Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on July 14, 2004
I've just finished watching this video and I am now far too hungry to write a long review. Suffice it to say that after watching this piece of screaming genius you will be mapping out a route from sandwich to sandwich all across this vast nation. These sandwich makers are the philosophers of our time. Listen, learn and digest.
on December 19, 2006
I am NOT one to sit down and watch a movie, but while I was flipping through the television one day a long time ago this show was playing on PBS. Not only was I enthralled enough to sit and watch it then, but several times over the next few weeks while it aired. Recently I just put it on my Netflix listing, watched it repeatedly until my husband made me mail it back so I had to breakdown and buy it. You can eat a full four course meal, watch this DVD and find yourself craving one of the sandwiches. My husband, the chef in the family, is constantly trying to recreate some of my favorites. This DVD is absolutely wonderful!! Try "A Hot Dog Program" too!
on June 2, 2015
OH MY GOD! This show makes me so hungry! Actually, all of Rick Sebak's food shows make me hungry... and they make me want to go on a road trip, which is quite a trick because I hate driving and/or travelling.
on August 21, 2006
I've enjoyed all of Rick Sebak's documentaries, but this is one of his best. I still think the hot dog one is the most interesting, and thematically coherent, but this one contains some nice discussion of the way that great sandwiches are true uniters.
on November 14, 2006
Oh my gosh, the sandwiches are so scrumptuous and outrageous in this

DVD, it is a freaking gem! Brilliant idea and well done in a fun way.

You betcha!
on February 27, 2015
This might be one of the best DVDs I have ever seen. I saw this late one night in Vegas on TV and caught the last 30 minutes. When I went back home I searched for this dvd and found it . Best sandwiches in the US!! I want to try a lot of these but prob won't get to even half cause there is so many.
on February 24, 2012
We stumbled across this movie on PBS first. We enjoyed watching it so much it surprised me and I knew I had to find it! It's very entertaining to see all the different sandwiches across the country and how loyal the locals are to certain restaurants and some sandwiches that have been a tradition at some places for a very long time.
on April 30, 2008
I love this documentary. It makes you want to take a road trip around the United States and try every regional sandwich shown. The interviews with the sandwich eating public definitely make the video what it is.
on October 14, 2010
I got the hot dog program first. Then I had to get this! Dare I say this is even better! I echo someone else's comment that this is great to play when you have dinner guests or parties. Good ice breakers! If this was played at doctor/dentist offices, elevators, hair dressers, bank lines, etc, it would make time go by much more pleasantly! All my family loved this show. If I am visiting a city, I check to see if a sandwich place is on it and make time to visit it. (Which I have!) I visited a place in Buffalo and the owners were delighted that I was from the west coast and made time to try their "beef on weck".

The program is sorta of a fun documentary (its done with some humour). I think kids will like it too! They could easily make a part 2. I wished they would! It's definitely re-watchable.

As for filling or bun? Dare I say bun!
on July 20, 2004
Rick Sebak and crew have done it again. Its interesting,its Americana, it provides cultural and historical lessons and boy those sandwiches look great! From the Buffalo beef on week to the po boys in Norleans, they are snadwiches fir for a king (or queen). I intend to go to these places if I'm near them in my travels. Yum!