The Sangean ATS-909X is the flagship of the Sangean line of AM/FM/SW Portable Radios. It provides performance and features generally found in more expensive table top communication receivers and combines it all into a very compact and stylish package. Coverage includes all long wave, medium wave, short wave, and AM and FM stereo frequencies. (FM Stereo through headphone jack) It's a clear step up from Sangean's previous ATS-909 model in terms of construction, output power, and signal range.
Providing performance and features in a very compact and stylish package
Featuring a larger LCD with a brighter backlight for easier reading. View larger
Compared to the previous ATS-909 model, the ATS-909X boasts a larger LCD with a brighter backlight for easier reading. With over three times the output power of the ATS-909 (1W vs. 0.3W) and a more rigid cabinet, the ATS-909X offers superior sound quality and reliability. An additional AM RF preamplifier, DSP decode IC, and a longer telescopic antenna compared to the ATS-909 enhances the short-wave reception for improved signal fidelity. A "Squelch" setting allows you to set the sensitivity rating for radio reception, rejecting residual noise and reducing scans to faulty stations. And all these features of the ATS-909X come in a package that's smaller than the original.
The built-in 3" speaker lets you listen anywhere, and is great for a small room or office
The ATS-909X features a rechargeable battery and an LED light that indicates the charging status.
Multiple Tuning Methods
Short wave performance is enhanced with a wide-narrow bandwidth switch and selectable upper and lower single side band performance (SSB tuning to 40 Hz steps). Five tuning methods are featured: direct keypad entry, manual tuning, auto scan, manual up-down tuning, and memory recall.
406 Total Presets
The alpha-numeric memory system lets you store 406 presets (351 short wave, 18 AM, 27 FM and 9 long wave plus 1 priority). Three programmable wake timers are available. The clock displays even when the radio is tuning and has 42 world city times stored. The large LCD display also features a signal strength and battery life indicator. The ATS-909X will also display RDS - PS, PTY, RT and CT for station name and clock time in areas where service is available.
Listen via Speaker or Headphones with Tone Control
The built-in 3" speaker lets you conveniently listen anywhere, and is great for a small room or office environment. You can also listen to the ATS-909X using the 3.5mm headphone jack and the included earbuds. While you're listening to your favorite radio programming and information via speaker or earphones, customize your listening experience with a sliding tone control.
Line-In for Other Sources
An AUX input allows you to connect other sources to the ATS-909X for playback via the built-in speaker or included earbuds.
The Sangean ATS-909X offers an alarm function with 3 timers for Snooze and Sleep features. Wake up to a conventional buzzer or one of your favorite radio presets. There's even a nap timer to catch a brief nap during the day.
In addition to the ADPATS-808 6V DC Adapter, the ATS-909X also includes a ANT-60 shortwave antenna, carrying pouch, and earbuds.
- Speaker: 3" Driver
- Presets: 406 (27 FM / 9 LW / 18 MW / 351 SW + 1 Priority Preset)
- Five Tuning Methods: Direct Frequency Tuning, Auto Scan, Manual Tuning, Memory Recall and Rotary Tuning
- ATS (Auto Tuning System) Auto Scan and Preset Priority Signal Strength in FM / MW / LW Bands
- FM RDS / RBDS with PS, PTY, RT and CT Features
- DSP IF Decoder
- Display: LCD Screen (3.2 x 1.7") with Bright White LED Backlight
- Automatically Searches for Strongest Signal Station within SW Station Pages
- Alarm: Radio or HWS (Humane Wake System) Buzzer
- Clock: Built-In 42 World Time & D.S.T. Device with 2 Editable City Names
- AM Wide / Narrow filter
- FM Mono / Stereo Selector Switch
- SSB (Single Side Band): USB / LSB 40Hz / Set on Fine Tuning
- Audio Quality: 1W Amp Output Power
- Outputs: Line-Out, Earphones (3.5mm)
- Power Sources: Battery (Main Power, 4x AA) or DC-in (9V DC 700mA) or AC-in (AC 9V 0.7A)
- 12 Segment High Resolution Signal Indicator compared to 7 Segment from the ATS-909 Predecessor
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 200 x 133 x 38.2mm