Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on January 12, 2013
I wear a 2A Narrow or just a Narrow shoe. My heels are 3A. Due to shoe fit problems and having to walk everywhere (I don't own a car), my feet began to be repeatedly injured very badly since some Easy Spirits gave out on me 7 years ago.
I now have injuries that affect my tendons in the ankles, and also create problems for my knees and hips. I have very high arches and pronate inward.
I've tried Ryka walking shoes, Dansko, Eurostep, Clarks, Ecco, Aetrix, and more. None of them fit right out of the box.
I usually have to wear inserts, either Dr. Scholls, Spenco, or Aetrix, and also have to add heel grippers for my super narrow heels. I still end up getting blisters on my heels. And hot spots on the ball of my feet because my toes slosh around in the toe box of the shoes.
The Danskos I can wear with socks in the winter, but they are heavy. And they needed the Aetrix insert. I found out that Sanita stopped making the footbed for Dansko, and so investigated Sanita.
Sanita tend to run narrow, so the Narrow size is excellent for my super narrow feet.
I don't need any inserts for these. The footbed is comfortable, the arch is just right for my very high arch.
The toebox is nice and roomy, but I don't slosh around like I do in other narrow shoes.
I can wear two pairs of light socks for extra cushioning.
If you need a wide size, check out the Wide sizes that Sanita offers. The Medium size will probably run a bit narrow as I found out from calling several online sources.
Also, you might want to order the next size up if you need more toe room. The Sanita run a bit short. Order up esp. if you are a half size.
I will definitely order more Sanita shoes!

UPDATE:
I ordered these in a size larger in RED! so that I can insert a Pedag Sheepskin insole with the cork lining for winter insulation. Perfect! I did have to put a heel gripper in to accomodate my narrow AAA heel as the larger size lets my heel slip too much. The toe box on the Sanita clog is so nice and very welcome as it is deep enough to allow for an insert or for extra socks in the cold weather.
I love the Sanita clogs so much that I wear them indoors too! I have concrete floors, so standing to do dishes or walking on cold floors isn't a problem anymore.
I recommend Sanita clogs. :) I love the red color.
22 comments47 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2014
I took the advice from another reviewer who purchased a pair of Dansko oil clogs (as I've also purchased the Dansko clogs) only to find the product no longer fit comfortably (I found the leather a different quality from previous pairs). She researched and discovered Dansko had moved production to a different (probably cheaper) manufacturer. It is true what she wrote and the Sanita oil clog fits like the old Dansko clogs. I'd like to thank her for submitting the review.
22 comments38 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2012
I am a healthcare worker that wears Sanita clogs everyday- this product was a wonderful replacement to my previously well broken-in clogs of the same characteristics. I mistakenly ordered a 'narrow' width and the exchange experience with Amazon was basically effortless and a very stress free experience- which was GREATLY appreciated!
on May 7, 2015
This is my second pair of Sanita clogs. My first pair lasted over 2 years (I'm a server, so they took some abuse...), and are still useable as back ups, just look a bit used up. The chalky coating that some have mentioned is not a bit deal. It'll wear off on its own very quickly, and trying to wipe it off just makes it streaky.
review image review image
on March 13, 2014
I wear the size 38 for Dansko clogs. However, for Sanita Professioal Oil Clog, I don't seem to find the right size. I tried the size 38 - it was too tight around my foot ( instep ), the size 38 C/D (wide width) - way too big, the size 37 C/D - great around my foot, but somewhat small. I had to return them.
on October 19, 2013
The last year I wore clogs with any regularity, the soles were wooden and we had a wooden president in the White House. The clogs were backless and Nixon was busy breaking into The Watergate.

I'd long forgotten the rule on soft clogs (if I ever even knew it) that they should feel loose and "clip clop" off your heel. It took me a couple of days to get used to them; and of course, reading about the proper fit on the Sanita (and Dansko) websites, I said, "OH! OK! Then these are perfect." For me, the problem is always about width (my Fred Flintstone feet are wide). I've worn them almost every day since I got them -- and I stand and walk all day on a hard wooden floor in a retail shop.

The clogs are fabulous.
0Comment21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2014
Before purchasing the Sanita professional oil clog I tried on a pair of Dansko clogs at a local store in the same style and color, my feet are fairly narrow for a size 10 but I found the Dansko to be much wider than the average shoe and not of the same standard of quality as the Sanita. The Sanita in size 41 fit my perfectly in length and width. I am constantly on my feet at a restaurant job, the weight and stiffness of the sole was awkward to get used to at first (before I was wearing very cheap, very thin canvas shoes) but after breaking them in they are very comfortable and sturdy. They take a lot of abuse at work and I can tell these will last for years to come. The sole is at the perfect angle for a feeling of great support, my lower back pain and knee pain has since been relieved. I am very pleased though I must add a disclaimer: At my restaurant job there is a lot of fast movement, quick, sharp turns, and running stairs (the kitchen is upstairs from the seating) I have turned my ankle a few times and slipped running up/down the stairs a couple of times, this may be attributed to the tall sole, and lack of grip as opposed to rubber soles. I still wear them at work, but I have to be mindful of my footing in busy times when dodging tables and customers, and racing up stairs. For this reason I might not recommend them for a very fast paced environment. Overall I am very pleased with the support and quality of these shoes. I rarely spend more than $30 on shoes and consider this purchase money well spent.
on November 21, 2012
For me, the certainly are. They were immediately comfortable, like a pair of old friends. I have 3 different pair and am always on the lookout for new designs. I love this shoe maker!
on June 17, 2014
I find these very comfy. I used to have a pair by Dansko and they broke down after years of use, however, I don't remember them being as comfy as my Sanita clogs. And not only are these more comfy, but they were less expensive as well ! I love them !
on December 16, 2014
Be sure to check your size chart with the actual Sanita shoe company prior to your order. My size is 8 - 8.5. Due to the reviews that the shoes ran small, I ordered a size bigger, assuming by the Amazon size chart that they would be 8.5 - 9.

instead, i received a shoe that ran 9 - 9.5 . When I looked at the Sanita shoe chart, it did not match the Amazon shoe chart, which is why the shoes I received were too large.

See 1 answered question