5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Pen: The Jotter
This is without a doubt my favorite pen - the Parker Jotter. I was expecting the blue set but when I opened up the Amazon package in the mail it was red. Just a FYI to those who buy this - my guess is that it could be any color.

Published on April 21, 2008 by P. McGuire

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality not as expected
Published on August 29, 2009 by Krishnamoorthy Balaraman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Pen: The Jotter, April 21, 2008
P. McGuire (USA, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanford 1738237 Parker Jotter Special Pen & Pencil Set (Colors may Vary) (Office Product)

The pencil is the main reason why I bought this - I have a ton of Jotters all over my room anyway. The pencil is great - going to use it for drawing.

The Jotter is one of the best ballpoint pens you can buy on the market today - it lasts forever and is really smooth.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love the jotter, you'll love the jotter pencil!, February 14, 2009
Jotter has always been my favorite pen. I started on a new degree and found myself in need of pencils. I bought the kind that needed a pencil sharpener and didn't like how often sharpening interrupted my work. So I started shopping for a mechanical pencil. I couldn't believe how many are thick like the husky pencils I had to use in the third grade. Not comfortable. So I started thinking about how nice it would be if Parker had a pencil like the Jotter. A little searching brought me to Amazon.com where I could buy a set. I was really after the pencil part of the set, but that wasn't an option.

My parkers arrived today. I ordered three, since another reviewer warned that any color could arrive. I ended up with two blue sets and a cranberry set. Fine by me, what I really wanted was a pink pencil to go with my pink pen. So with a little investigating I figured out that the mechanical pencil bottom barrel is the same as the pen bottom barrel. I popped a cylinder-pin out and now have a matching pink set. Yay!

How to change the barrel:
1. Unscrew the top from the pencil and set it aside
2. Depress the mechanism and shake the pencil to reveal the cylinder-pin
3. Take a small sewing needle or pin and bend the end of the cylinder up where the edges meet
4. Using a small tweezers, grab hold of the cylinder and pull it out.
5. Switch the barrel and pop the cylinder back in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always the best, June 25, 2009
Carl Wutkee (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
It is not a cheap pen and pencil set, it is a Very Nice pen and pencil set that is not overpriced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome pen and pencil set, May 3, 2010
I've been buying Parker pens and pencils for a few years now. They're sleek and super nice to write with, pretty much everything you could want in a pen/pencil. It's worth the extra few bucks it costs above a standard ball-point pen or mechanical pencil. High-end quality for a reasonable cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, September 29, 2009
Great product at a great price. I am always worried about .5 lead, but the design of the pencil works great. I knew I would love the pen as I lost one shortly before. I am very satisfied with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pens, November 9, 2010
I'v got the blue Jotters, the blue is more of a violet than a deep blue. They write smoothly and has that classic crisp. They come in black medium point ink and it feels good. The plastic barrel has a nice feel to it. I would recommend you get this pen. The shipping was fast and great. The pencil was also great, I really enjoyed writing with a Parker lead pencil.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality not as expected, August 29, 2009
I have been a long and ardent fan of Parker pens. I was really excited when I found the classic pen on Amazon. I received the product on time. I am, however, not completely satisfied with the build quality of the pen. I have a similar pen that was gifted to me by a dear friend. The silver portion of then seems to be made of a different quality of metal. It seems and feels cheap. The head of the pen also looks a teensy bit different. Overall, this still beats most of the pens in the market for quality and usability!

1.0 out of 5 stars I never received this., December 8, 2012
I never received this.. instead I received a stainless steel jotter. Which I didn't order on purpose because I don't like the stainless steel barrel. It is too slippery in my hand. Very disappointed.. First time ever I haven't received what I ordered from Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy Quality, July 7, 2011
I was fortunate enough to receive a set in navy blue, rather than one of the more outlandish colors out there. However, when I received my product, the packaging was rather beat up, and appeared to have been previously opened. As such, I decided to check the ink cartridge in the pen. Once I attempted to screw the top back on, the plastic treads in the top broke and fell out. Mind you, no excessive force was used in reassembling the pen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014