5.0 out of 5 stars Great toilet gasket
This waxless toilet gasket was extremely easy to install and appears to make a great seal. I really like that there's no mess. I installed one in a customer's home about 2 weeks ago and so far no call back. I purchased the Sani Seal specifically for this homeowner because of a water leak problem that keeps coming back despite 2 new wax seals, a new tile floor, and a...
Published on May 7, 2011 by Fritz W.

1.0 out of 5 stars FOR RECESSED FLANGES ONLY
This thing would get a five star review if i had a recessed flange but mine sticks above the floor just a bit
if you have a slightly recessed or perfectly flush flange this thing would work like magic. The customer service
rep. told me I could not shave it down and I would have to shim the front of the bowl so it would be level with
the back. That would...
Published 14 months ago by RobinHood

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 526 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very excellent investment, July 11, 2012
This review is from: Sani Seal Llc BL01 Waxless Toilet Gasket (Tools & Home Improvement)
I recently bought a brand new toilet last week, and with it a Fernco Inc. FTS-3 3-Inch wax free toilet seal. I attached it to the toilet very securely and fastened the toilet into place. A few days later I noticed a small puddle of water leaking from the very bottom of the toilet whenever I'd flush it. It kinda baffled me because alot of people were praising this Fernco product and claiming it to be the best wax free toilet seal out there. I took the toilet apart to investigate the problem. The front half of the adhesive that was on the Fernco product ended up detaching somehow. Not sure what or how that happened, but that was the cause of the leak.

Well, in my frustration I was gonna order another Fernco wax free seal because I thought I had a faulty one. But then I decided to search for a better product because I didn't wanna make the same mistake twice. That's when I discovered this Sani waxless toilet seal. I was a bit uneasy about buying this because it looked like nothing that would get the job done as it mentioned. But man, was I wrong. This is a very easy to use, mess free solution to getting a leak free toilet. No mess, no extra pieces to install, just this. I'm no veteran when it comes to assembling toilets, but man this makes the job soooo much easier than anything else. There is no adhesive or messy wax to apply at all. With the Fernco product it's more like an 'attach and pray it stays' sort of thing. With this Sani seal you can count on it working the first time you use it. Would buy this again if I ever switch out an old toilet in my home.

5.0 out of 5 stars worked when others failed, June 29, 2012
I remodeled a bathroom and had some trouble setting a toilet that wouldn't weep water..(Mostly due to my inexperience and slightly unlevel flange). I tried doubling wax rings--still weeped. Tried another brand of waxless ring that glued to horn--still weeped. AFter pulling and reseting this toilet some half a dozen times I was ready to call a plumber when I saw this and figured I would try it first....Well I am pleasantly suprised several days have gone by and no weeping...knock on wood I have fixed the problem with the easiest product. I think this product is simply the best. Especially for novices like myself, I recommend it so much that I ordered another one for the other bathroom--just in case. Thanks, Sani Seal.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Good So Far, June 4, 2012
We have a toilet with a closet flange which is related to Charlie Brown's Kite-eating Tree: the Wax Ring Eating closet flange. After going through three wax rings in the eight years we've lived here and paying for a plumber each time, we decided to give the Sani-Seal a try.

Installing the gasket was pretty easy, with the only issues being related to the ancient closet flange and deteriorated floor. It took a little while for the toilet to settle down on the gasket, maybe a little longer than the time to crush a standard wax ring. Once it was down and the nuts tightened on the bolts it was nice and stable.

A week along, so far no leaks, so it's working quite well. How well will it last? Hopefully long enough to either sell the house or repair the floor and closet flange. Easily worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a convert. We are now wax-free!!!, May 23, 2012
These things work. You have to follow the directions (as the people that gave one star reviews clearly did not). You have to have a properly installed flange (which is also true for wax rings).

Pros:

1. You can reposition the toilet as many times as you need to, as the sani-seal is foam and remains malleable.

2. Sani-seal holds the johnny bolts in place for you! This is no small detail, even with those plastic washer gizmo's that come with them, they can flop around a bit. The sani-seal holds the bolts, and as a result the bolts keep the sani-seal from moving.

3. Can be stacked, if you have a below-floor level flange.

4. Even if the toilet rocks, due to an uneven floor (you must fix this problem before declaring victory, however), it won't break the seal. So you can move the toilet, leveling and shimming until it is perfect without risking the wax ring 'breaking' its seal. (Which it very well may do. It is not all that forgiving.)

Cons:

More expensive than a wax ring. Wait. Less expensive than a FAILED wax ring. No plumber needs to come 'fix it', because it won't break.

------------------

General Comments:

I was a little skeptical, given the squishieness of the sani-seal. But I am convinced there will not be a breach, even if there is a 'backup' in the sewer line. There is enough compression between the bottom of the toilet horn and the flange to insure integrity. Certainly I have more confidence in it than in a wax ring, which I have had fail on a couple of occasions (NOT my installation, by the way.)

With a wax ring you get one shot to get the toilet positioned. If you have to lift or move it, after the base is set down, there is a good chance that the wax is going to 'gap'. When you are trying to position an 80# toilet, this can be TOUGH! I built a little 'installer' before I found out about the Sani-Seal ring that would aid me in getting the toilet positioned (see below for a description - it is still a very nice little item to have, although I no longer need it!).

Tips and Tricks that I learned along the way:

1. Toilet Cart: Enormously helpful in putting a toilet in perfectly the first time, without breaking your back. I built one (you can BUY one, maybe, but they are $$$$). Mine is simple and cheap. I took a piece of 1/2" plywood, cut it into a rectangle slightly larger than the base of the toilet - mark the center line, front to back, on the plywood with a magic marker. Put 4 casters on the bottom - one at each corner - I used heavy-duty ($3 each at Depot) ones that do a 360 swivel). NOW, in the bathroom, using blue painter's tape make an X, across the area where the toilet will be positioned. This will give you a center to aim for. Two arms of the X will extend from the johnny bolts out far enough to be visible from above the 'dolly', the other two arms extend from the wall forward showing the 'center' of the flange. I don't need to tell you to NOT have this tape across your sewer opening, right? (If I do, then you should just go call a plumber.)

Carry the toilet into the bathroom, or push it on the dolly (if you have hard floors all the way). You can center it 'perfectly' now and take a rest during the whole process if you like!

When you are ready to do the final life, you don't have to 'walk' it into place, it is already there. Have an assistant behind you to pull out the dolly when you lift the toilet up. It should be IMMEDIATELY above the johnny bolts and need very little shifting. You can put the front down first (remember, repositioning is legal!), and lower the back onto the bolts. If the bolts are engaged in the bolt holes and are 'even', you are done with the hard phase.

2. Floors that are not perfectly level. Level the toilet, if it is not level, or rocks, you have uneven floors. Level the toilet, pushing pennies under the bottom rim until it is as close to level as possible. It can still rock, but only 1/2 penny's width ;->. Do not tighten the bolts just yet. You are not done.

Make up a spray bottle of Dawn dish washing soap and water 1-10 mix. Get a roll of paper towels and tear up a bunch of individual sheets that are easy to get to. Put a trash can near by. Do NOT use rags. They just make a mess. (Do not reuse a paper towel, it just makes a BIGGER mess. You want to get out of this unscathed? Be wasteful. You only have to do it once every 10 years or so.) Get a small bowl of the same mix for dipping your finger. Using silicone caulk** run a bead around the bottom of the toilet, do not dislodge the pennies!!!). Spray said bead with the soapy water! (This will pevent the silicone from mushing up and making a mess beyond the bead.) Using your finger, first dipped in soapy water, 'tool' that bead of caulk under the toilet, do NOT overwork it. If the silicone collects on your finger, grab a paper towel, wipe it off and THROW IT AWAY. Re dip your finger and continue. The silicone should just barely be under the rim - the caulking gun accomplishes this - you are only 'smoothing' it with your finger. Allow it to cure. This may take a day. It is worth it. Wait.

All done waiting. Put on your johnny bolts and tighten them - be careful. Toilets are just big glass vases (I believe that Terry Love coined that phrase - great guy!!!! Look him up! Runs a wonderful plumbing site with lots of tips, tricks and reviews).

Your toilet is now ready to use and with nope, not rock and roll.

** As to caulk: check the fresh date!!!!! YOU MUST NOT USE OUT OF DATE CAULK. I KNOW THIS FROM HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! It will flow, but it will never, ever cure and it is impossible to cleanly wipe up.

5.0 out of 5 stars ease of use, February 21, 2012
This is a great product. It is a very easy to use product that works exactly as advertised. As a person that has worked in a hardware store and that has heard many customers complain that they messed up using standard wax rings, and have had to start over with a new wax ring, this is the solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and eaisy to use, February 21, 2012
I found this seal the neatest and easiest to install of any type of toilet gasket that I have found to date. No mess no leaks! I wish it was made available at local stores in my area.
Finally someone has done their homework!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do it Yourself, February 19, 2012
Installed a new toilet, in the past I have tried different no wax seals with bad luck, always ended up going back to a wax seal, and fighting with it. After looking at the video on the company web site, tried this and it went on just as promised, it has worked great for me, been a month now and do not see any problems. Works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product., March 8, 2014
Wonderful product. Works Great can't beat them for the price. Quality is top notch and recommended highly. I have used it to seat a toilet after tiling. You just can't beat this when compared to the old wax rings. Definite buy and you will be satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars very easy to install, April 18, 2014
This is a very good product. I'm not a pro, just a guy who fixes everything in my house (I'm currently installing new joists as part of a bathroom remodel). I've replaced the wax seal between the tank and the bowl before so I understand how finicky those wax connections can be but this was my first toilet gasket fix. It was a breeze. On a difficulty level this was a 1. The toughest part for the average guy would be lifting the toilet (which for me was nothing). If you can do that you can perform this repair and save yourself a bag of money. My only complaint is the instructions on the packaging. I followed those instructions, installed the seal, and all appeared fine. On a whim though, I went to the website and looked at the video that I had seen previously when I "discovered" the product. As it happens, (and which was NOT mentioned on the packaging) there is a 1 second adjustment to the seal to be done prior to installing on a 3" pipe. So I took it apart again then reinstalled it. Easy as pie the second time around too but I shouldn't have had to do that. The instructions for a 3" pipe should be on the package.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, January 10, 2014
After 16 plus years of dealing with several floor mounted, rear outlet toilets and their never ceasing leaks or poor function due to poorly placed wax rings by the tens of plumbers we have used trying to solve this nuisance, finally took it upon myself to do some research, ran into Sani-Seal, bought them, installed them myself as they instruct on their website and...problem ended. Not once in all the years of calling plumbers did one of them even suggest "hey, try a non-wax ring" for this type of rear-outlet toilet." It is what is needed and works absolutely, perfectly, 100% great! And super easy to install. Cannot emphasize enough how many walls former leaks have tainted or ruined, paint jobs I have had to do. I no longer have to live terrorized by my toilets!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 526 | Next ›

Sani Seal Llc BL01 Waxless Toilet Gasket
$13.29 $12.81
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies