Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on January 12, 2009
This card reader can read SD, SDHC and microSD (two different slots), the price is right and Sandisk tech support is easy to reach. However, my unit would NOT read any SD or SDHC disk I had UNTIL I figured out with Sandisk tech support, that you CANNOT push the disk in all the way until it is seated. You can only push it in until the LED light comes on and if you push past that point, the card's contacts will go past the reader's contacts and the connection is lost. The most annoying thing is that there is no detente or click or anything, you just have to "play with it a little" to get good contact. The microSD reader slot works fine however if you push the card all the way in.

Sandisk acknowledges a design issue with the card reader and said they talked to their engineers about changing it. I probably won't bother to return as it does work, but this is not what I expected.
66 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2007
Tiny, inexpensive and stylish. This little card reader will read just about any type of memory card on the market today. Well... except CF (some digital SLR still use those).
Great device, esp if you have a PDA, PSP, digital camera or anything that could benefit from the speed increase. Tested with various types of cards and constantly scored read rates of over 10 MB/s, even more than 20 MB/s using a 1GB Kingston microSD.
on December 26, 2007
Just slightly larger in size than my Sony flash drive, this card reader has slots for mini and micro size SD cards. I use mine with my Kingston SD card - Kingston 2GB Secure Digital Memory Card (SD/2GB, Retail Package).

This reader has a cap that pops on over the USB connection and can pop onto the other end of the reader when in use so you don't lose it (I particularly appreciate this convenient little feature since I lose everything).

There is a spot in the cap to attach a carry strap that is larger than those little indented spots in most tiny items these days, so it's not so much of a pain to attach a strap.

It works great, is convenient, and is well designed. This is a must-have accessory for any item you will use in conjunction with just about any SD card.
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 23, 2008
I think the only useful thing that I can add is that this reader will help you if you have a MicroSD card in your cell phone and want a quick way to transfer large files. I have tried transferring files (videos, pictures, etc) from my cell phone via the USB cable but it takes a very long time. With this adapter you can make those transfers very quickly.

The main drawback is that it is larger than I expected. I'm not sure why it needs to be so large when it has no internal memory of its own.
on February 11, 2008
Very good tool. My intended use was as a Linux "live thumb" for use on systems other than my own. It does that fine, and due to the multiple card types it takes (micro, mini and standard SD) I was happy to find that downloading the images from my 3MP phone that uses Micro-SD to be a very simple matter - no futzing with the Standard-SD adapter AND the USB dongle - just slip the Micro-SD in an off you go.

Another unexpected and happy feature was that with the memory card slot being partially external on the one side of the device, I am able to switch cards more easily in MS Windows as well. There is no need to "Safely remove hardware" (which requires me to wait 10-30 seconds for it to finish) then remove the device, switch cards, re-inster the device and wait another 10-30 for it to show back up. Instead, I just right-click and "Eject Media" (which is much faster since it does not actually unload the device, just the media itself) and pull just the card out. The data is immediately available when I put the other card in. No waiting.

Perhaps I am an impatient sort - but I like speed when accessing data. Now that I routinely use many cards (of all sizes and shapes) for various tasks through out the day - it adds up.

The only "odd" thing is the cap - it fits on the [...] of the device while in use and has a "string tie" loop to afix it (assumably) to the main device.. but no where to tie it onto the main device that I can find. *ponder* I don't want to loose it. *shrug* Oh well, I will just have to be mindful of the cap I guess.

Shipping and delivery were as expected and very good - no issues and I would buy from them again.
on September 30, 2007
Update: Sandisk replaced the defective item. The support team was very responsive, and we went back and forth trying to trouble shoot. I finally had to say that I was 100% sure that it was defective and ask for an RMA. That may have been their next step too, but I didn't wait.

The replacement item works fine. Because of the trouble I went through with this, I'm only giving the item 3 stars. But other than the fact that I got a defective product the first time, what a great little portable SD card reader.
=============
Original Post:
MobileMate SD+ SDDR-104 -- I cannot read my 2GB Sandisk microSD card with this reader. I am very disappointed since I bought it specifically for that card. I can read the card using my Sansa MP3 player (in MTP mode)... I can also read the miniSD cards without a problem, but it still won't read the microSD card even when I use a miniSD adapter. I am currently waiting for a response from SanDisk and will update this review when I've heard back from them. Other than this, I've always liked SanDisk products.
on January 6, 2008
I borrowed one of these at work when my multi-reader SD slot turned out to be defective, and found that it was quick and easy to use. My experience with the one I purchased has been identical. The small, convenient, flash-drive-based reader is portable, and reads SD and SDHC cards, as well as micro SD and micro SDHC. It's so much faster to use than a camera connection, becuase you don't launch the imaging software; you can just work with the files.
The only potential negative (and this didn't bother me at all) I can think of is that it's not the normal size of a USB plug (though it is a pretty normal flash drive size), so that if you're using a USB hub, you might have to unplug some of the other slots because it's a little big, and because it has an SD card sticking out the side. Not a complaint, just an FYI--I'm very pleased with it.
on January 5, 2008
I take a lot of pictures with my 6 MP digital SLR. Moving even 100 pictures from my camera to my mac can take over 10 minutes. Using this card reader easily reduced the time needed to transfer my pictures to less than a minute.

My only negative feedback is that this reader can be used with several types of cards, each needing to be inserted in a different orientation or position. But there are no marks indicating how to insert the various cards, I have to refer to the packaging. Minor, but I though it was worth mentioning.
on February 8, 2008
I was having constant problems with my computer (an iMac) reading & writing files to my SD cards. After several frustrating hours alone and with Apple tech support, the tech finally asked me, "What brand of card reader are you using?" I had bought it at WalMart - it was so cheap it didn't even have a brand on it.

So I bought the Sandisk one, which cost a little more, and it works perfectly. So my advice is to spend the extra few buck and go with a brand name - Sandisk, for example.
on January 8, 2012
If the SD card is inserted too far, the computer doesn't see it. If not quite far enough, the computer tells me it needs to be formatted (even though the card has good data on it)! If inserted just right, then it works. Way too many headaches for what should be a simple device.