Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 7, 2010
I have been cooking with cannabis for a long time. This book has demystified the butter process for me and is the first book of this quality to describe how to create food from cannabis that is not just sweet.

This is great, I love the potency guide and especially love the lemon bars on the cover.
0Comment54 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2010
Aunt Sandy's Medical Marijuana cookbook is an excellent book for those who wish to cook with cannabis. Aunt Sandy has an excellent way of explaining how to make several modern day recipes. You will be amazed at how easy it is to make every dish. I recommend this book to all adults who love to experiment cooking with cannabis.
0Comment40 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2011
This book is a must have for anybody wanting to cook with marijuana. Easy to understand instructions and photo's to go along with so you can read and look at what she's doing. If you've been looking for a book to learn the right way of cooking with cannibas this is the one. Highly recommended.
0Comment28 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2014
I made the 10x butter to try it out, thinking that I could just eat less medicine to take care of my pain. Turns out that even though I diluted it with more butter, it was so strong that I can only eat a piece of fudge the size of my small fingernail to get a massive result. Some of the recipes are wonderful, and I'll be incorporating those into my regular cooking.
on May 3, 2013
I have been suffering from pain for my entire adult life. I am unable to take morphine, and the other pain meds are useless to me unless I take them in high doses. I don't want to do take. It was suggested that I try marijuana to see how that did. For me, it works. However, I also have asthma, and smoking it has caused a host of other issues. Now I vape, and soon I will be cooking with it. That is why I had purchased this book.

Aunt Sandy provides a lot of useful recipes on making many of the common marijuana infused foods that are available to medical marijuana patients where dispensaries are legal. In fact, she actually makes many products for some dispensaries in her area. That fact tells me that she must know what she's doing. I found this book to be interesting, and the author compassionate towards those who depend on cannabis to treat their ailments. While many of these recipes won't compete with creations from some master pastry chef, they are a helluva lot better than just throwing some pot in a bowl of Duncan Hines brownie mix. Then again, these recipes aren't designed to impress with their complicated creativity... they are designed to give people such as myself a proven way to prepare medicine in a more palatable and less complicated fashion. Aunt Sandy did a good job doing that.
11 comment14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2011
I read the review on similar books and ended up ordering this one, I am really pleased with the book, I definetely recommend this for anyone who uses medical marijuana and is exploring all the different benefits in different forms. Amazon has the best selection of books world wide, gotta love em' !!!!
on September 1, 2015
With this book, I took a cannabis cooking class with the author Sandy Moriarty at Oaksterdam University, and it was a cringe-worthy joke. The woman was overly obsessed with how "f'cked up and couch-locked" she could get her family. She was also unhealthy, out of shape, and misspoke regarding THC and cannabis facts, which the class was later tested on. I sat through the class thinking 'this is a waste of time". Since I have other medical cannabis cooking training and experience to compare this to, I would like to say that this is a gimmicky book, without healthy medical cannabis options. If you are looking for a cannabis cooking book with a lot of unhealthy recipes, this is great. If you are looking for a medical cannabis book about wellness, choose another option.
on October 14, 2011
I enjoyed this book as it had new content for cooking. A HIT WITH ME! Oakland, CA is the heartland of Cannabis here on the progressive West coast and is always a good resource for Cannabis Culture all around! A must Buy!
on July 10, 2011
every one that cant smoke and has to eat edibles get this book great for the price and great things too cook
on December 9, 2014
It is a good book, just not my favorite book. After looking at this book online, I suggest you also look at the "High Times" cookbook. It is my favorite.