1,589 Reviews
 (1,210)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read , but mediocre write
I purchased the 32gb version . Its spacious and has great read speeds but the write speed is mediocre compared to my AmazonBasics 16gb microsd that gets 24MBps read and 22MBps write
Using a Transcend USB 3.0 card reader I get
On ATTO 45MBps read ; 14 MBps write
and on CrystalMark 45MBps ; 13 MBps write
Published on March 29, 2012 by Sushi Roll

2.0 out of 5 stars I am dispointed
I have this Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 30MB/s SD card. I have to say I am totally dispointed. It's SLOOOW. I did two speed tests.

First test was performed on a computer using a software named "CrystalDiskMark". I ran the test with 3 different SD cards on the same pc with same equipments and same setting.
Results:
Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 30MB/s...
Published on March 25, 2012 by Wei

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read , but mediocre write, March 29, 2012
Using a Transcend USB 3.0 card reader I get
On ATTO 45MBps read ; 14 MBps write
and on CrystalMark 45MBps ; 13 MBps write

2.0 out of 5 stars I am dispointed, March 25, 2012
Wei (San Francisco) - See all my reviews

Results:
Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 30MB/s SD card, Read 19.93MB/s and write 11.99MB/s.
Sandisk Extreme III 4GB class 6 SD (5 year old card), Read 18.67MB/s and write 16.67MB/s.
Transcend 16GB class 10 SD (8 month old), Read 18.74MB and write 17.25MB.

Second test was performed on Canon T3i DSLR with the same 3 SD cards tested above. In this test I set my DSLR to burst mode and TV mode with 1/50 sec. Within 30 seconds interval, I want to see how many pictures in RAW format my camera can shoot.
Results:
Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 30MB/s, 24 shots.
Sandisk Extreme III 4GB class 6, 34 shots
Transcend 16GB class 10, 33 shots.

Conclusion:
As you can see this Sandisk Ultra card havs higher read speed. I belived my card reader is max out at 20MB/s. that's why it show 19.9MB/s read speed. However for a digital camera and camcorder, the write speed is more important than the read speed. Both tests clearly show that the Sandisk Ultra only meets class 10 rating but far behind the other two cards. The cheaper Transcend card can outperform this ultra card easily in write speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent card, but misleading., March 7, 2012
I am giving this memory card a 5 star review because it is sufficient for virtually all HD video needs. I can record at 1080p @ 30 fps on my Canon T3i with absolutely no issues, however the speeds I received when benchmarking were nowhere near 30 mbps. For sequential read I got 18.70 MB/S and for write I got 11.75 MB/S. Now I know its advertised as up to 30 mbps reads. But I feel it may be misleading. However since it fulfills all my demands perfectly I will give it 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars No class 10 speed!, April 5, 2012
This SanDisk class 10 advertised as 30mb/s is slower than my SanDisk 8GB Ultra class 4 that I bough from Costco. This SDHC might be one of the China knockoffs, it gave me 8.56 mb/s of write speed and 10.9 mb/s of read speed (see uploaded photo for my speed test). This is nothing come close to the advertised speed of up to 30mb/s. Such a big disappointment as I expect it to be double the speed of my current SanDisk class 4 SDHC.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAILED AFTER 3 DAYS OF USE -- 8GB of vacation video LOST!!!, June 14, 2012
I am extremely disappointed in this SanDisk 16GB 30MB/sec (class 10) memory card. It was purchased two weeks ago at a retail store for my son's once-in-a-lifetime trip to the Florida Keys. He bought an identical replacement card and it works fine (so far), so it's not the video camera. The failed card is not recognized as even existing by either the camera or a computer. To add insult to injury, SanDisk recommends using LC Technologies for data recovery services - it costs a mere $225 - IF they can recover data from the card at all (no charge if they don't). However, SanDisk will replace the bad memory card itself. Golly gee, thanks.

LESSON LEARNED FOLKS: Buy a dozen smaller and less expensive 2GB or 4GB cards and use a new card EVERY DAY or when they fill up. That way you'll lose at most a day of vacation video. Or back it up to a notebook computer or iPhone EVERY NIGHT. These large cards are tempting, but when you loose half of your vacation memories through no fault of your own it is very painful! And what if it had failed on the last day of the trip?

5.0 out of 5 stars Right performance for my LX5, March 31, 2012
This review is from: SanDisk Ultra 16GB SDHC Class 10/UHS-1 Flash Memory Card Speed Up To 30MB/s- SDSDU-016G-U46 (Label May Change) (Personal Computers)
I bought this card to replace Kingston Digital 16 GB Class 10 Flash Memory Card SD10G2/16GB on my Panasonic Lumix LX5 and difference is noticeable during HD video recording and also during multiple photo deletion from camera.

Now its almost 1 month using this card and there are no any issues.

I also like read/write performance when I use it in my PC Card-reader.

1.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Cards Not Rugged, SanDisk Bad Company, April 2, 2012
Canuck Cutter (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fairly disappointed with SanDisk in general. The card is great out of the box and in the interim, but long term it doesn't hold up well. Used it for documentary filmmaking and 3 of 4 cards purchased developed an odd rattling noise. Since the whole point of documentary is to capture something as it happens, can't risk the card failing and losing the event forever.

Tried to return the items to SanDisk (lifetime warranty). Sent all 3 cards to them, they claimed they only got 1 card. They refused to send the other 2. So they basically stole 2 cards from us. This was even in light of the shipping waybills (multiple ones) labelling the package as containing 3 items. They were not interested and just kept deflecting. Lost more money in time wasted than the value of the cards so had to give up.

Their customer service is not located in the continental USA. But the return depot is. So the two departments take days to talk to each other. Each inquiry you make can take 24-48 hours to get a response.

Wil buy Transcend products in future. Have taken their products on tough shoots as well and they've held up flawlessly. Can't comment to their customer service as have not had to return any of their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value - Great Item, March 14, 2012
Dragon64 (New Port Richey, FL) - See all my reviews
This was purchased as a Lightening item. I looked at the 64GB cards also, but decided that I can flip between cards for different events, instead of having to sort all my Pictures each time.
I was very impressed at the speed that this card writes. I use a Nikon D90, which can take about 4.5 photo's a second. I have not seen that speed with previous cards, but I believe I got close with this one. I wish there had not been a limit to one during the lightening deals, as I would have at least 3-4 more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast enough for my use considering the price, March 8, 2012
M. Legowski (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
I grabbed the 64GB version as a lightning deal and as I do with any flash card when I initially get it, I test it with H2testw to verify the card is good and get an idea of its true speed. Results are as follows:

Warning: Only 60873 of 60874 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 12.8 MByte/s
Reading speed: 36.1 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

From what I saw in half-paying attention to the test in the background as I went about using my computer in the meantime, those read & write speeds were very consistent for the entire length of the card, meaning it was doing just a shade under 13 MB / sec for the entire write test and likewise, right about 36 MB / sec for the entire read test, so it's not the fastest card out there by any stretch but also far from the slowest. For my use as a mix of photos and 1080p video from my Panasonic GH-2 m4/3's camera (using hacked firmware with a somewhat increased video bitrate but not real extreme as some people with super-fast cards like to do), it's fast enough. :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Class 10 but Not SanDisk Extreme Speeds., May 11, 2012
I have had this card for a few weeks now. This is supposed to be SanDisk's new Ultra which is supposed to be on par with the old Extremes. However, while fast, it hasn't been up to claims of Sandisk. In my Elph 300 HS, on high speed shots, it was able to trigger as many pictures as the AmazonBasics 16gb Class 10 card in a 15 second span. In a newer Rebel DSLR, it also matched the AmazonBasics card. This means that both cards are up to par with the cameras needs.

However, as for the data transfer speeds, this card does not live up to hype thus far. Here are my results with the H2TestW Memory Card Speed test utility at 100mb transfer single file, 1GB transfer single file, and 5gb transfer 5x1GB files:

Sandisk Ultra SDHC 32GB
100mb Write: 11.2 mb/s Read: 18.0 mb/s
1GB Write: 10.5 mb/s Read: 18.0 mb/s
5GB Write: 10.6 mb/s Read: 18.0 mb/s

-As you see, this is nowhere near the claim of 30/15 they claim it has. However, it did eke out the 10 mb/s required for Class 10.

For comparison, here are the stats taken in the same manner of the AmazonBasics Class10 16gb SDHC card (AmazonBasics SDHC Class 10 16 GB Secure Digital Card):

AmazonBasics Class 10 SDHC 16GB
100mb Write: 9.38 mb/s Read: 17.4 mb/s
1GB Write: 10.4 mb/s Read: 17.4 mb/s
5GB Write: 10.3 mb/s Read: 17.4 mb/s

-These numbers are rather close and it would be up to the buyer to decide if they want to pay the extra ~$5 or so for the small increase in speed. All tests were taken on newly formatted cards with an Integrated Card reader running on USB 2.0 on a Intel Dual Core PC with Win7 Ultimate with 6gb Ram.

Rate and Discover Movies