Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sanctuary (The Sanctuary Series Book 1)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 13, 2013
The story had some smart twists which make a second book required. I enjoyed the broad depth of the alien invasion and the heroic fights by the "wolves". In short, humans are our normal divided selves and the aliens come. If you like military sci-fi you should enjoy this plot, its all combat.
on August 3, 2015
NW has written of thumbs planet settled by humans. The population is millions. The defending forces are destroyed and then TB bombardment begins. This is an excellent example of one race terminating
another.....ER
on January 22, 2013
If you like space operas this series is one you will enjoy. I'm not sure that I will continue with this series. Mostly because I already following other stories. The antagonist's in this story are what will make this worth reading. I hope this review helps.
on October 26, 2012
This was pretty darn good for a first effort. It was a bit pedantic in places, had to resort to the dictionary much to often for esoteric words. I await the next installment. Could pick up the pace a bit next go around.
on December 20, 2012
I like the premise that the story brings forth. Un communicative aliens coming in at the time of a civil war is a smart start. There was a good mix of ground and space combat. I am looking forward to reading some more books in the series.
on November 11, 2012
Sorry, this is going to be a bit of a long review. I thoroughly enjoyed Sanctuary. It was very well written. I liked the way it got right into the story, and used flashbacks and scene changes to keep me interested. It never got stale. The superior storyline and tie-ins of the perspectives show that a lot of work was put into getting the story right (you do, however, have to read the whole book to really grasp some of the more subtle things, the first fifteen pages or so are, more or less, nothing but space combat. After that the real story starts).
The story was nothing short of epic. I don't know how else to say it. Be sure you know basic scientific concepts and can think through things logically; you don't need this, but you'll have a better time of it. What I'm saying is you need to be sharper than at least half the knives in the drawer. Uses high-level vocabulary, and uses it correctly.
The descriptions really gave me a view of what things should look like. Reminds me of myself, clearly wanted everything to be thought of exactly as it was imagined. Shows dedication to the craft.
I didn't like how the backstories for the commandos were all together, but that's where the criticism ends. They were polished, well done, and could be people; their pasts and such stood out to me as showing a bigger picture behind the scenes. One or two of the miscellaneous people were too archetypal for me, but that's alright, you're bound to see that in most anything.
There was one thing in the guide, the author called a cruiser a carrier, probably a mistype. One mistake, that wasn't even in the body of the text, is a-ok with me. The description of the main character's demeanor was a bit off to me as well. Don't let that deter you; while on deterrents, if you aren't into space combat, the first chapter will bore you. But after that, it's smooth sailing.
I found the alien perspectives refreshingly new (the "translator's note" at the end was worth a chuckle). Speaking (writing?) of the end, I found the guide interesting. It provided information and lore. They did a good job explaining in those little essays why certain things weren't in the universe. That was new to me, I liked it. The ending essay, the longest one, on general space combat in this universe was interesting. Overall, well done. Definitely five stars.
on January 15, 2013
Well written loved it, was very entertaining and did a fine job with the characters left me wanting more and more
on January 5, 2013
He ( the author) did not stay on a single thought before he went forward with his story, The author jumped from one character to another before, he finisned his story line.
on April 13, 2013
It was an okay science fiction story but not a whole lot of interesting ideas or plots. Maybe it's aimed at a different target market.
on August 29, 2013
This was a very interesting read. I can't wait for the next book. I like when the story fits what my expectation of things are