Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on September 29, 2006
I got this chip for my new Garmin 60CSx GPSmap handheld receiver.
It works well with this device. No formatting necessary.

It holds all of the 1.6 GB of maps in Garmin MapSource City Navigator North America v.8.
With this chip, I have all of the detailed mapping data for the Continental US, Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada. There is so much data that my neighbor's driveway is even on the map.

This chip is amazing. Imagine 2 GB of storage in a chip the size of a finger nail.
on October 26, 2006
I use my 2GB micro SD in my LG vx8300 cell. I also use it to transfer info just via standard SD. Both purposes work great. The size of the micro SD portion amazes everyone who I show (smaller than my thumb nail), and it holds 2GB!

Formatting the card works great. Speeds are great (with USB 2.0 -- any device will be solely limited by the device, not the speed of the card).

The greatest thing is you can transport information in a very small system (the micro SD) or do it in a very wide-spread standard (standard SD).

I have had no problems whatsoever with this card, and I'd recommend it to anyone who can use SD or micro SD!
on October 30, 2013
I mean they work, so I fig. that's worth 1 star but they were not Sandisk. They had generic text with no manufacture's name on them but what was really bad is that they were written on with an .exc file and a bunch of promotional files. At least that's what I think it all was. Took over an hour to securely erase one and 20 min. for the other. Only using them for a mp3 player. Wouldn't chance putting them in a phone or something with personal data.
on October 29, 2007
The MicroSD card saved me the trouble of carrying around a USB stick. With a 2 gig storage capacity, a MiniSD adapter as well as a USB adapter, this package is worth the price.

As a usage example: I can now take pictures on my digital camera that takes a MiniSD (using the adapter), then upload to a PC using the US adapter, and then put the MicroSD back in my blackberry, to take to work and show off the pictures. If I want to transfer some documents, I can very well do so, by connecting my blackberry to a PC and uploading straight through USB.

The plus is that I always have my blackberry, now I can say the same about my 2 gig memory.
on October 28, 2013
When you buy something "new" from Amazon you expect it to be NEW. This thing had a bunch of hockey videos on it from 2009 and a folder of music, which I didn't know about until it failed to load all the Garmin maps I wanted to put on it. I paid the "new" price for it. Get an honest supplier, Amazon!
on December 17, 2006
i spent some time researching whether this card would work with my vx8600 or vx8500 today. eventually reached an lg customer service rep and he indicated that the only card supported by these phones is the sandisk 1g card. he did tell me that they were working on the firmware updates to allow this card, but it would be a few months out before they could commit to the 2g card.
33 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2006
I guess the previous user had some bad luck. My 2 gig microSD is working perfectly fine. Formatted it both to FAT and FAT32 with no issues and have been using it for data transfer with no hitches. I'd buy another one easily if I had too. This thing is almost the size of a pill. It's kind of scary to think we now can almost swallow 2 gigs. =) Ahhhh technology.....
on January 10, 2007
I've had many memory cards in the past and have several devices and computers to use them with, and never have I had a problem until this card.

I paid top dollar and bought the SanDisk 2GB microSD card directly from a Cingular retail store for use with my Cingular 8525 phone, which I showed the rep and made them promise it would work fine.

When I first brought the card home, it did show up as 2GB on my laptop but only 1GB on my Cingular 8525.

I started to use it that way, but then the card errored when I started copying files to it, so I had to reformat it, and only FAT formatting would work using my laptop.

Now, no matter how many times I try reformatting or erasing the card, it will only format as a 1GB card.

VERY strange.

Tom

P.S. Solutions would be great to have if you would email me at Tom288@aol.com
on May 27, 2014
I popped this card straight into a camera to take some video. Afterwards, when I plugged it into my computer, there was no video recorded and I noticed the drive was labeled "USB COPIER." Those were both obvious clues something wasn't right, SanDisk would never ship cards that had a disk label like that. So I compared this card to a known legit SanDisk card and both it and the adapter it came with showed distinct differences in type face and styles.

Sending this card back for full refund. Will stick to buying from either B&H or a brick and mortar for SD cards from now on.
on March 20, 2014
I was very disappointed when I got this card. I believed I was getting a new card, but I got a used one.
It has FAT program on it and had some videos on it as well.
I deleted the videos, but don't know how to go about re-formating the memory card as it says it must be formated in order to use it.
I am sure it was sent to me by mistake.