Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 13, 2009
Purchased this a few weeks ago, very pleased with the capacity. Works well in my Sony Ericson W760a phone.

The Good: large capacity, works in phone even though phone says max capacity of 4gb. Have not lost any data.

The Bad: This may be due to the phone, but the 4gb card will sync and load music without any disconnects. Once installed into my phone, syncing becomes a royal pain in the you-know-where. Frequently (from 2 to 25 songs into syncing) the sync software no longer sees the phone, although the computer does. Again, this did not occur with the 4gb card. Even tried putting the 4gb card back in, and it works like a charm.

The Work-Around: Purchased a Sandisk MobileMate Micro SD & M2 Reader (SDDR-121, Bulk Package)from JoWow here on Amazon. It costs $7.61 with shipping. The reader is extremely small. Put the 8gb card in the reader, then plug it into the USB port, then transfer of data/mp3's, etcetera occurs at normal 'reasonable' speeds.

The reason for only 3 stars is due to the frustration with loading data via the phone's USB connection. 8gb card disconnects, 4gb card does not.

I would recommend, but save yourself some frustration, and get the above-listed reader at the same time. My computer's reader will not take either the M2 card or the 'special adaptor' that came with my 4gb card.
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2012
Just what I needed for my little voice recorder. It came in quickly and the memory is awesome for the price. Sometimes I wonder why Apple has to over price their products such as the iPod touch when it comes down to upgrading the memory. I mean common an upgrade for an iPod touch from 8-16 GB is 100 dollars! WTF! A little memory stick as small as this has 8gb for 10 dollars! Anyways... enough babbling on this is a nice nice product for the price!
on November 14, 2011
This micro stick works flawlessly in the Sony PSP when used with a M2 micro to full-size memory stick adapter. I decided to give it a try due to the price difference...it cost me around $9, then another $1 for the adapter, with free 2 day shipping as I'm a Prime member. The full sized memory card pro duo in 4gb was around $20 and the 8gb around $35 at the time of my purchase, and I personally couldn't see a reason to spend more than triple the money for the same storage size.

I have a star wars special edition PSP, model 3001, which included a 1gb memory stick and a game. I signed up for Playsyation Plus on my PS3, which included quite a few free PSP games...the problem I ran into was 300-500mb games not fitting on my little 1gb card. When I received the 8gb card I popped it into my PSP, connected it to my PS3 with a USB cable and downloaded all of my games, ending up with around 3.5gb of storage left. The speed on the card is great, the games run from memory much faster than from a UMD, and I've had no issues with the card at all...I use it 4-5 days a week and I'm perfectly happy with it. Highly reccommended!
on May 23, 2011
I bought this MS Micro Card roughly 2 year back from Amazon for my Sony Ericsson W518a... It has been reliable all since... Once I dropped my phone inside a glass of water, my phone's camera stopped working, but the card still works fine - had no issues. Good product overall.
on May 18, 2015
I bought this SD card to use with my Sony voice recorder that I use to take notes during classes. While the SD card does fit the recorder in terms of size, the SD card does not interface with the recorder well. In other words the recording from the recorder do not get saved onto the SD card but on the recorders hard drive instead which is disappointing, but I can now use the SD card in other electronics which is what I plan to do.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2013
The memory stick did not work in my digital recorder and subsequent research suggested that it was a phony. I returned it for a refund and went to Fry's and bought a packaged micro from Sony. No problems.
on December 29, 2013
I purchased a mini voice recorder and on the amazon page it said "purchase with" this sandisk for a better price for the two. Well I thought that was great. I could store more information and not worry about a meeting running over and the recorder not having enough memory. I got them in the mail and from day one I haven't been able to use the disk. The recorder has to find it then it has to sync up with it and after 5 hours of syncing a blank disk I gave up. I have since tried it 3 more times and it never works. So I just don't use it. I do not think that it is a problem with the disk as much as the recorders ability to read it and sync up with it. Maybe it is just too large in its 8 gb capacity.
on January 18, 2014
My first M2 was only 2GB, and I think it cost $50 at a local computer store. I needed more storage space for photos & music, and was amazed that an 8GB M2 was so much cheaper on amazon!

My M2 saves photos quickly, and data transfer is quick too. The only trouble I've ever had with it is that maybe once or twice I've had to remove & reinsert the M2. For whatever reason (once in a blue moon) my phone doesn't recognize the M2 (I can tell because I can't view the photos I use as wallpaper & screensaver, but all I have to do is remove and reinsert the M2, and it works perfectly after that.
on June 30, 2013
I bought the Mike. Worked very good. I didn't really need to hear the recipe for Quacamole my sis-in-law was relating two rooms away, but the function that deletes background took care of that. Hope I don't need that recipe in the future ...
I don't think I actually needed the mike, because the recorder was tested for 40 feet (I could listen to the TV from the curb in front the house) but I really felt out of my depth in this clandestine sort of surveillance stuff and I felt that I would only have one chance to get the words. I do not regret buying this item.
PS: no. I wouldn't make a good spy. Plain life produces situations like divorce, custody battles, work place situations ... if overt doesn't work, one must take adbantage of alternate solutions
on November 27, 2013
Works Great! Good technology for it's time. Very compact. When used in conjunction with the Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder (ICD-PX312), it makes the power on time VERY LONG (2 to 4 minutes) even when there are only a couple on short recording on the flash device. The access time for this Sandisk 8GB M2 memory stick may work great with other electronic devices though. I think the slow access time is a Sony problem, especially considering that the Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder (ICD-PX312) is now listed as "discontinued" on the Sony Web page.