4.0 out of 5 stars Great for tile and wood floors and very lightweight
Published on March 2, 2011 by nm gal out of town

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not as good as my old one
Published on May 11, 2012 by Ana

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for tile and wood floors and very lightweight, March 2, 2011
This review is from: Sanitaire by Electrolux S3686E Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
Customer reviews on Amazon are always the deciding factor for me, if I will buy a product or not. So I spent 2 months reading vacuum cleaner reviews and settled on this one. I use a vac 3 times a week in a 1200 sq ft house, no indoor pets. If you are looking for a canister vac for under $200, and have mostly tile or hardwood floors, this seems like a good bet(of course, so did my upright Dirt Devil Vibe bought 3 years ago and fell apart!)Cons: the construction seems flimsy, everything is plastic so go gently with it. The cord wraps underneath the vac so you have to turn it upside down to do it and the cord is very stiff and does not wrap easily. Also, the wheels are always getting stuck on the cord as you pull it across the floor. These are mostly minor annoyances, here are the Pros: Quiet compared to my old upright. Plenty of suction. Works fine on area rugs(I do not have any wall to wall carpeting). Very light weight, good for stairs. The bags are Eureka MM style, they are cheap and my Wal-Mart has them. Has a HEPA filter which I require in a vac. And had the best warranty for an inexpensive vacuum cleaner. We'll see how long it holds up....

4.0 out of 5 stars great purchase!, July 7, 2010
I needed a canister vacuum cleaner because my house has all hardwood floors. Didn't want to spend the money on one that specializes in carpet. This machine was the answer. Works great and is very light weight. The reason for 4 stars instead of 5: Only thing that bothers me is that the pipe for the floor attachment falls off easily from the hose. It should have a toggle button to hold it on.

4.0 out of 5 stars wow, January 11, 2008
Great vacuum, super powerful. I'd give it a 5 but for the hose quality. One of my better purchases. I'm planning to buy another for 2nd home.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not as good as my old one, May 11, 2012
Ana (New York, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
I am a serious vacuumer and this is my third Mighty Mite canister vacuum. The first one is still in use and the second one lasted 10 years before falling apart. Like the first two, this latest vacuum has strong suction and is convenient to use and store. The long wand makes it easy to reach under beds and the canister itself is easy to carry from room to room. However, this most recent Mighty Mite is not as effective as the others were. It seems to have strong suction but it doesn't actually pick up all that well. It is also quite noisy and gets very hot. I am disappointed and wonder if I shouldn't have been so faithful to the brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little vacuum, August 11, 2012
I keep telling my husband how much I love this vacuum, he can not relate. It has great suction, and does a good job getting the dog hair off of the throw rugs. I wouldn't use it for wall to wall carpet. I use it on hardwood, and tile floors, also all of my furniture, cold air return vents,cobwebs, you name it. I also like the canister vacuum for it's ability to get under furniture, which can't be done with any upright. I don't bother to wrap the cord around the bottom. I just bought a cable cuff at the Home Depot,coil the cord in a circle,grab it in the middle, and cuff it right to the handle on top. I did buy the optional hepa filter that snaps on the back of the unit. If I wanted to stand it on end to store it I could, if the metal section of hose is disconnected,it just doesn't sit as solid. It does run hot, meaning the air it releases is very warm, but I'm not concerned about that. I have two dogs that shed like it's their job, and this small unit way out performs that thing I was using from Sears. I must mention, I am a cleaning lady by trade, and there are few, if any vacuums I feel comfortable recommending for various reasons. As far as noise, that doesn't bother me either. I can't be a judge on that because I'm conditioned to that since I vacuum almost everyday.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sanitaire S3686E, May 8, 2011
Bought this at CommercialVacuum.com for 40 bucks less last week. It was grey in color, not blue.

PROS: Strong suction
Lightweight
Sturdy adjustable steel pole

CONS: Loud
Cheap plastic feel, with lots of excess plastic at joints
Very stiff cord
Snap-on HEPA filter prevents unit from standing up for storage

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the monster it replaced, October 5, 2010
This may be a premature 5 star rating, but this vacuum is great. Out of the box it is more powerful and quieter than the Hoover upright it replaced.

The Hoover was an unwieldy beast, especially for stairs. With the small beater attachment, the Hoover was still lacking in its cleaning ability. The Sanitaire/Electrolux is light, easy to get around and the shoulder strap makes doing stairs a breeze. And, even without a beater attachment it did much better on the stair runner. Dog hair is gone!

We are very pleased with the first impression of this vacuum. If it continues to perform like this, it will have been a worthwhile purchase and a real bargain. And, the snap on Hepa filter is easy to install and change. The Hepa filter on this model eliminates blowing odors back into the room much better than the Hoover did. We do not think the hose is as flimsy as others have said, but it is not a spring wire reinforced one as on some Electolux models.

Overall, no negatives on the first use that we can find.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for carpet, December 4, 2010
joan (Bayside, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this vacuum to replace my 10 year old Mighty Mite which had weak suction. I needed a vacuum that would be light weight yet powerful enough to pick up pet hair. This vacuum has powerful suction but does not pick up pet hair. In fact, it is no good on carpet at all and too strong for area rugs. It is also heavier than my previous vacuum. The biggest problem is the attachments. The carpet attachment is poor and to obtain a rotating roller brush for the carpet is almost $100!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Bargain!, September 13, 2010
Arthur P Sultan (New Canaan, CT, US) - See all my reviews
We have owned large, heavy and overpriced vacuums for 40 years. We were specifically looking for a machine that would attempt to stay one hair ahead of our Black Lab.

My wife is delighted with the weight and the cleaning powere and I am delighted with the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Power, April 4, 2011
Very highly recommended. Great for all those places you can't get to with your upright vacuum. Lots of power. Amazing what it will pick up. Great for cleaning out the car.

Rate and Discover Movies