17,877 Reviews

2,083 of 2,163 people found the following review helpful
[[ UPDATE - 6/19/2014 ]]
Published 16 months ago by Hyoun Kim

1,827 of 1,974 people found the following review helpful
NOTE: please read the last update (scroll to the bottom) - I'm leaving this review as 1 star as it appears to help others who purchased and had a similar experience.

Published 13 months ago by SkincareCEO

2,083 of 2,163 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED - Great w/ Galaxy S4 & Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 - No Complaints Here!!!, May 1, 2013
[[ UPDATE - 6/19/2014 ]]
So my lovely wife bought me a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 for Father's Day and I've been loving it ever since. Just as other with Samsung products, the Galaxy Tab 4 has the ability to add a microSD card to expand the memory on the device. Since it's been over a year, I decided to do some more research to see if SanDisk offered anything new. As of 6/19/2014, their product lineup for microSD cards from worst to best (performance-wise) are the as follows:
SanDisk
SanDisk Ultra
SanDisk Ultra PLUS
SanDisk Extreme
SanDisk Extreme PLUS
SanDisk Extreme PRO

Now, the difference between all of these cards are simply the speed in which you can read/write data to the card. Yes, the published rating of most all these cards (except the SanDisk regular) are Class 10/UHS-I but that's just a rating... Actual real world performance does get better with each model, but with faster cards come more expensive prices. Since Amazon doesn't carry the Ultra PLUS model of microSD card, I had to do direct comparisons between the SanDisk Ultra ($34.27), Extreme ($57.95), and Extreme PLUS ($67.95).

As mentioned in my earlier review, I purchased the SanDisk Ultra for my Galaxy S4. My question was, did I want to pay over $20 more for a card that is faster than the one I already owned? Or I could pay almost double to get SanDisk's 2nd-most fastest microSD card.

The Ultra works perfectly fine for my style of usage (storing/capturing pictures & HD video and movie playback) on my phone. So in the end, I ended up just buying another SanDisk Ultra 64GB card. I use my cell phone *more* than I do my tablet and if the card is good enough for my phone, it's good enough for my tablet. I don't own a 4K HD camera or anything like that, so I honestly didn't see a need to get one of the faster cards at this time.

I am now a proud owner of 2 SanDisk Ultra cards and have absolutely 0 issues with it in my Samsung devices.

[[ ORIGINAL REVIEW - 5/1/2013 ]]
I haven't had to buy a microSD card in a long time. The last time I bought one was for my cell phone over 2 years ago. But since my cellular contract was up, I knew I would have to get a newer card in addition to my new phone, the Samsung Galaxy S4. Reason for this is because I knew my small 16GB microSD card wasn't going to cut it.

Doing research on the Galaxy S4, I wanted to get the best card possible that had decent capacity (32 GB or greater). This led me to find that the Galaxy S4 supports the microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I card, which is the fastest possible given that class. Searching for that specifically on Amazon gave me results of only 3 vendors (as of April) that makes these microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 cards. They are Sandisk (the majority), Samsung and Lexar. Nobody else makes these that are sold on Amazon.

Seeing how SanDisk is a pretty good name out of the 3 (I've used them the most), I decided upon the SanDisk because Lexar was overpriced and the Samsung one was overpriced (as well as not eligible for Amazon Prime).

But the scary thing is that when you filter by the SanDisk, you literally get DOZENS of options. All of them have different model numbers, different sizes, etc. Then there's that confusion of what's the difference between SDHC & SDXC?

SDHC vs SDXC:
SDHC stand for "Secure Digital High Capacity" and SDXC stands for "Secure Digital eXtended Capacity". Essentially these two cards are the same with the exception that SDHC only supports capcities up to 32GB and is formated with the FAT32 file system. The SDXC cards are formatted with the exFAT file system. If you use an SDXC card in a device, it must support that file system, otherwise it may not be recognizable and/or you have to reformat the card to FAT32.

FAT32 vs exFAT:
The differences between the two file systems means that FAT32 has a maximum file size of 4GB, limited by that file system. exFAT on the otherhand, supports file sizes up to 2TB (terabytes). The only thing you need to know here really is that it's possible your device doesn't support exFAT. If that's the case, just reformat it to FAT32. REMEMBER FORMATTING ERASES ALL DATA!

To clarify the model numbers, I I hopped over to the SanDisk official webpage. What I found there is that they offer two "highspeed" options for SanDisk cards. These are SanDisk Extreme Pro and SanDisk Ultra. SanDisk Extreme Pro is a line that supports read speeds up to 95MB/sec, however they are SDHC only. To make things worse, they are currently only available in 16GB & 8GB capacities. Since one of my requirements was to have a lot of storage, I ruled these out.

The remaining devices listed on Amazon's search were the SanDisk Ultra line. But here, confusion sets in because SanDisk separates these cards to two different devices. Cameras & mobile devices. Is there a real difference between the two or is this just a marketing stunt? Unfortunately I'm not sure but I do know the price difference between the two range from a couple cents to a few dollars. Since I wasn't sure, I opted for the one specifically targeted for mobile devices (just in case there is some kind of compatibility issue). To find the exact model number, I would go to Sandisk's webpage (sandisk.com) and compare their existing product lineup. From there, you get exact model numbers and you can then search Amazon for these model numbers. That is how I got mine (SDSDQUA-064G).

As for speed tests, I haven't run any specific testing, but copying 8 GB worth of data from my PC to the card literally took just a few minutes.

One last note is that Amazon attaches additional characters to the end (for example SDSDQUA-064G-AFFP-A vs SDSDQUA-064G-U46A). The difference between the two is that the "AFFP-A" means "Amazon Frustration Free Packaging". Other than that, these are exactly the same. If you're wondering what I got (and want to use it in your Galaxy S4), I got the SDSDQUA-064G-u46A and it works like charm.

1,531 of 1,613 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the class among all (budget-priced) micro-SDHC cards I have tested / Works great in Galaxy S3, September 26, 2012
I have tested dozens of SDHC and micro-SDHC cards. One disturbing trend I noticed is that: the speed class rating for micro-SDHC is typically inflated. For example, a 'class-10' rating means the card must deliver a sequential write speed of at least 10MB/s. But somehow, a class-10 microSDHC cards is always slower than a class-10 SDHC card from the same manufacturer. Case in point: the PNY 32 GB microSDHC Card (P-SDU32G10-EFS2) claims to be 'class-10', yet it can only write at 8.6MB/s maximum, while the full-size PNY P-SDHC16G10 achieved 13.4MB/s according to CrystalDiskMark v3.01.

This SanDisk Ultra 32 GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 card (SDSDQUA-032G-U46A), however, proves to be the exception. It achieved a sequential write speed of over 10MB/s according to two different benchmark programs (11.8MB/s in "CrystalDiskMark", 10.6MB/s in "H2testw v1.4"). This is faster than all my other microSDHC cards, including two 'class-10' cards from PNY and Polaroid.

A closer look at the file transfer speed using "Flash Memory Toolkit" revealed another nice surprise: For writing small files, this Sandisk Ultra microSDHC card performed just as well as its full-size counterpart, the SanDisk Ultra SDHC (SDSDU-032G-AFFP). In contrast, all my other class-10 microSDHC cards perform poorly while writing smaller files. See the benchmark results I uploaded to 'Customer Images' for details.

When you use a memory card in a digital camera to record HD video, it needs to store a huge video file each session. That means its sequential write speed is most critical. When used in a tablet or a smart phone, however, the card's random write speed for small files is more important. That's why in such applications, the Sandisk microSDHC will perform faster than the PNY and Polaroid cards, even though they are also rated as 'class-10'.

[Bottom Line]
As of this writing, the Sandisk Ultra microSDHC card ia actually priced lower than other class-10 cards from PNY and Polaroid. This makes the Sandisk the best value - especially if you need honest class-10 performance across all platforms.

[Side Notes]
- Do not confuse this Sandisk Ultra card with SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC (SDSDQY-032G-U46A). The latter is rated for class-6 only.
- The size of this '32GB' card is 29.7GB according to my computer. This is actually normal because computer people count one Gig as "2 to the power 30", which is 7.3% larger than one billion. So 29.7GB translates to 31.9 billion bytes, which is '32GB' according to marketing people.

[Update on Feb 4, 2013]
1. Amazon combined the Sandisk Ultra 32GB and 64GB cards on the same product page. Please beware that your intended appliance must be compatible with 'SDXC' in order to used the 64GB version. My original review refers to the 32GB 'SDHC' version.

2. There are two part numbers for the same card. If you start from the Amazon product page and select 'Retail Packaging', you'll see the part number of SDSDQUA-032G-U46A. But if you click on 'Frustration Free Package', the part number changes to SDSDQU-032G-AFFP-A.

[Update on Oct 5, 2013]
The Sandisk microSDHC card works great in my new Samsung Galaxy S3, without the need for reformat (the default format is FAT32)

[Update on Dec 26, 2013]
My old test results were limited by the card reader and USB 2.0 port used. I re-tested the Sandisk UHS1 micro card using the Transcend RDF5 Card Reader connected to an USB 3.0 port. Here are the results from 'CrystalDiskMark 3.01 x64':
- Sequential Read speed = 40.0MB/s (was 34.8MB/s when connected to USB 2.0 port)
- Sequential Write speed = 13.1MB/s (was 12.6MB/s when connected to USB 2.0 port)

1,827 of 1,974 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars 1 Star reviews - Micro SDXC card unmounts itself in Galaxy S4 - Solution found - RMA card - Faulty card - instructions in review, August 5, 2013

I give SanDisk 5 stars for customer service and 1 star for the product (for those manufactured in the past) For those newly manufactured products that contain the software ROM fix, I'd give the product 5 stars.

To all those who purchased this card due to all the great reviews.... and then used it in a Galaxy S4 (GS4) smartphone for storage, the solution to the problem is not one you can solve without returning the card to SanDisk for a replacement under warranty. Believe me I tried everything that the Google searches returned as solutions... formatting as exFAT, formatting in the GS4 then copying data to the card while in the phone etc.... nothing worked... and so now please stop pulling out your hair and hopefully you will get the same result which I hope to get soon (just RMA'd and will send it back tomorrow for a free replacement under warranty).

The problem (As confirmed from the SanDisk customer support rep when I asked specifically asked him):

- When used in the GS4, this card will unmount itself inadvertently (may be true only for cards manufactured before the ROM patch described below was implemented in manufacturing). This can cause the data to become corrupt (luckily was not my experience) and / or can be very frustrating as most of us are saving 13 MP camera pictures to the card (or MP4 movies that stop in the middle of the movie) and it unmounts when you view the picture in the gallery or worse, right when you take the picture (this was the issue I experienced).

- SanDisk knows about this issue. Again, SANDISK KNOWS ABOUT THE ISSUE AND WILL REPLACE YOUR CARD. Call them (info below) and they WILL take care of it under warranty. They have a good name for a reason and they want to keep it. (sorry SanDisk about the 1 star, but I thought it was the way to get the message out to those searching for a solution)

- The customer rep told me that SanDisk tried to work with Samsung to resolve the issue but Samsung refused to acknowledge a problem exists with this card and some of their phones (especially their flagship GS4 phones).

- The customer rep told me that to their knowledge the card works fine in regular cameras (not Samsung GS4 phones with cameras, obviously) and even worked fine in some phones from HTC etc. that could accommodate the 64 GB cards. Hence the 5 star ratings from others.

- The solution SanDisk came up with was to write a patch into the ROM of the card itself to specifically address the issue on Samsung GS4 phones (and maybe other Samsung phones like the GS3). I was assured that the new card I would get would work flawlessly. will see in about 3 weeks.

- I purchased my card from Amazon June 2013, so the ones currently being manufactured and the one I should get will have the new patch. However, as SanDisk manufactures in batches (like most of the industry), old batches of "unpatched" cards obviously exist in warehouses.

- I asked about a software patch I could download and was told it's not possible... hence the "hard coded patch" in the card's ROM

So... how to take care of the problem....

After speaking with the SanDisk US customer support (link and info below), this is what I learned and did.
Go to the SanDisk site

1) [...]
2) call consumer products support (this is the US no.) 1-866-SANDISK (726-3475)
3) Tell them that the card is unmounting itself in your GS4 (I assume this is also a problem experienced by GS3 owners too)
4) They will then confirm your information, approve your return (10-15 min approval window by mine was basically instantaneously), and then send you emails with a UPS return label and instructions.
5) BTW, they also asked if I had a magnifying glass to ID the serial no. on the card, but I didn't and couldn't read it myself (those numbers are super small printed into the plastic... don't believe me? take a look yourself.) I told the rep I couldn't read them and he said no problem, they would process without the serial no. I assume this is because they send you a new replacement card only when they receive your card you send in. Makes sense.

Well, that's it. Problem (hopefully) solved. Let's see in 2-3 weeks. The rep was super nice about it and seemed like they were all too familiar with the problem. KUDOS TO SANDISK FOR TAKING CARE OF IT... however, it would be nice if there was some type of communication / notice of the issue besides Google info sources, forums etc. I spent hours, maybe a couple of days total hours worth, thinking it was an issue with my phone / my data transfer. oh well, that's how it goes.

I really hope that this review helps some of you out there with the same problem as me. GOOD LUCK!!

(btw, I'd give the card 5 stars if this problem was solved in the patched ROM of newer cards as the data transfer speeds are awesome on the card (tested transferring data via a card reader hooked to my computer)... if the data transfer / remaining mounted in the GS4 issue never existed (pre-patch of ROM, of course))

UPDATE: 08/17/2013 - All went well with the return of the SanDisk Storage card. UPS shipping took about 2 days from when I sent it, SanDisk verified the warranty claim 1 day later and 5 hours later that same day, my replacement card had been shipped. waiting on the new card now, but expect to test it out very soon (early next week). will update the post after testing out the new card. Just as a reference, I've been using a 32GB Micro SD HC SanDisk card in the GS4 since having shipped the 64GB card. Obviously it's a different card and not the Micro SD XC kind. Other than a bit slower access speeds to the card, absolutely zero problems.... well if you don't count that it's basically filled up, hence why the 64GB option is great on the GS4. So it proves the point on the problem with the early build Micro SD XC 64GB cards.

I'm happy to see that my review has helped some others out there. Good luck to you in your warranty claim. my experience with SanDisk customer support has been excellent so far.

Update: 08/21/2013 - Received the new replacement SanDisk Storage card just a few days ago (shipping back to me once they agreed it was defective was a very short time window). Have had it running in the Galaxy S4 for a few days now without any jumps, stutters or card unloading in the middle of picture or video taking. Card seems to work flawlessly as the SanDisk Rep mentioned it would. One would think it's such a short time to test after a few days of use, but if this were not fixed already it would have dismounted in the first 45 minutes... that's how often and how fast it was occurring. so it would seem the problem is solved. The new SD card makes the phone even more responsive when moving between pictures in the gallery and performing other tasks like copying files to the card. Thanks SanDisk! Unless I update this review by next week, you will know that the problem has been fixed.

Good luck to those with similar problems as we now know how to get it fixed thanks to SanDisks great responsive customer service.

Update: 08/31/2013 - This is the last update to this review just to "close the loop". The new replacement card from SanDisk has been running flawlessly for about 2 weeks now. I have not experienced any of the initial problems. SanDisk really did fix the issues in the new batch of cards.

Update: 12/09/2013 - The card has been running in my GS4 flawlessly since replacing it around Aug 21st. Pretty good track record so far (~ 3.5 months) so it appears to be fixed with the newly manufactured (replacement) cards.

For those that have left comments that I should change the rating upwards now that the issue is fixed (see my addition at the beginning of this review)... When searching for a solution to a problem with a purchased product, most people start at the 1 star reviews to see what others have experienced. This is especially true for products with a lot of reviews (this is what I did in the beginning with this product). Therefore I think leaving it at 1 star and adding the comments at the beginning should clarify the review.

Thanks to review commenter "Da Shocker" for his input. I think he sums it up very well when it comes to the value of files stored on media like this:

"One more thing.. to those not happy with the one star rating by this person go ahead buy one. Take tons of pics vids and save some music on there then when the card crashes come back and give it a five star. A card cost $50-$100 pictures from a vacation or family event are priceless.. "

5.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy S3, July 2, 2012
Works great with my Galaxy S3. Didn't need to format the card or anything. Just popped the card in and everything worked great out of the box. Transfer speeds are excellent with this card. I would recommend this card to everyone.

August 2013, 1 Year Update: My card is still working great to this day. I haven't had any issues with my card at all and transfer speeds are still great. I have had more than 50 GB of information on the card at all times as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after one week., July 5, 2012
G. Taylor (Cedar Park, TX United States) - See all my reviews
As someone else mentioned I was also surprised to get the class 10 version of the SanDisk 64GB MicroSDXC card when the description shows a class 6. Faster is better so I had no problem with that. I inserted it into my Galaxy S3 and it was recognized by the phone and my Windows Vista machine. Using Vista I created several directories and loaded about 10GB of pictures onto the card. Everything seemed ok. I could see them on the phone and the computer. A few days later I took some pictures with the phone which were sent to the card. After 8 pictures the phone reported the card was malfunctioning and all further pictures would go to the built in phone memory. I plugged the phone into the computer and the card was no longer readable. It showed up as empty. I reformatted the card using the phone and now it refuses to recognize the card at all. When I attempt to mount the card it reports an error and refuses to mount. In the documention from the seller it states that there is no returns once the package is opened so now you know. Buy at your own risk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great card once it is formatted correctly, July 14, 2012
Initially when I inserted the card into the Samsung Galaxy S3 it recognized it but it wasn't able to format it correctly. After doing some research I found a free program EaseUS Partition Master [...] that will format the card into FAT 32 since Windows no longer allows you to do it by default. After formatting it into fat 32 the phone recognized the card and it works great now. I hope this helps anyone else that might run into this problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super high capacity!!! Excellent price (on Amazon) and it works great with my Note 2!!!, March 7, 2014
This review is from: SanDisk Ultra 128GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card Speed Up To 30MB/s With Adapter - SDSDQUA-128G-G46A [Old Version] (Personal Computers)
Sandisk announcement of the first 128GB micro SD took internet by storm. Our phones evolved into multimedia powerhouses with 5.5"-6" displays, desktop grade processing power, OTG support for external peripheral accessories, powerful cameras, and more. The only thing was missing a super high capacity internal removable storage at an affordable price. 128GB micro SD announcement finally filled that gap, supported by amazon current sale of $119 shipped, but the question still remained if some of the older smartphones will be able to handle/recognize this capacity. I was personally curious considering original Note 2 spec was calling for support of up to 64GB only.

Now, about the card itself. Its their Ultra edition with a read speeds of up 30MB/s and Class 10 performance. As part of Ultra edition it's considered to be waterproof, temperature-proof, x-ray-proof, magnet-proof, and also shockproof. In addition to a flash card itself, it also includes SD adapter for compatibility with digital cameras and also direct reading on laptops/PCs support SD card.

So here comes the verdict: IT WORKS with Note 2!!! My Note 2 is all stock, Verizon SCH-I605 version, running stock Android 4.3. I checked the card first with an adapter on my laptop and then mounted it on my Note 2 where it was recognized with a right capacity. I also ran A1 SD Benchmark app (both long and accurate benchmark tests) to verify it with success. Read/write speed were not quite near 30MB/s, but it's still pretty good.

My opinion? This card takes multimedia powerhouse Note 2 to the next level!!! Now you don't have to be limited and can store your favorite albums in FLAC audio format, or have a small library of your favorite movies stored permanently, or take more high def videos, and so on. Just always stay up to date with backups. If flash card fails, it will be covered under warranty, but your pictures and videos will be lost forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Samsung Galaxy S3 but requires FAT32 formatting, July 9, 2013
I was able to get the SanDisk 64GB Micro SD Card to work reliably in a Samsung Galaxy S3 but I had to reformat the card to FAT32. The Samsung Galaxy S3 formats SD cards greater than 32GB with the Microsoft exFAT format. I was unable to operate the SanDisk 64GB Micro SD card reliably using the exFAT format. The card worked when it was first installed but began to degrade shortly after I started using it. Below are the problems I noticed:

1. The data I put on the SD card would suddenly stop appearing on the S3. Rebooting the S3 would bring the data back for a few hours to a few days but the data would eventually disappear again. Storage settings indicated that the card was mounted but the MyFiles application would not display the external SD card called extSdCard.

2. After a few reboots of the S3, the following error message would be generated: "Damaged SD card. You may have to reformat." Storage settings indicated that the SD card was not mounted. Attempting to mount the SD card generated the error message again without mounting the card. Reformatting in the phone with exFAT would restore the SD card to operation but all data on the card is lost during the reformat. Before reformatting I removed the SD card from the phone and inserted into a Windows 7 laptop card reader but the laptop card reader generated an error message indicating it could not access the card.

3. A fresh SD card reformat would restore the SD card to operation. But while transferring files from a Windows 7 laptop over the USB cable the file transfer would suddenly stop with "Error copying files" messages. The card was still mounted but was no longer displayed in My Files. The Windows 7 PC displayed the Samsung S3 and two attached drives, Card (The external Micro SD Card) and Phone (The internal SD memory). However the Card drive contained no files or directories. No files or directories could be copied to it without generating an error message. A reboot of the phone would restore the SD card to operation and file copying could be continued. However issues 1 and 2 above would eventually occur again resulting in loss of the copied files.

Based on the above, I did some tests to see if I could determine the problem:

A. I performed lengthy file copy and file access testing on the SanDisk 64GB MicroSD card from a card reader attached to a Windows 7 laptop using the exFAT format and could not duplicate the error.

B. I performed lengthy file copy and file access testing on a spare SanDisk 32GB MicroSD card from a card reader attached to a Windows 7 Laptop using the FAT32 format and could not duplicate the error.

C. I performed lengthy file copy and file access testing on the SanDisk 64GB MicroSD card from both a USB and wireless connection between a Windows 7 laptop and the Samsung S3 and I COULD CAUSE THE PROBLEM TO OCCUR REPEATABLY.

D. I performed lengthy file copy and file access testing on the SanDisk 32GB MicroSD card from both a USB and wireless connection between a Windows 7 laptop and the Samsung S3 and could not replicate the problem.

Based on the result in test C, I made the following judgments:

1. The new SanDisk 64GB Micro SD card was not causing the problem.
2. Hardware or software in the Windows 7 laptop was not causing the problem.
3. The exFAT driver in the Samsung Galaxy S3 was likely THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM.

Based on the results above, I elected to reformat the SanDisk 64GB MicroSD card using the FAT32 format and repeat the tests.

The product information on this Amazon page claims that any other format other than exFAT may cause instability. This claim is not true. The SanDisk 64GB MicroSD card is a simple storage device. Data allocation and management is a system function that occurs independently of the SD card. If the system drivers are stable for a given format and support a given format for a specific SD card size, it does not matter which format you choose.

The product information on this Amazon page claims that the SanDisk 64GB MicroSD card is compatible only with SDXC enabled devices in exFAT format. This claim is not true as my testing shows that the compatible format is a system determined function, not a storage determined function. You can use any storage format that your device supports.

Here's what I did to fix the problem:

1. Downloaded MiniTools Partition Wizard Home Edition ([...] Consider purchasing the Professional version if you get a lot of value from the free product.
2. Reformatted the MicroSD card with the FAT32 format.
3. Tested the 64GB SD Card (FAT32) on the Windows 7 laptop card reader.
4. Tested the 64GB SD Card (FAT32) on the Samsung Galaxy S3.

The results of the testing indicated that the FAT32 format mounts perfectly on the Samsung Galaxy S3 and operates normally and reliably. File transfers over USB and Wireless connections no longer fail. File access is now quick and reliable.

My recommendation is to definitely purchase the SanDisk 64GB MicroSD card for your Samsung Galaxy S3 if you need the speed and the space. But you will need to reformat the card to FAT32 before it will work reliably.

The only significant limitation to using FAT32 vs exFAT is that FAT32 files cannot be larger than 4GB. This isn't a problem for music files but could be a limitation if you want to store HD video. However, given the instability of the exFAT driver in the Samsung Galaxy S3 you may not be able to keep video files on an exFAT formatted SD card without data corruption.

The above testing, results, and recommendations only apply to the Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) running Android 4.1.1.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning, read this!, September 2, 2012
If your card gets hot enough to be painful, it is defective and you need to contact SanDisk!

From my experience, the larger micro SDs run hot on format and writing, but not to the pain threshold!

I purchased one of these cards to use in a camera and Android tablet. Great read speed but write speed was okay. Used card for about two weeks and then all my files disappeared! Tried to format the card and three different computers with XP, Windows, and Linux couldn't format it. The camera and tablet couldn't format it. I RMA'd it and got another because SanDisk is a good brand. I did notice that when formatting or writing the card it got hot, very hot.

Second card didn't last 24 hours and had the exact same symptoms as the first card. Write a file or format it resulted in the card getting hot enough to reach the pain threshold. I called up SanDisk and while explaining this was the second card I'd received with the exact same symptoms, when I mentioned it getting hot, they immediately issued me an RMA. They said they were told to issue an RMA the moment they heard a card ran hot.

Smaller SanDisk micro SD's or regular SD's I have or use don't do this. I think SanDisk has an issue with this card.

The last 4 digits of the part number refer to the date code and origin of the card. Both cards had different date and origin codes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Format it first, and Android 2.3.4 say no problem!, May 12, 2012
Harmless Gryphon (Nowhere worth mentioning) - See all my reviews
I'm currently running a HTC Sensation with Android 2.3.4 and (almost) all the current updates, which brings me to T-MOUS Firmware 1.50.somethingorother. I've read that this card has no problems working in said device, so I decided to give it a try. Worst case, I could put it in the laptop and use it as some extra storage.

The card arrived in real retail packaging, and as far as I can tell, is a genuine Sandisk product. Included were some coupons for music downloads (in the trash) and an SD-to-microSD adapter. No problems there.

This card won't work as-is. It comes formatted with a new version of FAT, called exFAT. This allows the OS to take advantage of the card's size while providing an across the board file system for devices. To the best of my knowledge, the only difference between XC and HC is the file system - the card itself has the same electrical interface.

To make this card work, you'll need a couple of things. A machine with either a SD card reader, or an external dongle device, and some programs. Windows will no longer format drives larger than 32GB, even with the command line trick. So, search for a fat32 formatter program. I used fat32format from Ridgecrop Consultants, Ltd. It's a free command line program, and only does one thing. Search for it and you'll find it on the first page of results.

After the card was formatted, I installed it into the phone and booted, and checked the SD card. 59.4GB! Yes! I formatted it again on the phone to make sure everything was good, and copied the files from my old card over. No problems, and I have something like 40GB left.

If you're lucky, your phone will format this card direct. Mine wouldn't. I keep the fat32format program on the card now, just in case.

So, in conclusion:

Works fine on a Sensation with Gingerbread 2.3.4, firmware 1.50.
Format it on a computer first, use a fat32 formatter
Seems legit, running for a week now with no issues.
Speed? Don't know. No noticeable difference between this and the last device.
Music downloads? Yawn.
Included SD adapter works with all microSD cards.

Rate and Discover Movies