5.0 out of 5 stars A unique and very well designed product
Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:45 Mins
Sandisk put a lot of thought into designing this product, and it shows. It's a USB flash drive (with removable storage) that doubles as a wireless network drive compatible with Android and iOS devices.

Using it with a computer is easy, just plug it in like any other flash drive. Phones and tablets access the device via WiFi and a...
Published 11 months ago by Lon J. Seidman

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing
I bought this device for use in my family trips.

My primary use was to offload photos and videos from my iphone
as soon as it gets filled.

In my first use, I discovered that all files that I uploaded to
the device had their Creation/modification date changed to Uploaded date.

I use to control my original photos and movies by...
Published 8 months ago by Osvaldo Seidi Nakamura

‹ Previous | 14 5 644 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Single Point of File Storage For All of Your Devices, August 5, 2013
David Girod (Westminster, Maryland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: SanDisk Connect 32GB Wireless Flash Drive For Smartphones And Tablets- SDWS2-032G-E57 (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
SanDisk OWNS the Flash Drive space. From the first generation of their USB Flash drives to this Wireless Flash Drive, SanDisk continues to define and re-define the standard.

With this 32GB Wireless flash drive, you get a large amount of storage for a small price point, and it can work just like the previous USB Flash Drives you are familiar with, simply plug into your PC and your good to go. But where the real selling point comes in is that this drive can then take those files and wirelessly transfer those files to multiple devices wirelessly. You don't even need access to the internet.

Simply charge up the SanDisk drive, and it will actively seek out any compatible devices, from your iPad or phone to your PC, creating a network. From there you can simply send files to each and every device on the network.

Want to share vacation photos with the whole family? Need to access some files from your work PC to take home? The SanDisk allows you to do this, and much more. Very user friendly with easy to follow instructions included, this flash drive makes storing and sharing files very easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple storage savior, March 18, 2014
Since Apple products do not have sd slots, I'm glad that SanDisk came up with this, I would rather have the data with me then on a "cloud"! If you have an IPad, any version, and your tight on space this is the answer to your frustrations!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool way to store and share photos and videos, July 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had no idea this thing would be so handy.

It looks like a regular USB flash drive, but it adds the ability to act as a Wifi-based file server too. You can connect to it from any iOS device like an iPad or iPhone by using the free Sandisk app.

The device has several interesting features:
* Direct Wifi access where you connect directly to the device like you're connecting to an access point
* "indirect Wifi access" where the device connects to an existing WiFi network and it can be accessed by users who are connected to the existing network already.
* Removable micro-SD card. It comes with 32G, which is a TON of room for me.
* You can upload and download to the device. This is great, because sometimes I'll be away from home with my iPhone and will fill the phone with videos or photos and am stuck until I can get home and move them off again. With this, I can upload photos and videos from my phone into the device and free up space on the phone.
* Can be powered with USB while in operation. I was a bit concerned about sustained use while I was away from home, but you can plug it into any USB power source like what's available in many cars, external USB battery packs, etc.
* Very inexpensive considering the features and usability.

I'm thinking about loading this up with movies for our next road trip, plugging it into the usb port in the car and letting the kids watch movies from it.

Edit (Aug 30, 2013) My prior testing was with the iOS apps. I've tried this with the Android app (2013 Nexus 7 - with 4.3) now and it works great as well.

I'll post updates as they happen.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing design and execution, December 3, 2013
A real disappointment. When you plug it into your PC, it acts like a stick drive - a standard FAT file system with arbitrary folders and files. I had expected the same when I accessed it over my WiFi LAN, but NO. You need and are limited to special apps with your mobile devices, and a browser with your PC, and this access is oriented towards trivial photo and music file sharing. Add this to the occasional crash and slow data transfer, and this device is a waste of money. Use a free cloud service instead.

Presumably there is a Linux OS underneath, so why didn't they just expose a wireless SAMBA file server?

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Dec 4, 2013 6:43:11 PM PST
Hi David A. Low,

My name is Allen from SanDisk Support. I appreciate your feedback for our new Connect Wireless Flash drive. The Current design only allows access via Wi-fi through the Wireless Flash Drive App or via a Web Browser.

If you have additional suggestions, please feel free to contact SanDisk support at 1-866-SANDISK or submit a support request at www.sandisk.com/support.

Thank you for choosing SanDisk.

Allen,
SanDisk Support.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea and Implementation, July 13, 2014
SanDisk may have problems producing decent mp3 players but their memory cards and this 32GB Wireless Flash Drive are a great value. They work well, and provide outstanding value. I bought this device to use in the classroom and at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked flawlessly transferring over 15,000 images!!!, July 12, 2014
I purchased the SanDisk Connect as a way to clear photos off my iPad. As an automotive enthusiast I had amassed over 15,000 car images on my tablet. All attempts to get my iPad connected to my Windows laptop had failed and the necessary driver could not be found. So just by chance I came across the SanDisk Cruiser here on Amazon. After first reading the description I was unsure if the Cruiser would work for my purposes. So I read through the Q&A section and sent an email to someone who responded to someone else's question. Luckily he was kind enough to answer my question. I ordered the drive and received it two days later. After a brief charging I was ready to go. I started off small and transferred a folder which contained approximately 2,000 images. It took about half an hour to forty-five minutes to complete the transfer but the device worked flawlessly! After my test run I proceeded to go for it and hit "select all" and the SanDisk Connect did exactly what it is advertised to do. I have also transferred some of the images from the drive directly to my Windows laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, June 24, 2014
If your company requires you to use a laptop, an I Pad, and an android phone this is such a handy and efficient way to share files.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ehhhh..., June 9, 2014
I like my drive, BUT I have a couple of issues. When transferring data, it sometimes times out. Also the little part in the front that slides back is so wide, it covers 1/2 of the second port on my macbook pro so when I use it to access files, I had to buy an external usb port hub because of that one design flaw :/ I have the same issue on my work pc and home desktop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 9, 2014
This has a memory chip that works in tablet or smart phones and. it is a network plash drive too

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is claims it does, no hassle., May 13, 2014
It works, it's easy to use, it's easy to install and charge and plug in etc. I don't know what all the reviewers are doing that claim trouble, but I just got one here in 2014 and it works great with my MacBook Pro and iPhone and iPad. I've never had any issues with SanDisk products.

‹ Previous | 14 5 644 | Next ›