5.0 out of 5 stars Great
I can't wear regular Sanitas or Danskos because I have a very high arch and instep, and they press down on the top of my feet. Both companies make a shoe for a high instep (Dansko's is called the "Phoebe," and it's sold on Amazon also) and I tried both. I prefer the Sanitas version.

I usually wear these for about 10 hours, sometimes longer. They stay...
Published 10 months ago by Océane

3.0 out of 5 stars Sanita Basil Clog
Style is wonderful. Length is good but a bit to narrow. I usually always buy Dansko (plenty of toe room). This Sanita is narrow compared to a Dansko shoe the same size. Hoping I just need to break them in a bit for the shoe to loosen up.
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Sanita Women's Basil Clog (Shoes)

I usually wear these for about 10 hours, sometimes longer. They stay comfortable. I recommend going a half size up, they do consistently fit a bit small.

As with all these clogs, you have to get used to the feeling of them moving around on your feet a bit. And the feeling that you're clumping around like a giant yeti, if you're used to wearing much smaller and lighter shoes. It's worth it to have your feet and back hurt less at the end of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, January 3, 2014
Darla C. Engelmann (Richmond, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanita Women's Basil Clog (Shoes)
I have worn these shoes every day since I got them. The support my high arch, so important since I have plantar fasciitis . I have had other Dansko clogs and they hurt the top of my food since my arch is so high. The thickness of the top of the shoes means it never stretches out. Since these shoes have elastic they are so comfortable and I can wear them all day.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these!, May 9, 2014
This review is from: Sanita Women's Basil Clog (Shoes)
I wear them for at least 10 hours a day and they are great! The leather gets a little rubbed from excessive use. However they are .5 a size up or a smidge less. I usually run between 8.5-9 US and the 40 fits perfect with light socks. I like these better than dansko since they have the elastic option on the top for your foot and I seemed to be in between sizes for dansko as well. I love them! Great price too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, just like Dansko, but with great elastic feature, April 13, 2014
F. Ow (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanita Women's Basil Clog (Shoes)
Sanita and Dansko were the same company, once upon a time. Indeed, this shoe feels just like a Dansko professional clog. This is very well constructed and has very good arch support. I'm super picky about shoe comfort, and this one is great, although getting used to the overall feel of clogs takes a little time. The Sanita Basil Clog, in particular, is really special because of the elastic portion which "fusions" the foot's instep (top of foot). On more traditional clogs without an elastic design, I previously had soreness on the instep after wearing clogs for many hours. It won't happen with this pair. Love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those with a high arch, October 21, 2014
This review is from: Sanita Women's Basil Clog (Shoes)
I have never been able to wear anything other than a mary jane style clog because the shoe always hit a weird spot on the top of my foot that was too painful. I'd been having a hard time finding mary jane clogs recently- not sure if they stopped making them or what. I bought these on a whim after reading the reviews saying there was a bit of elastic on this style so they had more give. These are one of the most comfortable shoes I've worn and felt great right out of the box. No pain on the top of my foot and they're also pretty lightweight/not clunky for clogs. Love them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sanita Basil Clog, April 30, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanita Women's Basil Clog, January 9, 2015
This review is from: Sanita Women's Basil Clog (Shoes)
After many years of wearing Dansko's, I have now converted to the Sanita brand. Dansko is still good, just not for work. The reason, is that Dansko's are now made in China and the quality is just not what it used to be. I am a nurse and put many hard miles on my shoes so they have to be durable. The last pair of Dansko's I purchased, I noticed there were no staples, the stitching was done with thread, which predictably, has begun to fray excessively. I have always worn a 38 in Dansko and they were a little bit big, always wished they'd do a 37.5. The 38 Sanita makes for a snug comfortable fit, with the required gap at the heel. The goring in the instep of the Basil makes them super comfortable, no chafing on the instep. For those who are a comfortable fit in the Dansko, the Sanita is going to be a slightly tighter and shorter fit. IMO there is definitely no more, maybe less than .5 size difference between a Dansko and Sanita of the same size. I feel that Sanita is making the superior quality product, continuing to make the quality shoe to which I am accustom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanita Clogs, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Sanita Women's Basil Clog (Shoes)
I love my Sanita Clogs. The fit is so comfortable. I prefer these clogs to the pair of Danskos I have . I would purchase this brand of shoes again. I love my clogs.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... (size 5) fit very well and really do provide excellent arch support, November 21, 2014
This review is from: Sanita Women's Basil Clog (Shoes)
This shoes (size 5) fit very well and really do provide excellent arch support. Though they feel a bit heavy, not unlike a clog, they are very comfortable. I am very happy with the way they feel and look. These shoes make both a great work shoe and casual shoe. I would recommend and buy again. I ordered a size too big originally, and the exchange was easy and smooth. Very happy overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Sanita Clog, July 3, 2014
This review is from: Sanita Women's Basil Clog (Shoes)
Love the trim on the instep. Gives it a bit of style especially with a skirt.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›