Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on December 17, 2006
Like I said in my review for her slow cooker book, I love these books.

I do substitute a lot of pre-packaged items with fresh items, but I love the recipes more than I do that they are fast and easy. I just love how they are put together and that they taste great. And just because I choose to cook my own sweet potatoes rather than buy canned, or that I shred my own cheese, etc, doesn't mean that there aren't times I don't take advantage of the convience foods on the market today. There are times I don't want to cook but still have a family to feed anyway.

We can easily sub fresh ingredients over pre-packaged if that is a concern, but the recipes are great, the photos even better and the lay out is as good as it gets.

I will forever buy her books as long as the quality doesn't change.
VINE VOICEon November 29, 2006
I was shopping with my kids in the store today and picked up this book for a quick dinner idea. It took less than a few minutes to see this is the type of cookbook I've been looking for. I'm in nooooo way a skilled cook, but I'm at the age where I'm completely worn out on cooking and eating basic meat and potato meals that I grew up on. I want something different and tasty but easily managable to cook.

This book seems to be the answer. Both my wife and I work consantly and have kids to raise, so a 20-30 minute meal is a practical approach to better cooking.

My first first tasty dish I cooked this evening was Sandra's "Carribbean Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili." It both looks great and tastes delicious. And yes, it took about 20 minutes to prepare. In fact, it took longer to find the ingredients in the store than it did to actually cook it. It was a delicious alternative to the standard chili I've been making for years. I would have never thought to make chili with a can of sweet potatoes, mango nectar juice, and bleak peas! Served and eaten along side a pan of hot cornbread, it made a great first meal from this book.

Now my kids weren't too crazy about it, but my 9 year-old daughter did picked up the book and point out meals she wanted to try.

Semi-Homemade 20-Minute Meals is well designed, easy to follow cookbook for non-cooking people like myself.
on January 18, 2007
I've tried just a couple of receipes so far and they have been awesome. If you like salmon, try the broiled salmon with pesto mayonaise, delicious. Another good one is the tortilla soup. They have all been easy to make and really do only take 20 minutes to prepare and eat. I can't wait to try more.
on April 8, 2007
I was going to the grocery store to find something special for Easter dinner for my husband and I, something like a roast or another expensive piece of meat. First I stopped at the bookstore at the Mall, that's where I spotted Semi-Homemade 20 Minute Meals. I love Sandra on the Food Network so I bought the book. I looked through it for ideas for my Easter meal. Even though we have chicken quite often, I thought Kahlua Jerk Chicken sounded special. Then when it suggested Hawaiian Sweet Potatoes I knew it would be for us. It was so simple to make and was extra special for our Easter meal. The suggested buttered rice went perfect with it. Now we will be having Triple Chocolate Double Strawberry Sundae Sandwiches for dessert tonight. How easy! I love how the book suggests the side dish to go with the main course. That is always my dilemma, what goes with what? This is a great book and I will buy more.
on November 19, 2006
There's work ... and kids' activities ...and everything else you try to squeeze into your day ... who has time to make dinner?!? I think we all have 20 minutes ... and I thank Sandra Lee for giving us the book to make it all possible!!! After years of bagels and soup ... my kids are just loving this new experience called 'dinner' ... and so am I!!!
on December 10, 2006
If you're a cook dedicated to the idea of homemade fare who wants to produce dishes nearly from scratch in half the time, Sandra Lee's 'Semi-Homemade' is for you. Here are 20-minute meals which blend 70% ready-made foods with 30% fresh ingredients for the best of both worlds, with dishes a Creamy Succotash using frozen veggies and a white sauce mix to a unique Kahlua Jerk Chicken blending peanut butter with a jerk marinade and Poached Sole with Champaign Sauce. All are outstanding, easily-made dishes which feature the look of homemade and the convenience of pre-made ingredients.

Diane C. Donovan

California Bookwatch
on June 2, 2013
....okay, well at least the best one I've ever encountered. Anybody can put out a cook book with complicated recipes that take hours of prep-work to create great tasting dishes. It's actually harder to create a cook book filled with simple yet delicious recipes. I've got a couple Rachael Ray books that attempt the same and I just think there are more home-runs in this book than Rachael's.
on October 18, 2014
This is a very good cookbook. Easy to follow recipes and many that I am going to make. Also gave brand
names of products she used. Some products, of course, are not available in our area, but does give an
idea of what to look for. Photos of the finished recipe so you can tell how it should turn out which are well
done. All in all a great go to cookbook.
on November 26, 2007
Excellent recipes.. even for a 69 year old who is trying to cook more and more..
Easy to follow.....Very recommended..
on October 10, 2013
Again, a mean in 20 minutes, priceless. I also have her semi-homemade desserts and cocktails. There's a cocktail that I make once a year and tell my girlfriends that was passed down to me by my grandmother ;-)