazon & they sent me another one that arrived in about 2 days.

The good news is: you only need Class 4 for video, so this speed would be plenty for most. Also SanDisk Class 4 is probably as fast (and more reliable) than PNY or Transend Class 6.

The better news is: I was sent a Class 6 card (probably replaced the 4, but never updated). Of course that could also have been a fortunate mistake.

If you need super fast cards for sports photography on higher end DSLRs, I'd recommend the Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Pro cards so that there's no chance of the card slowing down your camera. Otherwise, the card speed only really matters for transfer speeds to your computer. Extremes have the additional benefit of being almost indestructable, This is great if you work in tough situations where water, impact or heat damage (outdoor sports, photojournalism, wildlife) are more common as these cards are meant to survive what your camera doesn't.

I'll only buy Sandisk and this card is a good value.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2011
I ordered the 32GB card. At the time I ordered, the picture and description were both for a class 4 card. I received the SDSDH-032G-U46. The card is Class 6 and the package says up to 20 MBps. I tested the entire card and there were no bad sectors or anything. Real world read speed is 17 MBps and write speed of 7 MBps.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2012
What can I say that would be valuable to the prospective customer?

I am using this memory card in a Cannon T1i Rebel camera. This memory card allows me to take and store 4700 pictures of the highest quality, which are about 5 mb's each. It is overkill. It does also take 1080p video, which i think translates into around 12 hours worth, but thats just an estimate so don't invest to much based on that alone.

I have transfered pictures from the card onto my computer. The transfer rate seemed fast enough. I plugged it directly into the computer, not used a usb cord. I am happy with the transfer speed in that mode. I cannot say it transfers at exactly 20 mb per second, but it was close, or at least seemed to be.

I read on the packaging that it is water resistent, and xray proof. Makes me want to put it to the test, but I dont know if that would be worth the risk.

I don't have any complaints, it's everything I expected it to be.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2012
I'm not going to talk about using the Sandisk ultra series to store movies and photos. You can obviously do that. You can do that with any card, and pay less doing it.

What makes the Ultra remarkable is the speed that its class DOESN'T describe, that is, nonsequential access. When a flash device is written to for storage, that writing is sequential- not random like disk access on a computer is. So you can get a class 10 card that is very fast in a camera, but in a tablet or settop box it suddenly performs poorly. The Sandisk ultra cards offer both good sequential read/write speeds and exceptional random read/write speeds. If you are using these cards for something like a Raspberry Pi, where your SD card is basically your whole hard drive, you will notice DRAMATIC improvements in performance over most other cards, even those with higher class ratings. I would assume this holds true for things like Readyboost too, if anyone still uses that.

So my recommendation is that for regular storage you buy a more economic card, but for actually driving computing devices, Sandisk Ultra cards all the way.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2012
Great value through Amazon for a 16 gig HC SD card. Make sure you purchase an HC or Black newer Sandisk SD card not the Blue older Sandisk card.
on June 24, 2013
This card was well rated by a number of Raspberry Pi users, and after having several 'other' cards (mostly micro with adapter) work for a while then mysteriously becoming corrupted it was worth it to try.

So far the Pi has been running clean for several weeks, through multiple updates and reboots, with no trouble. Recommended.
on June 7, 2012
This review is for the seller, not the product or for Amazon itself. The picture of the item clearly shows 30MB/s but as some other reviewers have said, what was received is a 15MB/s. That is clear misrepresentation by the seller and I would urge Amazon to bar them from their site.
on August 18, 2012
These cards work flawlessly.

I bought these for my two older Canon HD camcorders, a Vixia HF 200 (only uses SD cards) and Vixia HF 20 (which has an SD card slot and 32 GB of built in memory). I always record at the highest quality setting, 24 Mbps. My camcorders need class 4 or class 6 SD cards to record at the highest quality setting. Since my camcorders are older, they will not recognize class 10 SD cards, which are actually faster than class 4 or 6. Since the camcorders won't recognize class 10, I need to use memory cards that report they are class 4 or 6. Canon does offer a free firmware upgrade for the older camcorders so they will recognize class 10 cards, but I don't want to ship them to a service center to have that done as long as I can find quality class 4 or 6 cards. If you have an older Canon camcorder and a class 10 memory card doesn't work, that's why. Either buy class 4, 6, or send your camera to Canon to get the firmware updated.

These memory cards will hold about 2 hours and 55 minutes of video at the highest quality setting. I've put them in the camcorders, hit the record button, and let them record until full to ensure that they don't have any buffer over/under run issues. These cards worked perfectly. I always do this when I get a new memory card to ensure it will work. Even great brands sometimes have an issue, and I don't need any surprises when I need the card to work.

I now have enough memory capacity that I can record nearly six hours on each camcorder, in about three hour blocks. I do a lot of two camera shooting and having large capacity memory cards allows me the freedom to not worry about how much "film" I have left. I would definitely buy these again.