Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Theory (Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon July 21, 2011
Sanford is full of the reference data we all depend on, but c'mon team, it's 2011, and none of us are getting younger!

Time for better graphics, cleaner layout, and more readable type even in the small version of the Sanford. Like a sucker, I keep buying this guide every year hoping it will be readable, and every year I shelve it after a few days.

Sanford, you won't earn pocket space, until you *earn* pocket space.
on July 20, 2011
The Sanford Guide continues a tradition of excellence as a pocket guide to antimicrobial therapy. While it is fair to say that one may find the layout confusing at times, it remains the most succinct and functional print reference for the treatment of infection. The modern clinician may prefer a smartphone app in lieu of this product, but for the traditional physician, this text is the best choice.
on May 27, 2011
This spiral bound edition is much sturdier and much easier to read than the smaller paper-back edition we are all familiar with. This one also fits in your lab coat, just like the smaller one. Same information as the normal edition, just easier to read and use. Also, cover thicker and pages appear to be of higher paper stock than the traditional Sanford. It is holding up great and I use this much more frequently than I did the smaller one.
on October 7, 2011
I gave this book 3 stars because I feel I don't have the right to give it only one star, not having read it. The reason I have not read it is because the print is so tiny that even with my glasses I can barely make out a word. My advice: buy a bigger and better copy somewhere or resign yourself to the fact that you will have to read this one with a magnifying glass.
on August 29, 2015
I'm a clinical pharmacist and this is the gold standard. I bought these to give to my friends for disaster situations (they have bunkers, etc for the zombie apocalypse LOL!). And as reference materials. It is compact and abbreviated, so you need some medical knowledge to understand the abbreviations
on December 18, 2011
This is a great size and although electronic versions of guides are becoming more popular, nothing compares to an easy to flip though guide. And antimicrobial therapy is such an important topic for anyone in healthcare. Once you take a few minutes to learn how to use the Sanford Guide, you'll be glad you bought it. And best of all, there are no batteries to go dead. I highly recommend this guide.
on November 27, 2013
The Sanford Guide updates just prior to summer, every year. This is a small handbook which can easily be taken to clinics or the nursing field work. It is a required textbook in an MSN program. It is a guide to Antimicrobial Therapy for the graduate nursing students. It is always used.
on December 15, 2013
Still the best reference for any physician or clinical practitioner. Extremely useful for inpatients and outpatients, from pneumonias to tropical medicine. Highly recommended. The online resource from a Baltimore institution is more readable, but the print edition is sorely lacking. Thus, this little handbook is still the best resource.
on January 8, 2014
This is a GREAT little reference that I have used in its various editions for the past 20 years. Nice to have a quick, reliable reference for those odd infections that pop up sometimes in a primary care office.
on December 23, 2012
I purchased this book yearly for years, and as I got older struggled with the small print. Now I have the iPad version which is just what the doctor ordered! Will never purchase the paper version again, but will continue with the e-book.. BTW, I sent a question to one of the authors and got a prompt email replay. Nice touch.