1. Can I free up memory space on my mobile device using the Wireless Flash Drive?
Yes, you can upload your photos and videos from your mobile device to the Wireless Flash Drive to free up storage space.
2. Can I connect the Wireless Flash Drive to my mobile device and keep my mobile device connected to the internet?
Yes, you can set up preferred WiFi networks for the drive to join so your device can keep its Internet connection while connected to the drive.
3. Can I stream videos and music from the Wireless Flash Drive directly to my mobile device so I don't need to move them onto my mobile device first?
Yes, the Wireless Flash Drive can stream movies and videos so you won't need to copy them to your mobile device to enjoy them. Please note that not all content can be streamed due to digital rights management protection. Always check with the content provider for playback restrictions.
4. Can I stream iTunes purchased movies and music?
Yes. However, some DRM protected content such as iTunes rented content, and Kindle purchased or rented content may not stream.
5. What file types can be transferred between my mobile device and the drive?
Download the SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive free mobile app so you can transfer photos, videos, documents, music and any other file type.
6. Can I swap the micro SD card in the drive with a higher capacity card? What's the largest micro SD card the drive supports?
Yes, the micro SDHC or micro SDXC card in the Wireless Flash Drive can be exchanged for an alternate card with a higher capacity. All drives can support up to 128 GB micro SDXC cards. However, drives shipping with 16 GB and 32 GB only support FAT 32, so 64 and 128 GB cards will require formatting.
7. Which mobile devices are compatible with SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive?
SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive supports mobile devices running iOS version 5.0 or higher, or Android version 2.3 or higher. PC system requirements are: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Mac OS 10.5.x+, or later.
(1) Some DRM-protected content cannot be streamed. Check with the content provider for playback restrictions.
(2) Based on streaming 720p content at 2mbps to one device; actual life and performance may vary depending upon usage and settings; battery not replaceable.
(3) 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage less.