Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

Format: PaperbackChange

on October 10, 2005
Santa Claus is a pretty smart person. He knows just about all there is to know about kids, toys and the gifts kids want. And in Santa Claus the World's Number One Toy Expert, the reader is privy to the way Santa gets to know all the world's children.

We're shown how Santa makes sure all the toys are fun and learn that 99.9% of the time Santa, through hard work and practice, makes sure that each child receives the 'exact right toy.' The other 1%? No one is perfect, not even Santa Claus.

Children will be drawn into the story of how Santa does what he does. The illustrations are whimsical and add to the explanation.

Armchair Interviews says: The prediction is that children will read this book and dream of their perfect Christmas toy.
VINE VOICEon November 13, 2005
I love the illustrations in this book, Santa on a pogo stick, Santa surrounded by all of his empty mugs of hot coccoa after figuring out the perfect gift for every child (perfect 99.9% of the time).

This book is about how the perfect gift from Santa ends up under the Christmas tree.

I just thought this book was adorable, well written and with fantastic illustrations.
on November 6, 2006
I just got this book for my son, and now I'm buying a copy for my soon-to-be nieces. This is the best Santa story book I've ever read! It's fun and delightful and you can't help but laugh at the big task Santa has every year. You will NOT be disappointed! The illustrations are fantastic and it will bring delight to your face as well as your children's! A must-have for every family!!
on June 27, 2006
Marla Frazee has put all other Santa books to shame. If you own ONE book about Santa let it be this one. Her words and illustrations perfectly capture this great jolly man. Full of humor, warmth and tenderness it should definitely be in every stocking for generations to come.
VINE VOICEon November 30, 2008
Marla Frazee lets her illustrations do most of the talking in this delightful Christmas story that provides young children insight into Santa's passion for toys.

This story details all the behind-the-scenes work Santa is involved in leading up to and after Christmas day. As the world's number one toy expert, Santa goes to great lengths to ensure each toy is fun, sturdy and matches the child who will receive it.

My two sons, ages 6 and 4, immediately giggled at the book's cover, a drawing of Santa bouncing along on a pogo stick in his suspenders and candy cane short pants.

Santa's ever-changing wardrobe is one of the rib-tickling reasons this book is fun to read again and again. I had to go back and check my memory to make sure I was right because Santa never appears in his famous red coat and pants in this book. Parents will chuckle, too, at the rapidly increasing number of coffee mugs scattered in Santa's workshop as he works long hours in the final days before Christmas.

In summary, this is a great addition to your Christmas story book collection for young readers and preschoolers. It might even make a fun coffee table book at a Christmas party.
on December 18, 2007
This book is a lot of fun. My 2yo daughter was petrified of Santa and this book has enabled us to overcome this.

After a couple reads at bedtime, it was impossible to get past various pages without having to allocate the various toys, wrapping paper and gifts to each of her friends and family. It became a wonderful exercise for her memory, as she would remember that the white paper with blue stars is for "Pop" and the scooter is for "Joshie" and big present with the multi-coloured stipes is for "Nanna", etc. etc. Daddy (me) was allocated the really lame "pink dots on orange" present and I am the one who has read it to her a gazillion times: charming!

Well written, fun, cheeky - this book is great and has provided us with a lot of joy.

(Miss 2 y.o. can recite the book front to back - that's how many times we've read it!)
on December 30, 2014
Sweet Christmas book with whimsical drawings and a light story about the man in red. He works hard, he chooses carefully, and he's "right" about his gift giving choices 99% of the time, because we all make mistakes. Pages are full of thoughtfully creative drawings; I found myself adding to the story line, just to give attention to those many images, allowing my 3 year old nephew to absorb all he sees and hears. It's a great addition to our variety of Christmas-y books.
on April 16, 2014
This is a great book to read at Christmastime. My favorite thing about it is that it focuses on Santa finding the ONE perfect gift for each child (rather than fulfilling a huge list). The illustrations are well-done—amusing and engaging.
on January 3, 2014
I bought this for my 3 year old son as a part of his holiday book collection. Honestly, I think that I like it more than he does! He does enjoy the pictures quite a bit, but the story isn't that engaging for him. Overall, I do recommend it and think it would make a great addition to your library - just for the fun pictures.
on June 27, 2013
I ordered this book after a presenter endorsed it at a teachers' writing conference. My sons love to listen to me read the story...the illustrations are wonderful!